+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Re: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Aly has always wanted to do DWTS, so she is living her dream, never a bad thing - at any age
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Maybe that is because except for the emoting, for all practical purposes it was easy for Shawn? We didn't hear Shawn complain about such things as counting. She was like this little wind up toy that I have seen on the center aisle in the stores at Christmas - just wind her up, and let her go. She didn't have the lines and the figure of a dancer, but her little body generally performed all of the moves with skill, speed, strength and agility. Whatever dance was thrown at her, except for the early dances that require a degree of emotion, she danced all of them well.
    Ali watched Shawn, and since Shawn did it, Ali maybe thought it would be equally as easy for her as well.
    Ever since I started a regular and strenuous workout program I hardly ever pay any attention to what the stars say during rehearsals. I know now how tired one can get and sometimes how frustrated and just plain cranky.

I sure wouldn't want anyone recording me after a weightlifting session whining (sometimes to the point of tears) about how "heavy those weights are." It's how I feel at the moment, as I think it is for the stars during rehearsals too.

The feeling of achievement comes later.

BTW I do my workouts in the privacy of my own home for just that reason.

Mark injured his back earlier this week; Henry may dance in his place on Monday:

Mark Ballas' 'DWTS' journal: Sidelined!
    A lower back injury kept Mark out of rehearsals for this week's salsa. He has returned over the weekend to rehearse, but it might be too late for Monday. 'DWTS' airs Monday, 8 ET/PT, on ABC.

Mark Ballas, Special for USA TODAY9:17 a.m. EDT April 28, 2013

Sorry for the lateness of the blog but this week has been a bit of a tough one due to a lower back injury I sustained at the beginning of the week.

While trying a lift, I compressed two discs in my lower back and could hardly move for two days. The timing couldn't be worse, being that we have to know four dances this week even though we will only be performing two.

I am writing this blog in rehearsal, on Saturday, right now, as I have been sidelined for most of the week. Luckily Henry Byalikov has stepped in, and may possibly dance for me on Monday if I can't compete.

He has really been a great help and godsend this week, so to him I am grateful.

Good news is, I got my MRI results back and there is no damage to my spine or nerves, and the pain I am enduring is only muscular. The muscles are spasming and will take a few days (or weeks) to calm down. So there is still hope that I will dance.

Our solo dance is salsa this week. We have a great song and theme so I'm super bummed to be hurt. It's Latin night Monday, so everyone will be taking on sexy Latin dances and it promises to be a fun and entertaining night.

I'm really hoping to be out there shaking it with Aly on Monday night so send me your good vibes y'all..

And another reminder about my show this Monday if you're in the L.A. area, on Monday night, come down to the best music club in town, the Sayers Club on Hollywood and Wilcox at 11 p.m., and come see me play a full 8-piece band set. Last week was more jamming than the week before and we'll blow you away this week, and I would love to see you there.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sorry to read that about Mark. I hope he gets well enough to compete. He has really done well with Aly this season.
    ilja likes this.

Well, as we now know Mark did dance, but I think he should have taken the night off as he was not able to do the after show interviews. I think what TPTB are doing is just ridiculous and the types of things they are asking of these celebs are too much. Four dances to learn or brush up on are asking a lot. Mark hurt his back and Jacoby was limping and ended up spending a day icing his knee that he just had surgery on.

Aly seems to be relaxing more and enjoying herself. I personally think her dance had to many shimmys in it, and did not like that crawl type move part of the dance. Something about Mark's choreography this season seemed familiar to me and read on another site that if you take a look a some of the choreograph he did during Bristol's season you will see the same type of numbers. I did just that and sure enough.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm sorry that Mark hurt his back, but I noticed when he was talking to the dr., Mark had a hospital gown on OVER his clothes. How weird was that? However, you could definitely tell that he was hurting after the dance.

Also, I was annoyed that they chose Andy for their Dance Off - I think it was poor sportsmanship choosing the lowest ranked couple.
    Florimel likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I'm sorry that Mark hurt his back, but I noticed when he was talking to the dr., Mark had a hospital gown on OVER his clothes. How weird was that? However, you could definitely tell that he was hurting after the dance.

Also, I was annoyed that they chose Andy for their Dance Off - I think it was poor sportsmanship choosing the lowest ranked couple.
    I figured it was just underwear under his gown. Maybe I wasn't just pay enough attention, but thats what I thought.

And it was discovered that the dance off's were pre decided based on the dances the couples wanted to dance. Andy wanted to do Chacha so they chose him so they could do chacha. Jacoby and Zen wanted Jive thats why they chose each other to dance off against and sean and ingo wanted rhumba. It actually had nothing to do with who they thought/knew the could win against.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I figured it was just underwear under his gown. Maybe I wasn't just pay enough attention, but thats what I thought.

And it was discovered that the dance off's were pre decided based on the dances the couples wanted to dance. Andy wanted to do Chacha so they chose him so they could do chacha. Jacoby and Zen wanted Jive thats why they chose each other to dance off against and sean and ingo wanted rhumba. It actually had nothing to do with who they thought/knew the could win against.
    Poor Mark, now everyone is hating on for him choosing Andy, & it didn't help that Val said we will pick on someone our own size .Like Val didn't know they were doing a jive they had practised ( bah) stupid show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post

Discovered? How? By whom? When?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Discovered? How? By whom? When?
    For one if you noticed before the dances and dance off pairs were even "picked" Zendaya already had on her jive shoes. And Aly had on her Cha Cha dress. Ingo and Sean looked costumed for rhumba as well.
    But also in the post show interviews several of the pros and celebs mentioned how they decided it in advance because most couples had certain dances they preferred and it worked out well because it was pretty much 2 of them wanted cha cha and two wanted jive and two wanted rhumba. Also a few of the pros and celebs tweeted about it after as well. Sharna tweeted aly and mark thanking them for picking them first because they wanted first pick to pick cha cha.

As for Vals comments I think he just did that for drama. He knew how the pairings were going to come down before hand and just used that as an opportunity to try to make himself and Zendaya look good since they would be going against a higher scoring couple than Aly and Mark. I really didn't like Val last season, but this season he hasn't bothered me too much--mainly because I believe he is happy he finally got a good partner. But he is definitely starting to rub me the wrong way again.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast