+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Re: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Considering she can't elicit even 3 pages of comments on FORT, I'm not sure she has a large enough fanbase to stay very long.

FORT Fan

Does anyone here think that she has a big gymnastics/Olympics fanbase? I'm not that interested in gymnastics but I know a lot of people are and I am wondering if that might carry her for a few weeks until she relaxes into her stride.

FORT Regular

I hope so! I really like her.
    Plus last season Shawn didn't have very many comments on this forum and she made it to the finale, so hopefully the same will be true for Aly.

Also if you look at twitter...Zendaya is the most followers by far with just over 2 million. Kellie Pickler is 2nd with over 700,000 and then Aly, Lisa, and Sean have around 1/2 a million followers. The rest have much less.
    Last edited by alex2155; 03-30-2013 at 02:59 PM.

FORT Fan

Alex: thanks for all the info. I hope Aly can get some support since I would like to see what she can do after they stop giving her old lady costumes and painting her like a you-know-what. Whoever is doing tht seems to have a "Thing" against fresh-faced youthful-bodied young women. We've seen it on DWTS before.

Go Aly!! Show us what you're really made of and be yourself.

I think she really tried hard last night .I liked her dress. She has a very ( very) muscled body. It's stocky - not thin and stick like. Any dress tends to not drape well on it. When she does smile she lights up the room well done Aly, well done!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FM . . .

I agree about her body type/shape.

But even with that, the costumers SHOULD be able to take that into account and do better by her than they have been.

Even among the males, there are differing body types, and most of THEM look really good when they take the floor, usually.

Sure, she can't rock the same stuff that Z or Kellie can, but there are ways of dressing her that would amp her up a few notches in the costume area, I believe.

Just sayin'.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    FM . . .

I agree about her body type/shape.

But even with that, the costumers SHOULD be able to take that into account and do better by her than they have been.

Even among the males, there are differing body types, and most of THEM look really good when they take the floor, usually.

Sure, she can't rock the same stuff that Z or Kellie can, but there are ways of dressing her that would amp her up a few notches in the costume area, I believe.

Just sayin'.
    I liked the dress last night.I liked the way it fit around her bust-line. The men can get away with opening a shirt, its a bit different for a girl who has more muscle than say Andy Dick.

I enjoyed them last night, very much.I watched it again, because I record as I watch, and yup she is definitely opening up, she has some very pretty lines
    -Andy Rooney-

The way she talked about all the counting you do with the dances makes me wonder how they do it so effortlessly. I like her. Her background is evident in her dance though.

I think she finds it harder than she thought she would.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she finds it harder than she thought she would.
    Maybe that is because except for the emoting, for all practical purposes it was easy for Shawn? We didn't hear Shawn complain about such things as counting. She was like this little wind up toy that I have seen on the center aisle in the stores at Christmas - just wind her up, and let her go. She didn't have the lines and the figure of a dancer, but her little body generally performed all of the moves with skill, speed, strength and agility. Whatever dance was thrown at her, except for the early dances that require a degree of emotion, she danced all of them well.
    Ali watched Shawn, and since Shawn did it, Ali maybe thought it would be equally as easy for her as well.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast