+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Re: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL! see I know ya ness
    YEAH, ya DO!!!!!!!!!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Dang. I like her, but I can't stand him. And if an Olympian is going to go far this season, I'd prefer it to be Dorothy Hamill. Besides, we just had a season with a perky little gymnast in the finals.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know, there are only two of us that like him( and one is scared to post) But heck, who is everyone going to hate if he goes?
    Derek Hough?
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Derek Hough?
    Derek has many fans, even on this forum
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

I'm actually super surprised to read the dislike for Mark and Derek. Those two dancers are my favorite male pros. I know a few other people who like Mark and Derek the best as well!
    They are both so talented and have great choreography. Derek especially is so innovative!
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

I think a lot of people dislike Mark more than they dislike Derek. People acknowledge Derek's talent, but maybe resent his repeated successes and his luck getting really good partners. I don't feel this way myself, I'm happy watching Derek because he's twice the choreographer of anyone else there, and he doesn't forget to make his partners look good too.

But Mark just gets on my last nerve. He choreographs around his partners instead of for them. He constantly introduces contemporary, mime and breakdancing inappropriately into his routines. He gives himself flattering solos while his partners stand around waving their arms. And his new look with the shaved head and scriffy face makes him look like a junior thug. He comes off as a real jerk sometimes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I'm actually super surprised to read the dislike for Mark and Derek. Those two dancers are my favorite male pros. I know a few other people who like Mark and Derek the best as well!
    They are both so talented and have great choreography. Derek especially is so innovative!
    Mark is more disliked on this forum than others. But he can dance, he was very good to a friend of ours that is very ill. They saw him in Vegas, and without too much detail, he went out of his way to make sure she was happy - very happy

Anyway, Aly and Mark should do well

I like his hair, now its no longer shaved
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If it's true that the pros pick the costumes, then someone needs to take over that duty from Mark. What were they thinking putting all that huge fringe on the front of her dress? It made her look like a fire hydrant.

I want to root for her but, you know.....Mark
    MFWalkoff and Alexxxx like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I've mellowed a bit towards Mark - I don't know if it's because he has hair again or what. I thought he did well this first dance, but I thought Aly was going to pop out of the top of her costume.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I've mellowed a bit towards Mark - I don't know if it's because he has hair again or what. I thought he did well this first dance, but I thought Aly was going to pop out of the top of her costume.
    I have never minded Mark at all and think he is great at both choreograph and dancing. I do like his hair longer, rather than the short hair he has had, and agree he did well his first week with Aly. I thought she was a bit stiff, but it could be nerves and I agree with all about her costume - definitely the wrong choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast