+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Season 16

Andy did a good job but he got forgiven a lot for his technique because the choreography was entertaining and unexpected. He'll need to really work on technique for the next round.

We have seen him yell before( or heard about it) we have seen him cry. Is he going to cry every week, because I find this is getting old .Just dance Andy, just dance like everyone else. I didn't like their dance last night, it was a mess, I changed the channel and when I turned back he was opening his shirt, not a good idea.
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

His attitude and willingness to work hard to recover his damaged image keep drawing me in.

Sharna deserves the DWTS Most Valuable Player Award for working with him. Bet she NEVER thought that being an in-house life raft and shrink for her partner was part of this deal.

But, props and kudos to her, she's handling it well.

I'd like to see him stick around as long as he possibly can to see how he improves, as long as he tries and stays positive.
    Florimel, RBmumsie and Shoepie like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It's always about the fanbase with this show. Andy really has the uphill battle because he has such a bad reputation to try to fix. He's on the right path for sure, but will it be enough to keep him in longer than the other celebs that came in with a larger fanbase to start is the question. He's making a fan out of me, and I was saying earlier that I was hoping he'd be the first to go. I've changed my mind now lol.
    I know nothing about his past though I had heard the name. I really like this guy. I have no problem with him or anyone else breaking down in tears. They run on little sleep and are required to do things with their bodies that are way out of their skill.

Now, there is an exception to my crying allowance. Wynona and her damn drama about the psychology of her life is self serving and arrogant. You are an entertainer who has been on stage most of your life, so stop the poor me crap and smile for the boys and girls.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    His attitude and willingness to work hard to recover his damaged image keep drawing me in.

Sharna deserves the DWTS Most Valuable Player Award for working with him. Bet she NEVER thought that being an in-house life raft and shrink for her partner was part of this deal.

But, props and kudos to her, she's handling it well.

I'd like to see him stick around as long as he possibly can to see how he improves, as long as he tries and stays positive.
    Staying positive is a good thing, crying( again) is not If he is looking for pity votes - he needs another show
    I didn't care for the get up Sharna had on( icky) but she does handle him well imho
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I know nothing about his past though I had heard the name. I really like this guy. I have no problem with him or anyone else breaking down in tears. They run on little sleep and are required to do things with their bodies that are way out of their skill.

Now, there is an exception to my crying allowance. Wynona and her damn drama about the psychology of her life is self serving and arrogant. You are an entertainer who has been on stage most of your life, so stop the poor me crap and smile for the boys and girls.
    Hmm I disagree, if one can cry , they all can. I prefer they don't .If I see them cry- I just change the channel and don't care what they do..its not a very good season this one( for me)
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm I disagree, if one can cry , they all can. I prefer they don't .If I see them cry- I just change the channel and don't care what they do..its not a very good season this one( for me)
    Okay, okaaaaaaaaay, she can cry. But I still don't have to like it, right?

Honestly -I would prefer no crying. Wy wont cry, have you seen how much slap she wears on her face? its like warpaint!
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW, are you the next bachelorette as your avatar says if you are all the way.
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Staying positive is a good thing, crying( again) is not If he is looking for pity votes - he needs another show
    I didn't care for the get up Sharna had on( icky) but she does handle him well imho
    Good points.

I'm kind of on the fence about looking for pity votes, though.

Maybe he is. And IF he is, all we've got to do is wait it out, and HE'LL get himself bounced because people'll get TIRED OF SEEING THAT and send him on his merry way.

I'm going to give it to him that perhaps --- just PERHAPS --- he knows there's SO much on the line that it gets to him and he melts down, then recovers after that to be able to get out on that floor and deliver as best he can.

I mean, buddy had a BAD rep coming on. Matter of fact, when I heard he was on, BEFORE I EVEN SAW ONE DANCE OUT OF HIM, my attitude was: "HIS ASS CAN GO, NOW!". And that wasn't fair of ME, and I'm not proud of that, either.

But his attitude, willingness to work, and straight-up acknowledgement that he's where he is reputation-wise because of HIS own doing have cleaned my clock about prejudging him, and I'm rooting for him.

As long as he holds it in the road, attitude and work-wise.

And as bad as his rep was, if I were in his shoes, I can't honestly say that I wouldn't be in rehearsals each week, crying a river, too.

Sharna's catsuit?

Sucked, big time.

Maybe she put it on as distraction from Andy, since he's still working at getting it together. I mean, I don't think any of us who ever attended a prom in whatever century can say that although we saw some WILD outfits on some of the gals (AND guys) there, we ever saw anyone bust up in a prom in a catsuit.

And even if Sharna'd never known what a prom was, or attended one, herself, she DARN sure would've gotten the 411 this past week on what girls generally wore, and found out that a CATSUIT was nowhere to be found in a prom.

So, I think it's plausible that she decked herself out in a catsuit to draw a lot of attention away from nervous, scared Andy.
    Last edited by ness; 04-02-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread