+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Season 16

I liked him too. I had heard his name and recognized him but not familiar with his history.

After seeing his interview, I guess I'll give him a chance. He does seem truly repentant about his past behaviors. He was a pretty repugnant person while on drugs and alcohol though.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I liked what I saw of him on the show, and his dance. And I hope he can keep it up, in BOTH the attitude and dance areas.

Count me in with the "Andy Dick, Wait and See, Give Him A Chance" crowd.

He DEFINITELY doesn't deserve to be first off, after his dancing on the first show, based on what I saw.

Fair is fair.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    After seeing his interview, I guess I'll give him a chance. He does seem truly repentant about his past behaviors. He was a pretty repugnant person while on drugs and alcohol though.
    I think pretty much ANYONE would be repugnant if they were totally addicted to drugs & alcohol. However, I admit that I have a lot of respect for those who turn their lives around and get straight. Robert Downey Jr., for instance. I'm hoping that Andy can stay the course, he seems like a nice guy.
    ness, mesachick and Jaceegirl like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

He seems so much calmer and less manic now that he's in recovery, but he also seems really fragile, and as a result, he breaks down easily. I suspect he's seen enough people relapse that he's really concerned that it's possible he might too and that weighs on him. After all, serious drug addicts/alcoholics often die of their addictions. That would certainly scare most people.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I liked what I saw of him on the show, and his dance. And I hope he can keep it up, in BOTH the attitude and dance areas.

Count me in with the "Andy Dick, Wait and See, Give Him A Chance" crowd.

He DEFINITELY doesn't deserve to be first off, after his dancing on the first show, based on what I saw.

Fair is fair.
    I don't know this guy from Adam, but my guess would be that he needs all the encouragement he can get. Now if he starts acting like a snot again......

I hope he can keep his life turned around in a good, positive direction as well.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I don't know this guy from Adam, but my guess would be that he needs all the encouragement he can get. Now if he starts acting like a snot again......

I hope he can keep his life turned around in a good, positive direction as well.
    He comes across as so fragile now that I am wary about rooting for him because I'm afraid he's going to crumble under the pressure of doing the show. (If that makes any sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post

Me, too!

And if he starts behaving badly, I'll be one of the first calling him out on his behavior!
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I think pretty much ANYONE would be repugnant if they were totally addicted to drugs & alcohol. However, I admit that I have a lot of respect for those who turn their lives around and get straight. Robert Downey Jr., for instance. I'm hoping that Andy can stay the course, he seems like a nice guy.
    I was not familiar with him before, but heard about his background so was not expecting much. I have to say that I was very surprised and felt his performance was so heart warming that I only wish the best for him. I think he has the perfect partner in Sharma. I watched a bunch of post show interviews, and he credits Sharma so much. He came across as such a nice guy and I think being on the show is therapy for him. I wish him the best and hope he gets to stay. During one of the interviews the guy who was interviewing both Andy and Sharma said the press room clapped and cheered the most for him. I think he has quite a few people rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Me, too!

And if he starts behaving badly, I'll be one of the first calling him out on his behavior!
    Yes, I will as well .I don't know if he shouted at his partner( or yelled as was in another link I saw) but lets hope this doesn't get to him.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread