+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

D.L. Hughley
    Season 16

Pro: Cheryl Burke

D.L Hughley, one of the most popular and highly recognized standup comedians on the road today has also made quite an impression in the television, film and radio arenas.

First and foremost a standup comedian, his fifth stand-up special Reset premiered on Showtime in 2012 and is currently available on DVD. Hughley can also be seen in the comedic documentary special for Comedy Central titled D.L. Hughley: The Endangered List. Known for being astute and politically savvy, Hughley served as host of the late night talk show D.L. Hughley Breaks the News on CNN. He was both star and producer of his namesake television show that ran on ABC and UPN The Hughleys. He is one of the standout comedians of the hit comedy docu-film The Original Kings of Comedy.

A veteran of numerous talk show appearances, Hughley switched the tables in 2005, hosting his own talk show Weekends at the DL on Comedy Central. In addition, Hughley has headlined several comedy specials including D.L. Hughley: Going Home, D.L. Hughley Live, Shocked & Appalled and the recent Unapologetic.

Meet the Cast - Dancing With The Stars 16 at ABC.com

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

I'm looking forward to seeing what these two come up with. Should be fun.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

DL is one of my favourite comedians so I'm liking forward to seeing how he'll do in this show.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I DO like DL, and I like Cheryl, so here's hoping they do well!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I love D.L, but have to admit I'm bored by Cheryl. However, he seems like one of the partners where I might actually enjoy her. So I guess there's 5 couples I'm looking forward to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poooor DL, and Poooor Cheryl. I was shocked at DL's performance last night; guess I was expecting a little more. I hate it when a guy can't dance. I've loved dancing all my life, especially partner dancing. My grandfather took me to my first formal/long dress/tuxedo dance (Christmas) when I was 16!

I always had that Cinderella fantasy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

DL.

Whoah.

I felt his nerves coming through the screen, but whoah.

Maybe after this first go-round, he's gotten the butterflies under control.

But, unless he finds some rhythm from SOMEwhere, quick, fast and in a hurry, his cookies are baked.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

OMG, did D.L. go to the Kate Gosselin School of Dance?! I thought I was watching the male version of Kate, except with a slightly better attitude. Did he just not practice enough, or was that the best he can do? I feel bad for Cheryl.

FORT Fan

Poor guy. He looks like he went to the Mark Cuban School of Dance. (I love Mark and watch him all the time on "Shark Tank" and he has often admitted there that he couldn't dance before DWTS and couldn't dance afterwards. And then he laughs at himself.)

Poor DL looked like he couldn't even hear the music much less feel it. I always feel sorry for anyone with nerves like that having done some performing I know exactly what that feels like. I hope it was mostly nerves for DL but from the rehearsal footage I fear not. Too bad. I love him as a comedian. At the least this will give him some new material for his act.

I've always loved Cheryl, but I don't think even she can make a dancer out of DL. Based solely on this performance, I can see him being first out. Of course, we still have one more dance before anyone is gone, so maybe he'll do better next Monday.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast