+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

FORT Fan

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Can anyone explain either of these two things for me?

1--why were they up on that pedastal where every move he made/didn't make was much more visible than if they'd danced on the floor?

2--why are the judges so very mean to him, so much more so than to anyone else on this show or indeed in recent memory?

Agree Orion! They are sooo harsh to him!

He knows he isn't good, we know he isn't good, but they are just ruthless when it comes to him!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I agree, the judges are mean to him! Used to be there were just happy seeing them work hard and improve little by little each week. *sigh*
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I get the feeling that he has said things to the judges off screen for them to be acting the way they are toward him on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I get the feeling that he has said things to the judges off screen for them to be acting the way they are toward him on screen.
    Or maybe they didn't see any improvement.I sure didn't
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

It almost seems like the judges are trying to be "insult comedians" just because DL is a stand up comic.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I dont think thats it at all They are in agreement he just isn't very good, and he doesn't look like he is trying. End of
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't know . Could be ilja.I found it uncomfortable last night. The judges have hidden any disdain for a competitor before, but with DL, something bigger is going down.
    Unless they know he isn't trying and they can hopefully pull a huge dance person out of all this...something is just odd.My guess he has said something to them- but what?
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

D.L. IS trying. That much is evident just by his frustration with himself for having such difficulty learning the dances. He does want to be there and he DOES want to get better at it. And frankly I am disappointed in the judges for giving him such a hard time. I could see if he was showing a complete disregard for the competition like Master P's abysmal showing some years ago. He flat out didn't care to get better. On the other hand D.L. clearly wants to improve. For them to be railing on him while its yet so early in the completion is ridiculous. He's sure trying a hell of a lot harder than Wynonna, who's basically phoning in her performances every week, clomping around the dance floor like she's wearing concrete shoes.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    D.L. IS trying. That much is evident just by his frustration with himself for having such difficulty learning the dances. He does want to be there and he DOES want to get better at it. And frankly I am disappointed in the judges for giving him such a hard time. I could see if he was showing a complete disregard for the competition like Master P's abysmal showing some years ago. He flat out didn't care to get better. On the other hand D.L. clearly wants to improve. For them to be railing on him while its yet so early in the completion is ridiculous. He's sure trying a hell of a lot harder than Wynonna, who's basically phoning in her performances every week, clomping around the dance floor like she's wearing concrete shoes.
    I get that. But something between the Judges and him went down imho. Unless it tough love and they want him to do far better than he even thinks he can. He tries, but he's got more in him BSL.I truly believe that
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread