+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

I thought his joke at the end Whitney /Bobbi. was not funny. Cheryl didn't like it. either. I would like to help pack his case when he goes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

That's strange, because Cheryl and DL were joking on Twitter about the Bobby and Whitney after the show was over. Really, the way this show gets edited the producers really want to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    That's strange, because Cheryl and DL were joking on Twitter about the Bobby and Whitney after the show was over. Really, the way this show gets edited the producers really want to get rid of him.
    She looked away, and rolled her eyes. That wasn't editing. If they did do that on twitter, poor taste imho, or maybe they know he is gone tonight?

He doesn't need help from the producers, he's not good
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

He's just as good as Victor or Wynonna in terms of dancing, he just gets the poor scores.
    BTW likes this.

I disagree. I think he was pretty bad, his dancing, his attitude and his jokes But, he has fans, so who knows?
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Ha, at least DL danced the Quickstep at Tempo, Winonna not so much.
    BTW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think DL is more embarrassed than anything else.....in addition to his lack of dance-ability. When people get very embarrassed, I think that can lead to anger and "attitude". I have no idea why he agreed to do this show. I'm sure he knew, from many years back, that dancing was not in his wheelhouse. Why put yoursellf in a very uncomfortable position? I know I sure wouldn't.

One of my favorite saying is, "I am not in denial about WHO I am."

I don't feel I have anything to prove to anybody!
    shay, I do believe I'm picking up what you're putting down . . .

Before I say any more, let me just make sure I'm clear that as far as I'm concerned, DL --- lack of dance-ability (Thanks! to whoever it was I stole that from! LOL!) notwithstanding --- can go RIGHT NOW.

The OTHER side of that coin is that I see and understand CLEARLY what shay is saying.

SURE DL was embarrassed. Was it Tom who said something to the effect of this was the first time in YEARS we'd seen the "4" paddles, and DL was responsible for that happening Monday night?

Buddy had no place to run. No place to hide. Tom --- joke that it was supposed to be, and funny as it, indeed was --- spoke the truth and out-funnied The Funnyman.

And not only was DL embarrassed, he was also angry.

Angry at HIMSELF, for not having practiced as he should've. Sure, he's got NO rhythm to speak of and we ALL know that. But still, things might've turned out differently, had he PRACTICED as he should've. Which, IIRC that I read on this board, he actually ADMITTED that he hadn't.

I STILL want him to GO. But I'll also cut him another slight break today in that I can understand that when people in particular are embarrassed and angry at themselves, they'll sometimes have a tendency to lash out at those in their immediate orbit to get that internal disappointment they feel in THEMSELVES, out. He needed to vent his rage at doing SO very badly, and he did so inappropriately.

And when Cheryl came back after walking out (justifiably so) and appeared to take blame for the situation on herself, she DID prove herself to be the bigger, better person. DL is no fool; he knew that, and in his way, not being overly dramatic or obvious about it, tried to say he was sorry to her, too.

OK, I cut him a slight break for that, at first, last night.

So, I GET it.

Still want him gone, though.

We'll see what happens tonight.
    Last edited by ness; 03-26-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

His man-pride was deeply scratched. Yuo know guys can be easily hurt, but really can act foolish when trying to cover it up.
    ness and ilja like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He's in a business where you get criticized constantly. He should be used to it by now. that tantrum was really childish and I hated that he took it out on poor Cheryl. I won't miss him.
    Florimel and ness like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

At his stage of the game, as a comedian, I doubt he gets any real criticism from a real source that really matters anymore. He is rather proven.

New guys are a different thing, I think
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread