+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

I thought Cherly looked terrible. I don't know if that was a wig, I hope so. Seeing It again, she looked like Cher when Cher was 18.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Cherly looked terrible. I don't know if that was a wig, I hope so. Seeing It again, she looked like Cher when Cher was 18.
    Glad I'm not the ONLY person that noticed that, 'cause it looked to me like she was channeling Cher from the 60s, too!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

It looked to me like DL actually forgot the steps or something. Here's hoping that they do better next week.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Glad I'm not the ONLY person that noticed that, 'cause it looked to me like she was channeling Cher from the 60s, too!
    Great minds and all that

Well she is normally pretty good, so good luck with DL!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    It looked to me like DL actually forgot the steps or something. Here's hoping that they do better next week.
    I totally agree, while I'm not holding my breath on him doing better next week. I just don't see it in him....he doesn't feel it; not everybody does. I can't imagine that he could be any worse, though....but never say "Never"! And this is coming from a DL fan.

Bless his little heart.
    bee stung lips and Jaceegirl like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just LOVE DL.

Having said that, to me and my uneducated ballroom self . . .

He moves VERY stiffly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY - HAS NO RHYTHM!

I don't know if rhythm is something that can be taught, or not.

But, I CAN tell you that I know one or two professional instrumental musicians.

Rhythym? When they're playing (bass and drums), sure, all day long.

Try to get 'em on a dance floor, and both will make another door in a room if they have to to get away from you.

Why?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO RHYTHM WHEN THEY TRY TO DANCE! I'm NOT kidding! It's the damndest thing I've ever seen in my LIFE! And it's NO JOKE, either! They can play instruments fantastically well, but have NO rhythm to be able to dance!

And I don't think/know if dancing rhythm (?) can be taught.

I SURE do hope DL loosens up and finds some rhythm from SOMEWHERE before next week.

I SURE do hope his horrible debut just was mostly due to nerves.

I like the guy and would like to see him stick around.

But if that's the best he can manage, well, I think it's only right that he --- AND we --- be put our of our collective misery as quickly as possible.

That would be the humane thing to do, I think.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I think if people watch it back, it really isn't as bad as you think. he readily admits he didn't practice and it shows. I am willing to give him another chance. Ty Murray had a terrible cha cha and then he came back with a lovely Qickstep

Oh, I LIKE DL!

And, like Ty, I'm DEFINITELY ready to give him another chance (and yep, Ty wound up stealing my heart when he was on!).

Yeah, the not practicing showed, but, to me, at least, the lack of rhythm clearly showed, too.

Dunno, maybe the two are tied in together?

Still and all, I hope he can GET it together, because I DO like him and wouldn't mind seeing more of him!

ness, my dad is a self-taught drummer...been playing since he was 8 years old...he can pick up a beat upon instantly hearing a song and drum away...but ask that man to get on the dance floor and OMG embarrassing!!! So, I def know what you're talking about!

I really like DL too, but I saw what ness saw, which was a lack of rhythm! When I watched it a second time, it wasn't as bad as I initially thought, but it was like he just never caught the beat!

Maybe it was because he forgot his steps or something...idk....I'd love to see him come back with an amazing quickstep, but I doubt it...

Which is a shame, because I had really high hopes for him because I really, really like him!

Guess we will see Monday! Hope he brings it because like I said, I'd love to see him come back strong.
    ness likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fan

It's a double-edged sword isn't it?
    We love seeing favorite performers on DWTS and we hate seeing them do poorly.

I have my fingers crossed for DL.

+ Reply to Thread