+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    He is in the movie Kings of Comedy.
    He used to be a regular on BET Comic View back in the day too, along with Bernie Mac, Cedric the Entertainer, Bruce Bruce et al.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I can't understand blaming Cheryl's choreography for DL's shortcomings. She can only work with what she's given. She's got her hands full with him and his lack of skills/ability. I am a DL fan, but the man can't MOVE!
    True he is so stiff, but he is listening to her and trying to get more musicality. He's got the Foxtrot next, and I think he's going to improve even more. If he gets that butt tucked under I think he can do a decent job of the Standard dances. The latin dances definitely are a huge challenge.

It doesn't matter what he has done professionally. Len shouldn't be that rude to anyone, period. I am going to throw all my votes his way from now on just to spite Len the Hen. LOL
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

On the plus side: If they get an Argentine Tango, Cheryl has had a lot of success with that dance.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

DL told NBC he's not a quitter, so I expect to see him for at least another week, possibly more if ABC fans the flames. And who knows, he could wind up vastly improved over week 1.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I do not think Len is a bully by any means. I think he reacts more when he sees a contestant he thinks is not trying hard enough to learn. Of all three judges, he is my favorite because he knows what he's talking about, unlike Carrie Ann.

I did not know who DL was before the show and since I love Cheryl, I was hoping he'd be a little better. She's been able to bring out the best in all her partners, weak or strong, and she knows how to choreograph to play up their strengths and mask their weaknesses, but she has to have something to work with and I don't think she has here.

I know nothing about DL's comedy style. Is he an unkind comic like Kathy Griffin or Joan Rivers? If so, then he should know how to take it as well as give it out. If not, then he should still be accustomed to the harsh criticism stand-up comics have always received from critics, who either love them or hate them. I'm simply not enjoying watching him on DWTS.
    I really like Len as well.He is the only judge I listen to, and he's the only one that for me - speaks the truth. He so often says what I am thinking.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Len seems to be the Simon Cowell of DWTS.....and I will admit that I DO miss Simon.

I've not been paying a lot of attention to the judges this season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Len seems to be the Simon Cowell of DWTS.....and I will admit that I DO miss Simon.

I've not been paying a lot of attention to the judges this season.
    Yeah, shay, I've always read/clocked Len as the resident curmudgeon/SC of DWTS, too.

But at some point, pithy comments given in a vitriolic, hurtful manner --- AND THAT ARE USUALLY SPECIFICALLY DIRECTED TOWARD ONE INDIVIDUAL, when there are others whose negative commentary comes out in a gentler, more PC way from the SAME person --- gets BEYOND old.

I haven't watched AI in YEARS --- LONG since before Simon left --- so I can't honestly say I miss him.
    bee stung lips and mesachick like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I think that may be more hours than some others are putting in each day.
    I don't kow about this week, but so far Andy has clocked the most hours and DL the least. Maybe he is so mad at Len that he has decided to put in more hours - just a thought.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I don't kow about this week, but so far Andy has clocked the most hours and DL the least. Maybe he is so mad at Len that he has decided to put in more hours - just a thought.
    Jaycee: thanks for that info. Where did you find the number of rehearsal hours for each contestant? That's interesting info.
    fireflyer and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread