+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

I don't think the judges are getting on to D.L. just to be mean. They're there to score the contestants and give them feedback on how they can improve. It doesn't help the celebrities improve if the judges give them a pat on the back each week just for showing up. The criticism might be hurtful to the celebrity but the judges are also as open and honest in praising celebrities when they do show improvement.

D.L. has a lot to work on. If he keeps practicing and still isn't getting better, at least when he finally does get eliminated he can hold his head up, knowing he did the best he could. He and his fans shouldn't hold it against the judges if he's not the best of the celebrity dancers, despite his efforts.

FORT Fogey

Oh, I'll definitely hold it against the judges if they get away with bullying a person with impunity. That's not fair.
    fireflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't think the judges are getting on to D.L. just to be mean. They're there to score the contestants and give them feedback on how they can improve. It doesn't help the celebrities improve if the judges give them a pat on the back each week just for showing up. The criticism might be hurtful to the celebrity but the judges are also as open and honest in praising celebrities when they do show improvement.

D.L. has a lot to work on. If he keeps practicing and still isn't getting better, at least when he finally does get eliminated he can hold his head up, knowing he did the best he could. He and his fans shouldn't hold it against the judges if he's not the best of the celebrity dancers, despite his efforts.
    Which is pretty much what Tony said. I agree with you 100%
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

It is fine for judges to be critical, but it doesn't do one bit of good for the guy to get told he's no good and give him nothing constructive to work on. They gave the guy nothing. They knew Dorothy wasn't good with her injury but did they act like that with her? Not on your life. If anything they encouraged her.

Len did the same with Mario the singer and Kyle
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Well if Len keeps doing it, DL will be staying. Constructive criticism, maybe a word or two of encouragement isn't a dirty word.
    fireflyer and bee stung lips like this.

I felt for the guy he almost looked like he was ready to cry lastnight. It made me feel really uncomfortable for him and thats just sad
    Alexxxx likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I felt for the guy he almost looked like he was ready to cry lastnight. It made me feel really uncomfortable for him and thats just sad
    That's how I felt too, which is why I also saw Len as bullying last night with his comments. Len was being an ass. DL won't quit, he's been through much worse crap in his life at the hands of other people, but dang I almost wouldn't blame him if he did. No one works well under the kind of environment that Len is providing.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fan

I think they're going over the top with the insults and I don't know why. It reminds me of bullies who are really good at figuring out what bothers someone and then as soon as they get a reaction from the person they continue hitting that same point over and over again just to see the negative and pained reaction.

I really had hoped that Len and the others were above that kind of thing. It's getting very painful to watch.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I agree with what you are saying regarding what the judges should be doing and offering constructive criticism to each contestant so they can improve. The only thing is that I don't think they are always honest IMO. I think they know a lot more about things then they are letting on. I saw an interview done with one of the pros where it was said that each judge has a tv monitor in their dressing room and have the ability to watch dress rehearsals. Sometimes the comments made are made from the dress rehearsal which is where I don't think honesty always comes into play. Sometimes things go very wrong in a dress rehearsal or even the opposite where a dress rehearsal goes extremely well and the actual show not as good. They are suppose to be judging on that night's performance.

They also are aware of how much each celeb puts in for practice hours. Just a guess here, but possibly they are being harder on DL because he is not putting in as much time as they think he should. Also, drama relates to ratings and bottom line that is what they look for the most. I know we don't all see the same commercials as I read on here about Cheryl being on a Depends commercial during the performance night and I didn't have it in my area. On the other hand I did see a little package on DL when they were advertising the show itself. It was a bit more about the drama and DL saying something about wanting to stay and the bully business. Don't remember the exact thing, but when I saw it I wondered if that had a bit more to do with it.

I don't think it is right to be a bully at all, but constructive criticism should be done for all celebs because nobody is perfect. Even if they perform a near perfect dance I am sure that at least something could be commented on. IMO I do see some favoritism on each season, not just this one.

Back to DL they did give him slightly higher scores this week as he got 16 while Wynonna received 15. For me it was a toss up as to who went home between DL and Wynnona as I didn't think either of them improved. IMO I liked Andy better because talk about a guy who is trying it would be him and he logs in the most practice hours.

+ Reply to Thread