+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

Absolutely lovely. And, so gracious. Plus, yummy Tristan? Excellent!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

The odds right now have Dorothy in 5th after Zen, Aly, Kellie and Jacoby. These are the top 5, IMHO but I think Dorothy danced better than Aly and Jacoby last evening, so I would place her 2nd or 3rd, and if fans are voting like I think they maybe, then Dorothy is the sentimental favorite. ost all who post about her want her to stay.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    The odds right now have Dorothy in 5th after Zen, Aly, Kellie and Jacoby. These are the top 5, IMHO but I think Dorothy danced better than Aly and Jacoby last evening, so I would place her 2nd or 3rd, and if fans are voting like I think they maybe, then Dorothy is the sentimental favorite. ost all who post about her want her to stay.
    Early days yet.That could all change, it has before
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Early days yet.That could all change, it has before
    I love her but next Monday she dances Jive. And who else has Jive? 16 year old Zendaya, 26 year old Kellie, and two men in their 20's, Victor and Sean. Granted, I think those two men are very weak, dance wise, but I have a feeling they intentionally set Dorothy up to be compared with the two young women, and I'm not too pleased. She appears to be very fit. Hopefully she'll be great and it'll be a moot point. Once past Jive, I don't think the others would challenge her too much, re fitness, but some people can do Latin grinding-into-the-floor movement and some can't, even with amazing grace and balletic skills. Come on, Dorothy, you can do it!
    Last edited by Elsa66; 03-21-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    ilja likes this.
    There is no such thing as a person that nothing has happened to, and each person's story is as different as his fingertips.
    Elsa Lanchester

Actually Kellie has Jazz, so Dorothy will be compared to Zendaya, Sean and Victor. I wouldn't count Dorothy out.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 03-21-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks, English Cadbury! That makes me feel better!
    There is no such thing as a person that nothing has happened to, and each person's story is as different as his fingertips.
    Elsa Lanchester

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Absolutely lovely. And, so gracious. Plus, yummy Tristan? Excellent!
    What a doll! She is so humble, and that story just pulled at my heart. Of course, Tristan is always likeable regardless of his partner, but even though he ended up with another older partner, Dorothy will probably do nothing but help Tristan's image greatly.

Physically, she seemed so tentative. I don't doubt her skills; I am just hoping that she can gain some strength along the way, and that it reflects in her dancing so that her dancing appears somewhat as powerful as her skating. Her grace and elegance are beautiful.

FORT Fan

They mentioned that she was having balance problems. I think the judges meant her body was not in the proper alignment because as a skater she is used to leaning and pushing forward for movement on the ice. We could see that problem in the videos of their rehearsals, how her body was always forward and that's why she was falling a lot.

I think once her body understands that it doesn't have to do that, her alignment/balance will improve significantly. She's a lifelong athlete so her body is strong and well-trained. I wouldn't count her out on account of her age. Her "real" body age is significantly younger than her chronological years, could be as much as 20 years younger.

FORT Fogey

The Los Angeles Times is having Dorothy guest blog for them while she's on the show. The first installment is available--basically she answers five questions the reporter put to her. She does mention that balance is an issue because it's very different from the way balance/gliding is used in figure skating. She also says that the biggest--and best-- surprise is how collegial everyone is.

Here's my only issue about the skating and balance... Kristi was also an olympic skater, yet she had zero problems with her balance. So I'm not sure how much merit I can put into that argument. I have always loved Dorothy, but she seemed so not confident, it was odd to see. I hope she figures it all out though. I was hoping she'd be on the show for awhile.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread