+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

Re: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

I understand what he says most of the time, but I'm from Southern Louisiana where we all talk fast and gibberish at times! I do agree he could articulate a bit better, but I don't find he speaks that bad!

I don't find him too arrogant...I thought Ocho was arrogant, I even found Jason Taylor a little on the ugh side (that was so long ago I barely remember though!)

I love when someone you least expect just let's loose and truly enjoys the dancing. He isn't scared to go out there and look feminine or goofy, he just wants to give a good performance. I admire and respect that!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fan

I think he has a great sense of humor too. I loved how he mimicked his mom. I'm sure she's used to it.

He really does seem to have a real joy in life and boy that dance last night showed us an entirely different aspect of him.
    OMG! It was gorgeous and so was he. His movements just flowed and the emotion expressed was so touchingly real. I hope they get the encore tonight because he really deserves it.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I enjoy watching Jacoby dance and bringing personality to the show. He's no DD, but he is very good.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I understand what he says most of the time, but I'm from Southern Louisiana where we all talk fast and gibberish at times! I do agree he could articulate a bit better, but I don't find he speaks that bad!

I don't find him too arrogant...I thought Ocho was arrogant, I even found Jason Taylor a little on the ugh side (that was so long ago I barely remember though!)

I love when someone you least expect just let's loose and truly enjoys the dancing. He isn't scared to go out there and look feminine or goofy, he just wants to give a good performance. I admire and respect that!
    Before the Super Bowl I knew nothing about him and then I saw this great interview he did with Jimmy Kimmel right after the Super Bowl and I found him to be a lot of fun and would never have classified him as arrogant or cocky. I remember him talking about his momma then and how she made 150 plates of food for the entire team of her famous gumbo, and several other items. She seems like such a sweetheart herself.

Once he appeared on DWTS I read comments about him coming off cocky or arrogant, but I didn't see that at all. I have watched several interviews since then where he acts like the class clown and all the other pros and celebs just love him and his personality. You are so right he just wants to go out there and give a good performance to entertain everyone.

For me that is exactly what he has done each and every week. The first two weeks he was fun and goofy and this week he was hot and sizzling!!!

Orion Unfortunately, we didn't get him for the Encore, but that was the one I was waiting for as well.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.

I had never heard of Jacoby before the SB and DWTS. I didn't know what to expect. It has been fun watching him the last couple of weeks on the dance floor and agree his last dance was really beautiful. Who would have thought! I don't see him as arrogant, but more as a class clown, which will only go so far with me. He needs to know when to rein it in. If he can do that, I hope he is on the show for a while.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I had never heard of Jacoby before the SB and DWTS. I didn't know what to expect. It has been fun watching him the last couple of weeks on the dance floor and agree his last dance was really beautiful. Who would have thought! I don't see him as arrogant, but more as a class clown, which will only go so far with me. He needs to know when to rein it in. If he can do that, I hope he is on the show for a while.
    Sometimes all that joking around is a cover for an insecurity. I think that now that Jacoby is getting so much positive attention for that gorgeous dance they did the other night he'll realize that he is being taken seriously as a contender because he CAN dance.

Also I think that the joking/clowning is just part of his personality and it will probably always be present in varying degrees. He does take things seriously. Anybody who plays football as well and as beautifully as he does would have to.

I would love to see him in the finals. Assuming he continues to improve that is. And I think in light of Monday's performance he will continue to do his best. I'm sure Karina will "help" him with that.
    RBmumsie, Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    In rehearsals we heard him make the remark that he was going to have to get serious or show his serious side something to that effect, and so I was watching to see if he could pull that off. Sure enough, you couldn't tell from watching that rumba that he is a clown, so he achieved that goal.

Now one other thing to consider is the effect that Hurricane Katrina had on him when he was in college. He has mentioned that a couple of times - how it felt to go back to his hometown, and his school was gone, and it sounded like maybe his home was too. If so, then he knows what it is to go through some traumatic times, and he knows life is not all fun and games.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I will admit that I enjoy his dancing. As far as the comments that he is "arrogant," I think this might be true.

There is a paparazzo named "Henry" who waits to interview the dancers and stars after the shows. I have enjoyed watching his clips because they show the personal side of these people beyond what we are shown on the show's clips.

All the dancers are very friendly to Henry. They speak to him, usually as they are walking and even ask him about himself. Almost every "star" is quite friendly towards him as well. At least thanking him for the nice things he says to them while moving on. The least friendly I've seen recently was that Ingo told him he couldn't talk because he was trying to locate his family.

And then I saw him try to talk to Jacoby (who was with his wife, I guess. Most of the dancers and almost all of the stars going to the afterparty are with someone,) and his wife imperiously said, "No autogarphs! Thank you. Coming through!" And they refused to look or even speak to him at all - even to respond with a "Thanks" when Henry complimented his dance.

Maybe not fair to judge him on that, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I still think he's a good dancer, but he and his entourage certainly gave off an arrogant vibe.
    Last edited by nanarama; 04-04-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    In rehearsals we heard him make the remark that he was going to have to get serious or show his serious side something to that effect, and so I was watching to see if he could pull that off. Sure enough, you couldn't tell from watching that rumba that he is a clown, so he achieved that goal.

Now one other thing to consider is the effect that Hurricane Katrina had on him when he was in college. He has mentioned that a couple of times - how it felt to go back to his hometown, and his school was gone, and it sounded like maybe his home was too. If so, then he knows what it is to go through some traumatic times, and he knows life is not all fun and games.
    I agree that he has shown some seriousness and thank heaven it is with his dancing and, of course, when he talks about Katrina (such a terrible tragedy to so many). What I find distracting is when Brook is asking him questions and he can't seem to answer without some kind of funny face or some unintelligent answer. I guess that is where I find him off-putting sometimes. However, the fella can dance and I love to watch him!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I will admit that I enjoy his dancing. As far as the comments that he is "arrogant," I think this might be true.

There is a paparazzo named "Henry" who waits to interview the dancers and stars after the shows. I have enjoyed watching his clips because they show the personal side of these people beyond what we are shown on the show's clips.

All the dancers are very friendly to Henry. They speak to him, usually as they are walking and even ask him about himself. Almost every "star" is quite friendly towards him as well. At least thanking him for the nice things he says to them while moving on. The least friendly I've seen recently was that Ingo told him he couldn't talk because he was trying to locate his family.

And then I saw him try to talk to Jacoby (who was with his wife, I guess. Most of the dancers and almost all of the stars going to the afterparty are with someone,) and his wife imperiously said, "No autogarphs! Thank you. Coming through!" And they refused to look or even speak to him at all - even to respond with a "Thanks" when Henry complimented his dance.

Maybe not fair to judge him on that, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I still think he's a good dancer, but he and his entourage certainly gave off an arrogant vibe.
    Maybe Jacoby was in a hurry that night to be somewhere else. Maybe his wife had a really crappy day. Who knows. I've certainly had crappy days, I've witnessed other people being unbelievable rude as well. I'd like to attribute it to a bad day. Jacoby has never shown one ounce of arrogance that I've seen.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread