+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

I most definitely want to see Derek challenged with someone in the cast like Wynonna. She is very popular, he is very popular, he is an absolutely fabulous, creative choreographer; however, Wynonna can not dance - she is not a Kirstie. Therefore, it would be an accomplishment on Derek's part to teach Wynonna and to bring her to the point of accomplishment that she deserves to be in the top 2 or 3 and not primarily on popularity on both of their parts.
    If Derek could do that ( or something very similar - and Ricki Lake is not), then I would be satisfied.

It may not be in writing, but I suspect there is some kind of agreement that the talented, charismatic Derek will get a partner with some kind of evident potential. I believe the producers have a way of knowing who has some background and/or inclinations and how. They simply know stuff. This is their financial business, and it behooves them to know.

Ricki lake was out of breath , and not in shape and she said herself she couldn't keep up. She wanted to quit at one point. Can you really see Derek with Wynonna? she would crush him

How is it nobody mentions Val's ringer, is it okay for him to have the hip hop queen this season, and Kelly was no slouch compared to Bristol or Kirstie was she? meh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Poor Tony has been saddled with crappy partner after crappy partner. Melissa was his only really good one.
    He did have Stacy Keibler way back in season 2.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ricki lake was out of breath , and not in shape and she said herself she couldn't keep up. She wanted to quit at one point. Can you really see Derek with Wynonna? she would crush him

How is it nobody mentions Val's ringer, is it okay for him to have the hip hop queen this season, and Kelly was no slouch compared to Bristol or Kirstie was she? meh
    Ricki was out of shape, but she had an earlier theatre dance background that stood her in good stead. Ricki was not the huge, evident ringer that some have been, but she was loaded with potential, and Derek was able to bring that right out fairly quickly.
    I know that physically it is hard on most of them except for the athletes, and we hear lots of them say that they want to quit. So would I!!!

Val did very well with Kelly last season. It seemed to me that she was considered at the beginning of the season to be one of the weaker contenders, especially the returning trophy ball winners. Yes, he did have Kelly, but some of the other pros started out with stronger contenders; Kelly was somewhat of a surprise, in my opinion.

Zendaya is cute, and I think she is a good natural dancer, but I think her long legs are loose. I want to see her in some very controlled dances which I think are going to be harder for her.
    She may have been a surprise, though. Sometimes the Disney dancers connect and take off, and sometimes although they may be techically good, they don't.

Tony's only a few inches taller than Derek and is very slender as well. I don't see the problem It doesn't have to be someone large like Wynonna. Why not someone petite like Shannen Doherty or Holly Madison? Both of them danced like giraffes on roller skates.

Ricki also came to Derek with previous dance experience. Like I said, when he gets to the finale with a partner who has NO dance experience at all, then I'll be a believer. The issue is that Derek has had so-called ringer after so-called ringer. Look at the list of pros with their partners in the thread in this forum and try to find a pro who's had more partners who could have been called ringers. There isn't any other male pro - even Mark - who's had so many partners like that.

I like Kellie fine, don't get me wrong, but I'm not really a Derek fan. There's just something about him that bothers me and it has from the first season he was on the show. I'm rooting for them NOT to win. I hate when the same people win all the time. I want the wealth to be spread around.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

He has only won three times .I think Derek is on there a long time because he is good. Without him the show wouldn't be so interesting imnsho.

Ricki was out of shape, but she had an earlier theatre dance background that stood her in good stead. Ricki was not the huge, evident ringer that some have been, but she was loaded with potential, and Derek was able to bring that right out fairly quickly.
    Something others might not have been able to do.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He has only won three times .I think Derek is on there a long time because he is good. Without him the show wouldn't be so interesting imnsho.

Something others might not have been able to do.
    Agreed on these points....all the way around, Derek is extremely gifted; however, he has yet to be seriously tested or even challenged so that we can see what he can do when the chips are really down!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Agreed on these points....all the way around, Derek is extremely gifted; however, he has yet to be seriously tested or even challenged so that we can see what he can do when the chips are really down!
    I suppose, I just know what this show losers, if he goes. I miss his sister.
    -Andy Rooney-

Kellie is really turning it on! She is such a natural on the dance floor! I like her paired with Derek too. They look really good together. I think they are one of the top couples to beat this season so far.
    NCLurker and Fanny Mare like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Tony's only a few inches taller than Derek and is very slender as well. I don't see the problem It doesn't have to be someone large like Wynonna. Why not someone petite like Shannen Doherty or Holly Madison? Both of them danced like giraffes on roller skates.

Ricki also came to Derek with previous dance experience. Like I said, when he gets to the finale with a partner who has NO dance experience at all, then I'll be a believer. The issue is that Derek has had so-called ringer after so-called ringer. Look at the list of pros with their partners in the thread in this forum and try to find a pro who's had more partners who could have been called ringers. There isn't any other male pro - even Mark - who's had so many partners like that.

I like Kellie fine, don't get me wrong, but I'm not really a Derek fan. There's just something about him that bothers me and it has from the first season he was on the show. I'm rooting for them NOT to win. I hate when the same people win all the time. I want the wealth to be spread around.
    Surprisingly I liked all the jazz routines the best of the night. Loved Jacoby and Karina, Andy and Sharna, as well as Kellie and Derek. I didn't know how jazz was going to turn out and was not expecting much. I found each routine to be different and still not sure what jazz really is because if you take the description that the DWTS site gave for what they would be looking for I would say that Derek and Kellie's was the most different from the description and I read some place that it was considered modern jazz.

As far as Derek and Kellie winning I don't think that is necessarily going to happen for just the reason you mention of wanting to see the wealth spread around. I have read many people who say the same thing that Derek always wins and for that reason alone they will NOT be voting for him. I think Kellie is very talented and as I said I loved the routine, and think both of them will be in the top three of what I have seen so far. I am not sure they will win though. We still have many weeks to go and things can change. I do believe there is a potential for them to NOT win because Derek has won three already. JMO, but I want to see the best dancer win in the end. I know that doesn't always happen because lots of other factors enter into it. One of the biggest being fan base and I heard that Zendaya was trending on Twitter last night. If all those fans of hers vote and Val's fans as well they have just as much of a shot. Yet, I see Zendaya as being the one with the most dance experience.

Also, this is a list of all of Tony's partners from the time he joined the show. I think the majority of these women were very attractive and not sure why they didn't go further than they did. I also don't remember who was in the competition against them for the various seasons. I was under the impression that Kellie took some dance classes in high school, but IMO that doesn't mean she is a ringer. I don't know the previous dance experience of any of these that I have listed as Tony's partners. The worst one for Tony for many reasons turned out to be Kate Gosselin. I guess what I am trying to say is that I believe Kellie turned out having natural talent, but I don't know how the TPTB would know that ahead of time unless they had them all dance ahead of time. Believe me, I understand what you are saying and from what I read others are as well and that may actually work against Kellie and Derek. I guess it's up to the voters.

Stacy Kiebler - professional wrestler finished 3rd
    Sara Evans - country western singer 9th withdrew due to personal reasons
    Leeza Gibbons - Talk Show Host finished 9th
    Marissa Jaret Winokur - Broadway actress finished 4th
    Susan Lucci - Actress of All My Children finished 6th
    Melissa Rycroft finished 3rd - replaced because Liza Gibbons - Talk Show Host received an injury
    Kathy Ireland - Model and entrepreneur finished 14th
    Kate Gosselin - Reality Star finished 8th - (no need for explanation)
    Audrina Patridge - Actress from The Hill finished 7tth

Wendy Williams - Talk Show Host finished 10th
    Chynna Phllips - Singer finished 9th
    Martina Navratilova - Tennis Champion finished 12th
    Melissa Rycroft - Talk Show Host finished 1st
    Wynonna Judd present

+ Reply to Thread