+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    She's a trained dancer, gymnast and cheerleader, so she brings a lot to the table.
    I cant find where she is trained dancer. I even looked on you tube and all I could find was Vals partner, that girl does it all! and such a young age- wow.
    Anyway, back to Kellie, why is everyone saying she has never danced?
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-24-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I must be in the minority, because I hate her hair. The way it was styled for the show last night made her look so old. She looked like Tammy Wynette. Not bad if you're in your late 50's, but not so great if you're 26. Some women can do short hair and it looks cute and young, but Kellie's doesn't. She looked so much better with the jaw-length bob.
    Huh? Hey now! I resemble that remark!

I didn't see the show, but I gather we're talking about a pixie cut...?
    I saw it made famous by a very young Twiggy (yes, I'm in my late 50s), but it continues to show up on women of all ages (Charlize Theron, Sienna Miller, Michelle Williams, Rihanna, Halle Berry, Pink, Natalie Portman, etc., etc., ...) and those girls are gawwwwwwgeous!

To me, it's all about feeling confident in your style and rocking it from within.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

Wendy Williams was horrified at the way they styled Kelly's hair. I missed the episode but she showed it. Oh god! Yes, her hair was a bad do even on a 70 year old and that is exactly what it looked like. Just let it be short, don't try and make if fancy for cryin' out loud. And don't puff it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Wendy Williams was horrified at the way they styled Kelly's hair. I missed the episode but she showed it. Oh god! Yes, her hair was a bad do even on a 70 year old and that is exactly what it looked like. Just let it be short, don't try and make if fancy for cryin' out loud. And don't puff it up!
    Oh. My bad.
    I didn't realize the problem was with the styling, and if I would have read the original comment more closely, I would've seen that.
    Sorry, Critical!

Edited to say: But bad styling doesn't look good on anyone -- even women in their late 50s!
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 03-25-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Please don't flame me, y'all . . .

But, ya know what?

I would much, MUCH rather see Kellie's hair styled the way it was done, than to see her with one of those 10-cent DWTS wigs slapped on in an effort to make her resemble a country Rapunzle, or something.

JMHO.
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant find where she is trained dancer. I even looked on you tube and all I could find was Vals partner, that girl does it all! and such a young age- wow.
    Anyway, back to Kellie, why is everyone saying she has never danced?
    I did find this article when she appeared on the Craig Ferguson show where she refers to taking some dance lessons back while cheerleading in high school, but never ballroom. I also found out she has a python Boots. Not to worry as she won't be bringing him to the show.

Dancing With the Stars 2013: Kellie Pickler Explains Why She Needs the "DWTS Spray Tan" (VIDEO) - Dancing With The Stars

I guess they say she hasn't danced because it wasn't ballroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Please don't flame me, y'all . . .

But, ya know what?

I would much, MUCH rather see Kellie's hair styled the way it was done, than to see her with one of those 10-cent DWTS wigs slapped on in an effort to make her resemble a country Rapunzle, or something.

JMHO.
    Agreed!
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

I know plenty of people who have taken some dance in high school. Heck, I was one of them. That does not necessarily give anyone an edge (really, you have to trust me on that ). Now, if she took from the time she was 3 until she was 16-18, maybe (though that isn't a given either.....just sayin', lot's of parents drop $$ on dance for years and their babies still have no talent), but taking a few years does not necessarily give one a real advantage unless they had loads of natural ability going in.

Ellen loves Kellie Pickler so I am really hoping to see her make an appearance and discuss this whole experience. I am sure she would be very entertaining.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

I loved their dance I know they had the pimp spot, but they went first last week . I think he knows she has an natural ability and he just throws what he has at her and l it turns out to being a really great dance.I watched it twice I enjoyed it. I didn't mind the smoke, I saw her footwork. Fabulous job
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

That dance was much more about her lines than it was about her footwork anyway. The girl has fabulous lines. Last week she showed that her footwork isn't bad either.

I am just so amazed at what we are getting from her. I guess because she can be such a ditz (which is part of why I love her....she acknowledges it) that I didn't have high expectations.

+ Reply to Thread