+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

I'm so impressed with Kellie. Honestly, I think she has a better body than any of the professional dancers.

I must be in the minority, because I hate her hair. The way it was styled for the show last night made her look so old. She looked like Tammy Wynette. Not bad if you're in your late 50's, but not so great if you're 26. Some women can do short hair and it looks cute and young, but Kellie's doesn't. She looked so much better with the jaw-length bob.

I still think she had work done on her face, but obviously she's had some enhancements elsewhere since her days on AI.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I must be in the minority, because I hate her hair. The way it was styled for the show last night made her look so old. She looked like Tammy Wynette. Not bad if you're in your late 50's, but not so great if you're 26. Some women can do short hair and it looks cute and young, but Kellie's doesn't. She looked so much better with the jaw-length bob.

I still think she had work done on her face, but obviously she's had some enhancements elsewhere since her days on AI.
    She was skinny on AI. I don't think she has had an enhancement. I don't care I would love that body for one week
    I adore her hair, not many can wear it that way.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've seen pictures side by side. She had a boob job. No way she just gained weight like that in her chest. I'm not judging, I'm just saying. It also looks like she had lip injections, which NEVER improves the situation. She was prettier before.

I'll disagree and say that Kellie is one of the people who can't wear her hair that way
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh well, each to their own. I thought she looked adorable .I only hope she can keep up with Derek
    Need40winks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not much on her hair either, but I guess she's limited in her options since it's so short. IMO, she looked just like Lori Morgan, singer from the past, also from Nashville, last night. You can't fault her though. She shaved her head to support her good friend that was going through chemo. So,.....I can't fault her. It was for a good cause. She's stuck with it or wearing a wig for now.

To the Point

It's just hair! That is exactly what Kellie said when she was asked about how she felt shaving it for her friend. And yes she did have an "enhancement" sometime after AI. I may be wrong, but I think she was fairly open about it. I believe she was asked at some point and totally owned it, but I could be remembering incorrectly. Can't imagine that she wouldn't be open about it though. I love Kellie. I'm not sure that she really exaggerates her accent. I think it may be more pronounced when she is nervous or excited (which is a whole lot of the time with her ), but there are folks in my family who have an even thicker accent. Trust me, they don't have to pour it on. Now me, on the other hand, I go in and out based on who I'm around and how thick their accent is.
    Need40winks and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    It's just hair! That is exactly what Kellie said when she was asked about how she felt shaving it for her friend. And yes she did have an "enhancement" sometime after AI. I may be wrong, but I think she was fairly open about it. I believe she was asked at some point and totally owned it, but I could be remembering incorrectly. Can't imagine that she wouldn't be open about it though. I love Kellie. I'm not sure that she really exaggerates her accent. I think it may be more pronounced when she is nervous or excited (which is a whole lot of the time with her ), but there are folks in my family who have an even thicker accent. Trust me, they don't have to pour it on. Now me, on the other hand, I go in and out based on who I'm around and how thick their accent is.
    I love Kellie and you are right about her having an "enhancement". She appeared on AI after having it done and that was the first thing you noticed. Ryan Seacrest in his way kidded her about something being different and they homed in on her chest. I read where she said she did indeed have it done.

I think shaving her hair to support her friend who was going to lose all hers was a wonderful thing. I know it's just hair, but having lost my own when I went through chemo is really hard. Very hard to explain because it does grow back, but I had very long hair and it took 3 years for it to grow back. I guess most people would think that is the least of your worries, but I just know how I felt and when I talked to other cancer survivors in my support group we all felt the same way. I was very touched that Kellie supported her friend in that way.

Just wanted to say that I think Kellie is just a natural dancer. I think her and Derek make a great pairing and seemed to have a lot of fun together. I am glad she is on the show.
    echo226, BuckeyeAddict and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    .....edited to save space.... Just wanted to say that I think Kellie is just a natural dancer.
    Yes...I noticed that. Derek somehow often winds up with just that type of partner.

FORT Fogey

She's a trained dancer, gymnast and cheerleader, so she brings a lot to the table.

+ Reply to Thread