+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

I loved them as well. I think they will be in the finals - they deserve to be.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Len did go too far last night, but so did Carrie Ann who does nothing but show her lack of knowledge. None of it was Kellie['s fault, but I think Len was right to call Derek out on what he does. He'd be a great choreographer for So You Think You Can Dance, but he's broken the rules of DWTS for years without consequence.
    He doubled up on Derek because his other whipping boy Maks isn't there.

I think any dispute or error on the pros part should NEVER be taken out on the stars score.

Maybe the pro can get a demerit or a fine of some sort.
    NCLurker likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

I think any dispute or error on the pros part should NEVER be taken out on the stars score.

Maybe the pro can get a demerit or a fine of some sort.
    I get where you're coming from, but I think the judges have to reflect infractions in the scores. It is a team competition: Both the stars and pros are competing for the bragging rights of winning the mirror ball trophy.

In fact, if the judges would do more consistently penalize the pros for not meeting the requirements of the dance, the pros would do it less. As it stands now, pros usually get rewarded by Bruno and Carrie Ann for breaking the rules (except for CA's obsession with inadvertent lifts). If the infraction isn't reflected in the team score, it's really unfair to the other teams who played by the rules.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but I think the judges have to reflect infractions in the scores. It is a team competition: Both the stars and pros are competing for the bragging rights of winning the mirror ball trophy.

In fact, if the judges would do more consistently penalize the pros for not meeting the requirements of the dance, the pros would do it less. As it stands now, pros usually get rewarded by Bruno and Carrie Ann for breaking the rules (except for CA's obsession with inadvertent lifts). If the infraction isn't reflected in the team score, it's really unfair to the other teams who played by the rules.
    The stars do know about the lift ... but CA wasn't consistent with that.
    I understand your line of thought BUT ... the Stars don't necessarily know that their Pro is breaking a rule of a particular dance. If the Pro tells them ... that's a different story.

It would be fair to fine the Pro. The Pros who don't break the rules wouldn't be fined.
    They could note and count the infractions and use them at some point to break a tie ... to have some advantage in the dance picks etc.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kellie and Derek
    Dance 1 (Judges Choice): Quickstep
    Dance 2: Cha Cha Relay
    Dance 3: Freestyle

go Kellie and Derek.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Derek and Kellie's freestyle dance was very impressive! I intentionally didn't watch the other's freestyle dances.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I did watch the full show and Kellie and Derek's dance stuck out like a flower in the desert. While the others used gimmicks and extra dancers, the simplicity of their dance emphasizing lines was indeed impressive, and beautiful.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I just watched Derek's and Kellie's freestyle dance because for me, watching the other's freestyle dances would have marred the beauty of Derek's and Kellie's dance.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I caught my breath during their rehearsal footage when Derek told her he was going to try things he wouldn't try with a Pro Dancer, that he believed in her that much. Then there was the footage of them in the box waiting for scores when he said he didn't decide to do DWTS until the last minute because something told him he had to come back and that something turned out to be Kellie.

I'm on an emotional high of admiration for Derek right now.
    Shoepie and Baby's Breath like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I caught my breath during their rehearsal footage when Derek told her he was going to try things he wouldn't try with a Pro Dancer, that he believed in her that much. Then there was the footage of them in the box waiting for scores when he said he didn't decide to do DWTS until the last minute because something told him he had to come back and that something turned out to be Kellie.

I'm on an emotional high of admiration for Derek right now
    I know how that feels. Please let us see Derek on SYTYCD- please
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread