+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Season 16

Re: Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think he will- she has never taught on this show before. She did pretty well on SYTYCD, but that doesn't always translate into a good teacher.
    True.

We'll see how she does.

Some people are blessed enough to be able to dance AND teach. Some, OTOH, can only shine at one OR the other. Not both.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

Why did they airbrush all the photos of all the contestants and the pros? It makes them all look so fake.
    ilja likes this.

I just can't bring myself to root for a boxer, a sport where the desired outcome is to cause brain damage (knockout) to your opponent. My apologies to those who like boxing, but I can't get past that.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I just can't bring myself to root for a boxer, a sport where the desired outcome is to cause brain damage (knockout) to your opponent. My apologies to those who like boxing, but I can't get past that.
    Good point, but other sports also cause injuries. Hockey, football, I know that isn't the goal, but it has been the cause of head injuries( hockey especially)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Good point, but other sports also cause injuries. Hockey, football, I know that isn't the goal, but it has been the cause of head injuries( hockey especially)
    Again, true.

In hockey, I know, they kind of have a tendency to lose a LOT of teeth due to flying pucks. Also, I've seen one or two hockey fights. Those guys give a whole new meaning to the word "VICIOUS", after they get rollin' in a fight.

Laila Ali was a champion boxer (the apple sure didn't fall far from the tree, there!). When she was on, I loved seeing every second of every one of her performances. Quite frankly, I would've probably completely forgotten that she WAS a boxer during the course of the show, had it not continued to --- legitimately --- be brought up.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Agreed. I know several other sports can cause major and life altering injuries, but that is not the main goal as it is in boxing. Hockey has always embodied brawls and I think it just keeps getting worse. I know I watch it a lot less now than I used to, but I dp admire the skating skill of the players and what they are able to do on two think blades on ice.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Agreed. I know several other sports can cause major and life altering injuries, but that is not the main goal as it is in boxing. Hockey has always embodied brawls and I think it just keeps getting worse. I know I watch it a lot less now than I used to, but I dp admire the skating skill of the players and what they are able to do on two think blades on ice.
    I have a silmilar problem with boxing. And I used to love to watch football but now can barely stand it knowing what life-long devastation hard hits can bring.

Many physicians' groups in the US have been calling for a ban on boxing for a long time because of the severe brain damage it causes.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

What a sweet man and such a terrific smile. I like this guy.

And, I don't like boxing, but it was obviously a way to "make it" for Victor, so who am I to judge?
    NCLurker likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    What a sweet man and such a terrific smile. I like this guy.

And, I don't like boxing, but it was obviously a way to "make it" for Victor, so who am I to judge?
    I so agree! I love his smile and he seems so genuine and sweet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I so agree! I love his smile and he seems so genuine and sweet.
    I agree about boxing's being a "way for him to make it." I just wish that kids who want "out" like Victor did would not have to engage in a potentially lethal sport to do it.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast