+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

Re: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I could see her bumping a contender if the fanbase is weaker. Billy Ray got to top 5. Marie Osmond top 3 in a very competitive season . I know putting stock in dialidol is useless but geez the woman just cleans up on that vote. It's scary.
    Oh God that reminded me...Nancy Grace made Top 5. *shudder*
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

=Shoepie;4627368They used the scooters to arrive, that is all. Len only cares when the props and theme are infused with the dance routine so much that it is unrecognizable.
    Gotcha.

MHO, though, is that a prop is a prop, is a prop. I don't care if it's used throughout, or for ten hot seconds at the beginning and/or end of a dance routine, to arrive on, leave on, swing around, etc.

And yep, I wish if Len is going to criticize some couples for using props or "messing about", then why doesn't he criticize EVERYBODY that does it?

Otherwise, he needs to shut the hell up about ALL props and "messing about", ALL the time.

But then again, he doesn't play fairly like that.

If he did, then he would've had something to say about that blue light bar that Kellie and Derek used pretty much throughout their ENTIRE routine the other night. IIRC, he DIDN'T. I'd sure as HELL refer to THAT as being infused all throughout their ENTIRE dance, as WELL as being a prop. In ADDITION, he could've and should've said something about the scooters Wy and Tony used, as far as being props go, too.

Oh, and before anybody else points it out, allow ME to do so . . .

"Fair" has never been a word that applies to DWTS. I know it, HAVE known it since Day One, and don't particularly like it that it isn't.

But, like everybody else, I AM free to continue to watch and make my comments about the dancers, the dances, the judges, their "fairness" in general, and whether or not I think their "fairness" is in existence in certain cases, or at ALL on this show (and others, too!) . . .

So, I do.

Oh, BTW . . .

I DO know that that dance of Kellie and Derek's was not even recognizable as any dance that'd ever been on DWTS before. To me, still, a prop is a prop is a prop, and they DID use that light bar for most of what they put on the floor.

And they weren't called out for that.

WHY NOT?
    Last edited by ness; 03-27-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I continue to watch since I love dance, but I no longer vote. I refuse to be manipulated by show runners who 1) think I or we don't know what they're doing, nor do they care, and 2) are not fair to the participants.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Gotcha.

MHO, though, is that a prop is a prop, is a prop. I don't care if it's used throughout, or for ten hot seconds at the beginning and/or end of a dance routine, to arrive on, leave on, swing around, etc.

And yep, I wish if Len is going to criticize some couples for using props or "messing about", then why doesn't he criticize EVERYBODY that does it?

Otherwise, he needs to shut the hell up about ALL props and "messing about", ALL the time.

But then again, he doesn't play fairly like that.

If he did, then he would've had something to say about that blue light bar that Kellie and Derek used pretty much throughout their ENTIRE routine the other night. IIRC, he DIDN'T. I'd sure as HELL refer to THAT as being infused all throughout their ENTIRE dance, as WELL as being a prop. In ADDITION, he could've and should've said something about the scooters Wy and Tony used, as far as being props go, too.

Oh, and before anybody else points it out, allow ME to do so . . .

"Fair" has never been a word that applies to DWTS. I know it, HAVE known it since Day One, and don't particularly like it that it isn't.

But, like everybody else, I AM free to continue to watch and make my comments about the dancers, the dances, the judges, their "fairness" in general, and whether or not I think their "fairness" is in existence in certain cases, or at ALL on this show (and others, too!) . . .

So, I do.

Oh, BTW . . .

I DO know that that dance of Kellie and Derek's was not even recognizable as any dance that'd ever been on DWTS before. To me, still, a prop is a prop is a prop, and they DID use that light bar for most of what they put on the floor.

And they weren't called out for that.

WHY NOT?
    It is obvious that Len doesn't feel like he has a firm footing at least yet when it comes to the jazz and contemporary dances, and for that reason I don't think he felt as confident going after Derek on the props. Give him a while.....

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I continue to watch since I love dance, but I no longer vote. I refuse to be manipulated by show runners who 1) think I or we don't know what they're doing, nor do they care, and 2) are not fair to the participants.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not as excited as I've been in some of the past years. Actually, I wasn't excited with the All Stars last season, either.

FORT Fogey

Look at her pic in the first post. **shudder** What is up with this woman? She makes comments in rehearsal like she is going to excel. Release her inner tiger?
    Usually singers have rythmn. Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Look at her pic in the first post. **shudder** What is up with this woman? She makes comments in rehearsal like she is going to excel. Release her inner tiger?
    Usually singers have rythmn. Creepy.
    It was a disaster, I changed over to The Voice .She just stands there, we don't know what she is supposed to be doing, or what dance it was supposed to be. Tony how you came up with 'pole dancing' for Wy, I really dont know. Her fans will keep her in, which means more time watching the voice next week- when she and a couple of others are on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I clicked over to this during a commercial break just in time to see Wy. When did this show become Walking With The Stars because I did not see anything that looked anything resembling dance.
    ness likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Her seeming lack of effort is underwhelming.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Her partner says she shows up for rehearsals and gives it her all. So, I don't understand what happened. Maybe she just froze.

I'm agree with the post upthread about her being a muscian. How can you play musical instruments and sing, yet have no rythmn in your body or feet? ???? I actually felt sorry for her.

+ Reply to Thread