+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

Wy doesn't seem to really put too much into her dances. She seems to do just enough so that you'll "get the idea" of what it is she should be doing, and then she's through with it!

I am not a country fan, but I do love her voice. Her "Ave Maria" can move me to tears.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

While I'm not that knowledgeable about what's hot and what's not in country music, I do live near Music City and have my opinions about the country stars, especially those that have been around awhile. I do not believe Wynonna is all that popular anymore. When she and her mom were performing, I believe thay had a whole lot of fans. I also believe Wynonna did better than expected when her mom retired but I still believe it was not good enough to retain the stardom she once had.

Not to mention, she is really passť at this point, I think.

I have some other opinions about the family but feel like I shouldn't say too much as most of it would probably just be gossip.

Edited to add: then again, if I am wrong about her fan base, it could make a big difference because as they say, there ain't nothing like the country music fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't think her sneer is the result of any surgery. She has always had a sneering look when she smiles. In rehearsal for the first show she said, I may not know how to dance but I can shake my money maker. What? Shake her vocal chords? Anyway, she makes faces all the time; the one brow raised is one.

I wouldn't mind her sticking around for awhile because her creepiness fascinates me. I like her to horrify me. And she is doing a damn good job!
    There is something horrific about her isn't there? like ilja said, I dont discount her ( country) fan-base though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    While I'm not that knowledgeable about what's hot and what's not in country music, I do live near Music City and have my opinions about the country stars, especially those that have been around awhile. I do not believe Wynonna is all that popular anymore. When she and her mom were performing, I believe thay had a whole lot of fans. I also believe Wynonna did better than expected when her mom retired but I still believe it was not good enough to retain the stardom she once had.

Not to mention, she is really passť at this point, I think.

I have some other opinions about the family but feel like I shouldn't say too much as most of it would probably just be gossip.

Edited to add: then again, if I am wrong about her fan base, it could make a big difference because as they say, there ain't nothing like the country music fans.
    Like I said in an earlier post: "Baby Girl can SANG!"

Having said that, I DO agree with you that at this juncture, I suppose she COULD be considered passe, in terms of having a current album/hit out that she's known for and is selling like hotcakes, at least.

Far as I know, she DOESN'T.

BUT . . .

To use a reasonable example:

Garth Brooks has been retired for, HOW many years, now?

Yet, if he --- for some off-the-wall reason --- decided to leave retirement to come on DWTS, it wouldn't matter if he couldn't dance his way out of a wet paper bag.

How much would you want to bet that his fans'd keep him running like a Timex on this show?

I think Wy might have that kind of country fan backup, too.

I COULD be wrong, but country fans are loyal to the death.

She just might be around awhile.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't think her sneer is the result of any surgery. She has always had a sneering look when she smiles. In rehearsal for the first show she said, I may not know how to dance but I can shake my money maker. What? Shake her vocal chords? Anyway, she makes faces all the time; the one brow raised is one.

I wouldn't mind her sticking around for awhile because her creepiness fascinates me. I like her to horrify me. And she is doing a damn good job!
    Too funny Shoepie! I agree, Wynona is one creepy woman.

Regarding the family, Ashley wrote a tell all memoir a few years back, and her childhood was not a good one. She was left with care takers while her mom was away singing. There was neglect, abuse and she had severe depression because of it. It seems there is a lot of tension between all three of them for various reasons. Wynona didn't invite either her sister or her mom to her wedding.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I think a lot of the tension we're seeing with Wynnona is actually fear. She's always been larger than her pretty, petite mum and sister. Yes, she has a great voice, but I think she's always been self conscious because of her size and not being conventionally pretty. Now she's waaaaaay the heck out of her comfort zone and they're slapping her into skin tight outfits. However, her presence and footwork are pretty good.

I believe if Wy can relax and truly enjoy herself we'll see something amazing. You go, girl. I definitely see something amazing inside of you, just waiting to bust loose.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Too funny Shoepie! I agree, Wynona is one creepy woman.

Regarding the family, Ashley wrote a tell all memoir a few years back, and her childhood was not a good one. She was left with care takers while her mom was away singing. There was neglect, abuse and she had severe depression because of it. It seems there is a lot of tension between all three of them for various reasons. Wynona didn't invite either her sister or her mom to her wedding.
    Thanks for this info. What little I know of their reality show and interview with Oprah, it makes sense they (not Ashley) would be stuck in the past. I say not Ashley because she has decided to keep her distance in a healthy way. Writing a book was her way of lifting her focus on the past. I saw her interviewed on a book promo tour. It was clear that she made a wise decision to create some distance without anger. She is a solid, genuine woman.
    mesachick likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just from what I've seen of mother Naomi on television, I don't care for her.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't care for the whole family. As for Wy, she can stay or go, she isn't on for my viewing pleasure , so I can FF through her dance
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think Wynonna is here for a good long time. Her fans don't really write on message boards but she's going to be a force. Unfortunately I think she's going to bump off more deserving celebs. Think Billy Ray Cyrus season 4.

+ Reply to Thread