+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

Re: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

I think I recently heard that Naomi is running for office? Doesn't hurt to get the family name out there and Naomi in the audience.

WOW ! I am always SO suspicious!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It's Ashley, not Naomi who is rumored to be running for US Senate. She has not confirmed this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Really? she is the smart one ( out of those three) imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's Ashley, not Naomi who is rumored to be running for US Senate. She has not confirmed this.
    Thanks .... and I think I did hear that she has now confirmed?

Still ... some Judd name recognition

Anne Romney was asked and declined so politics are not out of the question on this show.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I do respect Ashley. She is very civic minded and well spoken. I've always been impressed with her comments. She's had some mental health issues too and has been open about it. I never understood her issues with her mom and sister, UNTIL I saw their reality show. Now, I get it.

I won't say much about here about Wynonna and her mom out of respect for her fans, but she and her mother revealed just how selfish, hostile and unappreciative they are. With all they have been blessed with, they were never content or appreciative. They constantly complained about everything under the sun. I've seen documentaries on celebs before, but never anything close to them. There was something missing in them, IMO. For all their talk about family and love, they seemed to have little respect for either.

As I said earlier, I still wish Wynnona well. I hope she gets a chance to sing on the show as that is her true gift. I just have to try to forget everything I know about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yes Ashley made a passionate speech about standing up & doing the right thing representing the citizens of Tennessee. Only problem is that she would be running to represent the state of Kentucky and she still lives in California.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I'm glad that Wynonna's family was there to support her. It's good to see them together. AND I had no idea that her new husband had such a terrible car accident and lost his leg. I kind of feel bad I made my earlier comments about her. But, it was true. I do wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I do respect Ashley. She is very civic minded and well spoken. I've always been impressed with her comments. She's had some mental health issues too and has been open about it. I never understood her issues with her mom and sister, UNTIL I saw their reality show. Now, I get it.

I won't say much about here about Wynonna and her mom out of respect for her fans, but she and her mother revealed just how selfish, hostile and unappreciative they are. With all they have been blessed with, they were never content or appreciative. They constantly complained about everything under the sun. I've seen documentaries on celebs before, but never anything close to them. There was something missing in them, IMO. For all their talk about family and love, they seemed to have little respect for either.

As I said earlier, I still wish Wynnona well. I hope she gets a chance to sing on the show as that is her true gift. I just have to try to forget everything I know about her.
    Read Ashley's autobiography and you may change your mind. Plus, there have been so many reports over the years about how rude she is to service people - from flight attendants to waiters - and to fans. I want to like her, but I get a feeling that the public Ashley (the one we see in interviews) and the private Ashley are two VERY different people....and not in a good way.

By all accounts, Naomi was a pretty terrible mother. I'm amazed Wynonna even speaks to her. I guess you just play the hand you were dealt and stick with them

I hope Wynonna gets better. I like her, but I LOVE Tony. I really wish someone would make Wy lighten up on the makeup. Someone (I think in another thread) may have said she reminded them of Captain Hook. She reminds me of Ursula from Little Mermaid. She'd be so much prettier if she didn't apply her makeup with a trowel. I guess this show really isn't the show to help her with a more subtle look....
    Tobi likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I hadn't even heard of the reality show until now, so I'm glad that I missed it. That said, I hope they do well.
    I didn't know they had a reality show either. Like you, I'm glad I missed it. I enjoy Naomi and think she is a gifted entertainer. That's all i really care about when she is on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    I didn't know they had a reality show either. Like you, I'm glad I missed it. I enjoy Naomi and think she is a gifted entertainer. That's all i really care about when she is on the stage.
    I just can't do that with with Naomi. She lied to her daughter for 30 years and let her believe that the man who raised her was her father when he wasn't....and everyone else in the family (including Ashley) knew it.

+ Reply to Thread