+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

I wonder if Kellie Pickler and Wynonna Judd being on the same season will hurt one or both of them in terms of voters who might be more fans of country music than DWTS--that is, they'd be splitting a potential fan base who might be voting more for whom they enjoy listening to than whom they enjoy watching dance (not that I think everyone who likes country music would choose to cast their votes irrespective of the dancing, but we've seen fan bases of all sorts do that in the past and watched people advance who really shouldn't have over more talented dancers).

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I hadn't even heard of the reality show until now, so I'm glad that I missed it. That said, I hope they do well.
    It was on Oprah's OWN channel a year or two ago, it only ran about 10 episodes. There are excerpts on OWN's YouTube channel:

The Judds - Naomi Begins to Let Go - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Love Wy. I hope she does well and goes far.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I never watched their reality show, either. Never liked Naomi to begin with, but I always liked Wynonna so I'm glad I missed it. From her interviews so far with Tony, I'm really liking their chemistry together. I don't know if I expect her to go far; I've read elsewhere that some people think her fanbase and Kellie's will cancel each other out. I would think if country fans were going to vote for someone, they'd vote for Wynonna. But Kellie has Derek, a fan and judge favorite. Give him the most unlikeable, obnoxious, annoying, controversial, uncoordinated and biggest diva on the planet and he'd probably still make the semis.

Wynonna is one of the few celebs I'm excited about this season, so I'll be tuning in for her, and FF through the majority of the couples (there's only 4 I really care anything about and the others I have no interest in even getting invested with).

Don't watch the reality show or find out too much about them if you want to stay a fan. All I will say is that they are not as they appear. I really hate it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Don't watch the reality show or find out too much about them if you want to stay a fan. All I will say is that they are not as they appear. I really hate it too.
    Well I wasn't a fan of the Judd's to start with, so when I saw some of their show, it was exactly as I had pictured them - Dysfunctional. I am not a huge fan of Tony either. so
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It was on Oprah's OWN channel a year or two ago, it only ran about 10 episodes. There are excerpts on OWN's YouTube channel:

The Judds - Naomi Begins to Let Go - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube
    Thanks, but given the reaction here from others who saw the show, I think I'll pass and keep my illusions intact!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

The clip I linked to was actually one of the better ones -- it was about Naomi trying to deal with her health issues while being on the road with Wynonna. They're not complete monsters on the show, they both just have their own issues that seem to conflict with each other's, and they spend too much time on camera talking to therapists about it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The clip I linked to was actually one of the better ones -- it was about Naomi trying to deal with her health issues while being on the road with Wynonna. They're not complete monsters on the show, they both just have their own issues that seem to conflict with each other's, and they spend too much time on camera talking to therapists about it.
    I think Wy came off much better . I think she has great fans, I am not a fan, but that doesn't mean I dont want to have fun, I do. Like Kellie said - Wyonna is country royalty, and she earned that title.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Wy came off much better . I think she has great fans, I am not a fan, but that doesn't mean I dont want to have fun, I do. Like Kellie said - Wyonna is country royalty, and she earned that title.
    BOY, did she earn that title.

Whatever else, Girlfriend can SANG.

Now, let's see what she can do on the dance floor.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread