+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

I voted for JR, Donny and Zendaya. Of the three of them, JR was my favorite because he made the biggest impact on my life.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    When I read the final blog I thought what an extremely articulate and insightful young woman. And then I thought about Freestyles of JR or Donny Osmond and thought how the heck did they win? And then I thought such a shame that a beautiful articulate young woman has to be criticized for being a teenager instead being admired for being a highly intelligent and accomplished dancer.
    EC, there were plenty of people who agreed that Zendaya was talented. The criticism of her being a teenager was more directed at the show itself. I think your great desire to have seen her win has colored your perception of anything anyone has said about Zendaya this season. I agree that she seems to be a very bright young lady with a good head on her shoulders. She has a lifetime to live out her dreams, and while she did not win this competition she did get great exposure. It would also seem that it was a great experience for her. Sometimes we learn and grow the most when our expectations do not come to fruition in the way we expect and I do believe she expected to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    EC, there were plenty of people who agreed that Zendaya was talented. The criticism of her being a teenager was more directed at the show itself. I think your great desire to have seen her win has colored your perception of anything anyone has said about Zendaya this season. I agree that she seems to be a very bright young lady with a good head on her shoulders. She has a lifetime to live out her dreams, and while she did not win this competition she did get great exposure. It would also seem that it was a great experience for her. Sometimes we learn and grow the most when our expectations do not come to fruition in the way we expect and I do believe she expected to win.

ICAM!!!!

WELL said!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post

And another deflection. It was a convenient excuse to dismiss her as just a teenager who didn't belong there, that's not the show, the show is trying to get a younger demographic. And she wanted to win, and hoped to win...cried when she didn't.

AND still no one has the balls to say why they voted for very poor Freestyles in Donny and JR and win the whole thing. They sucked as dancers, and in my opinion Osmond sucks as a human being and still he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    And another deflection. It was a convenient excuse to dismiss her as just a teenager who didn't belong there, that's not the show, the show is trying to get a younger demographic. And she wanted to win, and hoped to win...cried when she didn't.

AND still no one has the balls to say why they voted for very poor Freestyles in Donny and JR and win the whole thing. They sucked as dancers, and in my opinion Osmond sucks as a human being and still he wins.
    I may lack a lot of things but CA Jones are not one of them. I voted for Donny and JR because I liked them the best during their season. Like I've mentioned previously, I'm not a dance pro so I cannot say when someone does a dip or a lift out of order. I will also admit that I've known at times that I was not voting for the best technical dancer. I was however voting for the best entertainer IMHO and that is why I voted how I did.

It is possible to support someone without having to denigrate those who support someone else or denigrate their competition. Just call me ilja CA Jones.
    ness likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

To the Point

Everyone has an opinion and everyone votes accordingly. I choose not to vote as it just doesn't matter than much. It is just entertainment. I don't think anyone has any obligation to defend their votes. It is what it is. I am sorry that you apparently cannot find any satisfaction during or post show. I suppose I just cannot understand being that caught up in any television show.

Alright, folks, we're done. Season's over and the passive aggressive nonsense is wearing thin.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread