+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

I thought Val brought out the best contemporary choreography of the night, and Zendaya was great. She is a hip hop dancer, that's pretty evident in her posture and movement, but she got through that dance pretty gracefully. I love that even being a ballroom purist, Val is a fairly versatile dancer despite not having modern dance training, and I think any contemporary dancer would love to have him partnering. I thought the dance was sophisticated, age appropriate for Zendaya and well executed. This is my number 2 team for the season. Dorothy and Tristan being #1, how cute would it be to have the Youngest and the Oldest compete at the end?
    SpringMaiden27 and ilja like this.

FORT Fan

Jimmy Kimmel brought up DWTS last night and gave his guess for who will win. He chose Zendaya but he mangled her name so badly I couldn't even figure out who he was talking about at first.

Because he couldn't even pronounce her name I wonder if he is the one making the pick or if it is just anotehr ABC stunt.

I had not heard of her before but was impressed by her willingness to learn and also by her performance. She and Val also seem to get along well. I hope all of this foreshadow's a long stint on the show for them.

Val's choreography was gorgeous and his dancing was superb. It is such a joy to see someone dance who has so much control over his body. Even if I didn't lik her I most definitely want to see more of Val's choreography and dancing.

I too think he is going to come into his own this season without having Maks around to be compared to.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Jimmy Kimmel brought up DWTS last night and gave his guess for who will win. He chose Zendaya but he mangled her name so badly I couldn't even figure out who he was talking about at first.

Because he couldn't even pronounce her name I wonder if he is the one making the pick or if it is just anotehr ABC stunt.

I had not heard of her before but was impressed by her willingness to learn and also by her performance. She and Val also seem to get along well. I hope all of this foreshadow's a long stint on the show for them.

Val's choreography was gorgeous and his dancing was superb. It is such a joy to see someone dance who has so much control over his body. Even if I didn't lik her I most definitely want to see more of Val's choreography and dancing.

I too think he is going to come into his own this season without having Maks around to be compared to.
    I agree with you and at first didn't know what to expect, but Val did an amazing job with his choreography and she was a great student. I really enjoyed them. You never know Jimmy may have gotten another pick right.

This was a good dance. I think any pro would be good with her as a partner. She just looks like a little girl playing dress up to me, or Val looks too old( she would have been better off with Gleb) She has fantastic talent, I would love to see her on this show in a few years!!
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think she was excellent last evening and I have no problem with her age whatsoever. Unlike Pickler, this girl actually takes on difficult dance sequences. We've yet to see anything but flexibility from Kellie.
    Florimel likes this.

Nope, she isn't doing it for me. Hip hop dancers are very good, but she looks way too young to be in flapper dress.
    BTW likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Ha ha.. Flappers were YOUNG in the 1920's. My great grandma was 17. She looked really strong out there.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Ha ha.. Flappers were YOUNG in the 1920's. My great grandma was 17. She looked really strong out there.
    Strong for her age, she looks even younger (as I said up thread) than 16. She had some trouble with those long legs, I am not saying she isn't good, I just don't see her winning this. I also watch to see adults dance, I can see kids anytime.
    just saying
    -Andy Rooney-

I was extremely impressed by Zendaya last night. I had kind of hoped the first week was just a fluke and she lucked out on the dance style and an awesome choreography by Val. The reason I hoped that is because I prefer to see a real competition where anyone can win it by how much they improve each week even if they aren't the best dancer. But after watching last night, I think this is her's to lose. She blew me away.

Maybe, just maybe she won't be able to conquer the other dance styles or she might get the big head which never helps anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I was extremely impressed by Zendaya last night. I had kind of hoped the first week was just a fluke and she lucked out on the dance style and an awesome choreography by Val. The reason I hoped that is because I prefer to see a real competition where anyone can win it by how much they improve each week even if they aren't the best dancer. But after watching last night, I think this is her's to lose. She blew me away.

Maybe, just maybe she won't be able to conquer the other dance styles or she might get the big head which never helps anyone.
    I don't see her being big headed. She can dance, she knows that. Its obvious to anyone. She just didn't blow me away though- I don't know why. It isnt Val, he danced well with her. I just see her with Gleb I guess. I wonder what her fanbase is like? disney kids do pretty well on this show.
    Oh well, its nice we all have our own faves.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread