+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

This child has so much star quality and charisma. She truly is a joy and a breath of fresh air. She has to be the next big Disney break out star. I sincerely hope that when it happens she can maintain her sweet disposition in the midst of all the fame and success.

She handled herself admirably. It was difficult to compete with all the adults and so many competent dancers at that and come out the ultimate winner. Unlike the other teenager Shawn - America's Sweetheart who had won gold in front of an audience of 200 million the summer before and who came into the competition with a built in fan base - Zendaya had to try and build a fan base against other stars who had such a headstart (of loyal fans) on her. That was a daunting task, and it certainly wasn't because she wasn't capable or didn't give it her best that she wasn't able to accomplish it all the way to the trophy such as it is.

When all of it was said and done, I think what actually hurt Zendaya as far as winning more than her age was (1) Kellie's country fan base (2) Kellie's freestyle peformance which we know in the past the freestyles have been known to win it or lose it for couples.

She is still a huge winner in my book!

Zendaya is an excellent natural dancer, and I think natural dancers are the best because they can pick up anything anywhere. They just get out on any social scene dance floor, and they are able to dance! I love to watch those folks!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Zendaya's interview with George. This is why she is my all time favorite celebrity by far.
    http://www.ontheredc...ideo?id=9111392

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I really hate facebook voting. I feel like they do that simply to get my contact information for spamming thus I never do it.

Of course, I don't like facebook anyway and rarely get on it.
    I voted on FB. I like it, then vote then unlike it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Zendaya's interview with George. This is why she is my all time favorite celebrity by far.
    http://www.ontheredc...ideo?id=9111392
    The link doesn't work.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I just want to add here that this beautiful young girl ... is a dancer. She was a dancer before DWTS. Everything I have read about her calls dancing as one of her primary occupations and she had had extensive dance training and experience before DWTS.

So ... she technically is a dance pro ... so why doesn't DWTS hire her as such for next season ?

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I just want to add here that this beautiful young girl ... is a dancer. She was a dancer before DWTS. Everything I have read about her calls dancing as one of her primary occupations and she had had extensive dance training and experience before DWTS.

So ... she technically is a dance pro ... so why doesn't DWTS hire her as such for next season ?

Not so sure if this was meant to be sarcastic or not. But she isn't nearly good enough, nor does she have even knowledge of ballroom to be a pro. Was she one of the top celebs to ever be on there? yes! But was she near as good as any of the pros? No way!
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    Not so sure if this was meant to be sarcastic or not. But she isn't nearly good enough, nor does she have even knowledge of ballroom to be a pro. Was she one of the top celebs to ever be on there? yes! But was she near as good as any of the pros? No way!
    NO... not meant to be sarcastic at all. Zendaya has said many times how she loves inspiring the little ones and the kids adore her. She is great with them and she is just a kid herself !! She has a really extensive dancing background. And she is VERY good ... and adds ability to ballroom dance as one of her takeaways from the DWTS experience.

I never heard of her before DWTS so this certainly has given her some wonderful exposure and perhaps she can capitalize on it. They have showcased a lot of kids on DWTS lately. Maybe they are planning a DWTS for young ones ... or some such thing?

Anyway ... it was all positive and NOT sarcastic. Thanks for asking and allowing me to respond because others may have gotten that impression too.

Mohandas Gandhi

She said on Kellie and Michael this morning that she has been training in hip hop and hula since she was eight. In other words for eight years. Do hip hop and hula qualify as extensive training? Anymore extensive than girls who take ballet training or cheer training from age eight?

She is very talented, but not a professional grade all around dancer.
    nanarama, ilja and EnglishCadbury like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    The link doesn't work.
    Let's try that again

Zendaya interview after 'DWTS' finale, gets hugs from kids (Video) | Video | www.ontheredcarpet.com

She really is a sweetheart, and she seems to have a really good head on her shoulders about managing her own career and ambitions.

Although she does need to learn to finish an interview before taking hugs from over-eager fans.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread