Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    nana . . .

Had to veer off for a few minutes, but I absolutely agree with both your posts (288 and 299).

MFW and FM, I agree with YOUR posts, too!

Personally, I think TPTB have taken trying to reel in younger SYTYCD viewers has gone way, WAY too far, what with all the non-ballroom dances and the stunt dances they're throwing in, now. They either need to stop ALL of the crap, or put the show out of its misery altogether.

If nothing else, they DEFINITELY need to clean house with The Three!
    I heard this show is downsizing. It's not on for two nights next season, just one. Next step will be the judges ness imnsho!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Please take all downsizing discussion to the Media Thread and keep this one for Zendaya and Val. Thank you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I'm getting excited for this final week. I think despite the QS problem this week, it's time to focus on the final dances.
    Tom Bergeron said it's a 2 hour Finale show, in the past it was only one hour, so that's why the need for 4 in the finals.

Zendaya said in an interview last night that the Freestyle will have a brief element of Hip Hop but it will be more about what she has learned on this show. So lots of Latin and Ballroom and that's great, I know she's going to shine. Val has made sure of it all season long.

On another board some have indicated there will be youngsters dancing during parts of the "supersized" Freestyle, so I think that could be a really nice mix in the finale. Talented Children, like that Sophia Lucia last evening are always exciting to watch and that helps keep the freestyle upbeat and fun. I could see them being part of the hip hop piece, and that would be so great for votes.

I'm interested to learn more about the format, will it be a Redemption dance, and the Freestyle night one and then Favorite Dance and Insta-dance like it was in Season 10? Or will they put in the Final Unlearned dance of the season? I think they should. That would mean Jacoby Samba, Aly Paso, Kellie Salsa, and Zendaya Rumba all latin dances.

If it's a Redemption Dance I could see Val doing the Paso, or maybe even the Samba, certainly the QS would be a contender. - New costumes and a change up in the choreography would be dynamite. I have no worry that Zendaya could nail all of these dances on a re-do.

If it's a Favorite Dance I loved the Argentine Tango. I loved that entire production. If any dance could be called the dance of the season that is, and it got a 29 first time out, it deserved a 30 in week 5. I wonder how it might look with only 2 dancing? I think it could be tweeked, if need be. I loved the Salsa, but it was very recent and got the encore. The Jive has been encored and reprised in the dance off, so it's gotta be not only a personal favorite for Zendaya but a favorite that the crowd loves too.

If there's an Insta-Dance component, the Cha Cha Cha would be great, but I could also see them throwing in the Rumba. Zendaya the only one who hasn't done it yet, but she's had to prepare it for the dance off, so that would be a great last dance to show how she's matured during her time on DWTS.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Zendaya and Val are Redoing the SAMBA, I'm excited... good choice!! All I think she needs to do is solo more Samba and 10's are on the horizon!

https://twitter.com/Zendaya/status/334796204678451200

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Winner revealed next week?

FORT Fogey

Yes, on Tuesday.

FORT Fogey

So According to Aly's Blog, it looks like 4 dances next week, which makes sense because Tom indicated Monday would be 2 hours. I'm very interested in this because Aly and Mark also chose the Samba to re-do.

Next Monday, we have the samba, and the cha-cha challenge with the other three couples, freestyle, and the 24-hour challenge, so this week is a lot of dances, but I’m really excited. It’s the last time we have to perform out there, so it’s sad because I’ve been having so much fun. I just want to make the most of these next few days and enjoy it.

Aly Raisman Headed to Dancing With the Stars Finals: 'It

FORT Regular

I wonder if they are all gonna do samba this week so they can really be compared against each other for the first time?! Or maybe Zendaya just happen to pick Samba as her fav as did Aly?

FORT Fogey

Jacoby hasn't had the Samba yet, so it would be a bit of a disadvantage for him.

+ Reply to Thread