+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

I do love when the Pros blog about the night before, here's what Louis Van Amstel had to say about Len's ridiculous comment:

"News flash Len and Bruno, for Paso Doble your chin comes slightly down,
    not up. Oh yes, in 1970 it did, but that was more a parody of Paso Doble. The scores should have been at least same as Kellie and Aly,
    especially knowing her choreography was harder!"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

There is a really weird vibe on this thread. I really have to wonder if anyone here is personally connected to Zendaya because the conversation has gotten so heated and almost every comment is met with fierce rebuttal here. It is unusual for this forum. We are usually pretty free to make snarky comments or express if we DON'T like someone without a problem. This isn't a fan site, it is a discussion board.

I personally don't care for Zendaya. I think she acts like a spoiled little child who expects to be treated like a princess and has quickly developed Val's crappy attitude that she is superior than everyone else. She started off as a better dancer, but the others are quickly catching up and surpassing her. I expect her to go out just like every other Disney kid.

I thought having a thread dedicated to a favorite allows people to post they really like that competitor. I don't care enough about the others to post much in their threads.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-01-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Zendaya and Val have Foxtrot next, and the Trio is Salsa with Gleb. really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-01-2013 at 07:31 AM.

I like Zen...and don't think she has a horrible attitude or anything. I think she is tired, exhausted, and young. She doesn't know how to "control" her words like the older folks. She hasn't been around long enough to really think about what she is saying and how it is being portrayed by others.

I also think that all the celebs are exhausted and they all are emotionally spent right now. So, I give them a pass on their attitudes and such.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    While I agree that the football players do come with a rather large fanbase, I do not believe it's big enough to win it by themselves alone. I do believe they must attract other fans as well and Jacoby is missing one important ingredient that I suspect is going to keep him from winning it all unless he wins by default (as in the competition blowing it). Jacoby just doesn't have the likability factor that someone like Donald Driver had in spades. That is also what I believe helped Donny to win more than anything else. If we don't like them, we don't vote for them no matter how technically great they are. If we do like them, we don't require the technical abilities to be perfect.

They not only must dance but they must also entertain and that takes showmanship. Right now I'm hoping Zendaya can bring it to the end but I'm not sure at the moment if she can.

You were right about Jacoby. his fan base is soft. none of the other football players who won or were second place ever were in jeopardy, because there was no need to encourage the fans to vote. They were there in droves.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I think Zandaya is cute as a bug's ear. She has engaging facial expressions and what seems like a nice personality for a teenage TV star. I love to watch her dance. Val has done a good job as instructor and choreographer taking her age and life experience into account. Someday, in the not too distant future, she will grow into her legs and arms.
    justCoz, KrazeeKy07, ilja and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Good on Val & Zen during that HORRIBLE "Dance Off" on Monday. After Aly & Mark chose Andy (shooting fish in a barrel?), Val said something along the lines of "let's pick on someone our own size" and chose Jacoby. I HATED the immunity and dance off nonsense - just a way for TPTB to set Andy up to insure he got booted.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Zendaya and Val have Foxtrot next, and the Trio is Salsa with Gleb. really looking forward to this.
    Gleb?! Super pumped!!! And her foxtrot is going to be graceful and wonderful...calling it now!!

Can't wait for Monday!
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

It's nice to see that Ballroom Legend and Mark's mom Shirley Ballas agreed with Louis Van Amstel. She said that Zendaya DESERVED 10's for the Paso Doble, and they marked her down to keep it interesting for Television. Of course Louis thought Zendaya deserved AT LEAST a 29 as the choreography was far more difficult.

As for Monday, Val seems pretty happy on Twitter- He Tweeted 'don't worry be happy', and I wonder if that might be their Foxtrot music? Also, he tweeted he was so happy to be going to work... makes me think the Salsa is coming along nicely. With the addition of Gleb we're going to actually SEE him do his thing. This should be fun.

I do think Val and Maks and the Dance With Me crew do superior Salsa/ mambo type of dances to those who haven't originally had the training.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread