+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Fan

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Just so it's clear there have been numerous times when celebrities hug and kiss after a dance with family seated in the audience, and family is always front row. Z is young and is struggling in the knowledge that her beloved grandma was recently diagnosed. I thought it was a fairly inocuous and heartfelt gesture.

On the other hand, there have been instances where pulling on the heart strings have been choreographed right into the dance. Like when Hough choreographed the viennese waltz for Brooke Burke to "Daughters" and her girls had to be placed appropriately for her to break hold and go to them for hugs and kisses while the music was still playing. Now THAT is planned choreographed and scripted for the desired effect.
    That the whole dance dedication and Skype session with Grandmother and the hug/kiss etc was obviously planned in advance does not take away from the validity of her feelings about her grandmother. It just needed to be said that this kind of "scenario" pops up quite often on this show and per se what was done on Monday night re her grandmother was in no way unique to Z.

One previous example that comes to mind is Jennifer Grey's dance dedication to Patrick Swayze during which they showed video of him etc. That it was all planned out in advance (and was a very complex presentation) in no way takes away from the validity of Jennifer's feelings about Patrick's death.

It's all part of the show, none of these things bother me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It's all part of the show, none of these things bother me
    They don't bother me either but let's not preted that Zendaya came up with this complex situation all by herself on the spur of the moment. Her emotions are real. The dance dedication and the Skype session and the easy access for hugging etc all had to be planned and implemented well in advance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    That the whole dance dedication and Skype session with Grandmother and the hug/kiss etc was obviously planned in advance does not take away from the validity of her feelings about her grandmother. It just needed to be said that this kind of "scenario" pops up quite often on this show and per se what was done on Monday night re her grandmother was in no way unique to Z.

One previous example that comes to mind is Jennifer Grey's dance dedication to Patrick Swayze during which they showed video of him etc. That it was all planned out in advance (and was a very complex presentation) in no way takes away from the validity of Jennifer's feelings about Patrick's death.
    I disagree, and it's two very different things. The skype package was before the dance. Zendaya could have easily waved to Grandma, but she was emotional and spontenously went to hug her. and I'm not jaded enough to think the tear in her eye was scripted.

The example that I specifically sited was actually choreographed to pull at your heart strings, Hough actually choreographed the dance with timing in the VWaltz for hugs and kisses for Brooke's daughters.

FORT Fan

As I've been saying her emotions are real but the situation in all its complexity was set up by production well in advance.

FORT Fogey

They don't bother me either but let's not preted that Zendaya came up with this complex situation all by herself on the spur of the moment. Her emotions are real. The dance dedication and the Skype session and the easy access for hugging etc all had to be planned and implemented well in advance.
    How the heck is thinking of your Grandma sitting watching you dance complex

They don't bother me either but let's not pretend that Zendaya came up with this complex situation all by herself on the spur of the moment. Her emotions are real. The dance dedication and the Skype session and the easy access for hugging etc all had to be planned and implemented well in advance.
    None of them come up with it by themselves, that's why they have a production dept
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    How the heck is thinking of your Grandma sitting watching you dance complex
    My other posts have already mentioned which aspects had to be planned and carried out in advance.

FORT Fogey

Your other post suggests she planned to go and hug Grandma. I totally disagree.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    None of them come up with it by themselves, that's why they have a production dept
    Exactly.

In some ways I would prefer if a contestant did just mention someone they wanted to dedicate their dance to instead of our having to sit through all these pre-planned "emotional" moments. Sometimes it's so obviousy planned to elicit certain emotions that it all leaves me cold.
    I don't like being manipulated into feeling a certain way.

I could just as easily see Z's emotional attachment to her grandmother if she just told us about her and dedicated the dance to her. I don't like all the scripting. I hope no one thinks that what Grandmother and Z said to each other during the Skype session was not suggested and/or planned out in advance. And that they didn't rehearse the hug after the dance because Z had to know where to go to find her Grandmother quickly without wasting a lot of time looking for her in the crowd.

Maybe some people might think that all those "private moments" interviews with the contestants are not full of suggested responses and pre-arranged questions too.

+ Reply to Thread