+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Can I call it or what?? Thanks Tony and Wynonna for proving my point, albeit pretty pathetically.

Val and Zen were lovely last night!
    Excellent call. For me, I guess it's rather funny, but Zen was my second choice after Dorothy, and you know you really pin pointed for me why I'm enjoying the dancing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    That's wonderful about your first grandchild coming! Congrats!

I wasn't really attacking Z or saying she was pretending or faking. I just wanted to remind that a number of contestants have done tribute dances and that they all get a lot of help from production with those.

In some instances (though not necessarily this one) I have gotten the idea that production asked at the beginning of the season if any of the contestants had anyone they could or would want to do a tribute dance for. And then things progressed from there.
    Thank you so much Orion and you too Fanny.

Yes, I know. Just like I know a lot of certain other *cough* bach *cough* reality shows are not exactly as they would seem but I still like wearing my rose-colored glasses for my own enjoyment level.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    My daughter is 13 - she's a figure skater and although she is not a pairs skater, she requires a partner for dance tests. Her partners are considerably older than her as there are no teenage male skaters available to partner her (the ratio of female to male skaters is astronomical, anyway). It's a necessary, professional arrangement and I know of no skating parent who ever considered it inappropriate.

I have been lurking in this thread only because my younger daughter watches Zendaya on her Disney "Shake it Up" program all the time. She's a professional dancer and actress and I assume the male dancer is a professional as well...I think that people in the entertainment industry work together all the time in intimate situations without having an intimate relationship.
    I agree. There is nothing wrong with this pairing as long as the professional relationsship remains. I am 58 years old and teach Ice Dance as a hobby. I skate with the kids all the time for their dance tests and for shows (see my avatar - my partner in the picture is 17). I have never in my life had an issue. I treat all my students and partners in a professional manner no matter what their age is. I assume that Val would do the same in this situation.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 04-02-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    AJane, Florimel, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fan

ABC could clear this up so qiuickly by having age-appropriate partners. They surely have access to hundreds if not thousands of professional dancers of all ages who would love to work for them. (As the teachers etc who have posted her about this do not.)
    It is ABC that is creating the problem and they could fix it so fast--if they wanted to.

Ah, but then it has the possibility of turning into a giggling teenage flirt session. Is she there to learn to dance or develop a showmance with an age appropriate young man?
    nanarama, Coco46 and Alexxxx like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Not to take anything away from Z but a lot of stars have dedicated their dances to loved ones with illnesses or problems and then have gone over and kissed them at the end of the dance. It was lovely that Z did that but she is far from the only one to do so.

BTW think about where her grandmother and mother were sitting and then think about how much "arranging" the show had to do to get them in those front row seats so they could be easily accessed for a hug/kiss.

A lot of what happens on this show that viewers interpret as "spontaneous" are really the result of hours of planning and preparation by the producers.
    According to the blog written by Sean Lowe's sister, families and special guests are given assigned seating. There are actually signs with their names on their assigned seats.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fan

Photobabe: Exactly! Nothiung is left to chance. These things are very carefully planned.

Remember when Sarah Palin kept being seated so that she was often in the background when other teams besides Bristol's were being judged? That was no accident and there were a lot of comments about that at the time.

It's also so the cameramen know where to go to for the *family* shot.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Just so it's clear there have been numerous times when celebrities hug and kiss after a dance with family seated in the audience, and family is always front row. Z is young and is struggling in the knowledge that her beloved grandma was recently diagnosed. I thought it was a fairly inocuous and heartfelt gesture.

On the other hand, there have been instances where pulling on the heart strings have been choreographed right into the dance. Like when Hough choreographed the viennese waltz for Brooke Burke to "Daughters" and her girls had to be placed appropriately for her to break hold and go to them for hugs and kisses while the music was still playing. Now THAT is planned choreographed and scripted for the desired effect.
    Alexxxx and ilja like this.

So it's on to "Best years of your life" and Zendaya has Samba. Something tells me her best years are right in this moment on the show. I think she's ready to do a firecracker of a Samba.
    Florimel and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread