+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Newbie

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Gleb is 30, and married!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Well she is, especially for a Prom theme. (She's 52 he's just 20)

And yes, Gleb is hot! But hey if we are going to be stuck on people's ages (I'm not), then it should go both ways right? Luckily it really doesn't matter to me. I am able to sit back and enjoy the FRIENDSHIPS that have formed between all the couples, regardless of their age differences. Would you want your 20 year old dating at 52 year old? Oh but wait... again, this isn't a dating show, it's a dancing show.
    nanarama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Mesachick: it's not the fact that she's 16. It's the fact that she's been paired with the most sensual and sexual male adult dancer on the show.
    Don't see him as the most sexual male dancer. The problem is Zen is a teenager, looks and acts like one.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    As I mentioned bove, these are examples of adults. Not one still almost a child dancing with a mature male partner.

Two entirely different situations which I have made clear from the start of this discussion.

Just think about this: would you let your 16 year old daughter go out with a 26 year old man?
    My daughter is 13 - she's a figure skater and although she is not a pairs skater, she requires a partner for dance tests. Her partners are considerably older than her as there are no teenage male skaters available to partner her (the ratio of female to male skaters is astronomical, anyway). It's a necessary, professional arrangement and I know of no skating parent who ever considered it inappropriate.

I have been lurking in this thread only because my younger daughter watches Zendaya on her Disney "Shake it Up" program all the time. She's a professional dancer and actress and I assume the male dancer is a professional as well...I think that people in the entertainment industry work together all the time in intimate situations without having an intimate relationship.
    DancingDad and nanarama like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Don't Val, Maks and Tony own/run a dance studio? Do they limit their clientele to only those of a certain age?

I understood that Val is a professional dance instructor and is employed in that capacity on this show, regardless of who he is partnered with. Same with all the other pros on this show, male or female. I don't get a skeevy vibe from him partnering Zendaya any more than some of the other pairings this show has come up with. As a minor, I'm assuming Zendaya's parents are looking out for her wellbeing in that regard, so I'm not going to worry about her.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 04-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I have enjoyed watching Zendaya. I knew nothing about her until seeing her on the show. She has a great personality. I think Val has been more than respectful of her age - from the moment he found out what it was. I have no problem with him dancing with her. He teaches dance for a living, right? I'm sure he's had students her age and probably younger.

I'm fairly certain I heard one of the Houghs talk about dancing the rumba with each other (I think Julianne). If brother and sister can dance that in actual dance competitions and that's ok, I don't see how this is any different.
    NCLurker and ilja like this.

Yes, I remember Derek or Julianne stating they would dance the rumba together...hhmmmm okay!

But anywho, I find Val to be being a complete professional when it comes to Z! He has impressed me with his choreo completely this season! It's like he is almost a whole different pro with her due to her age and I find myself liking him more and more each time they dance!

Hope Z and Val continue bringing it 110% each week!
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

I was so impressed with Zendaya last evening. She really worked to get that Viennese Waltz looking the way it did. She has beautiful expression and wonderful arms. I can hardly believe a little hip hopper would tackle it and do it justice. A tiny bauble (stepping on her skirt?) at the end, but what a beautiful VWaltz. I mentioned on the live thread that she danced at tempo. That's really something none of the celebrities have ever done on this show, everyone's Viennese Waltz has been slow to popular music. But Que Sera Sera is in the lexicon of ballroom music and she really brought it.
    KrazeeKy07 and ilja like this.

And did anyone else notice the tears in her eyes at the end of the dance plus how she pointed to her grandmother and just had to go hug her before heading up the stairs? She touched my heart with how much it meant to her dedicating that dance to her grandmother. I can only hope to have such a thoughtful grandchild one day.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I know what you mean, itja, She is such a sweet girl in a big ol plastic environment like Hollywood and she certainly seems to have her feet on the ground. I think she's a terrific role model for kids and they are watching.

But when does young become so young that I starts to look like a father/daughter dance? Yea I for one did think Shawn at 17 was too young but will admit I loved her during All Stars.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread