+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Fan

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    NO, that's Mak's birthday. Val was born 6 years later.
    Yes I have corrected my posts that I was able to. The first site I looked at gave the wrong age for Val but that does not negate my point. She is little more than a child and he is a grown man.

And I continue to wonder why ABC is punishing Val in this way.

And tonight they're going to do a "prom" dance? Does that make anyone else uncomfortable besides me?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Yes I have corrected my posts that I was able to. The first site I looked at gave the wrong age for Val but that does not negate my point. She is little more than a child and he is a grown man.
    And Mark Ballas was 24 with 17 year old Shawn Johnson. Val Btw is younger than Ballas and Hough, by abot 6 months.

Your point doesn't hold water, and here's why. Kelly Monaco was 10 years older than Val, anybody worried about that situation? Or how about this, Julianne Hough was 19 and not able to vote or drink in most states, definitely not an "adult" but she had 33 year old Helio and how about 42 yearl old Adam Carolla to not only partner, but teach. Talk about role reversals.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It's on from 8 -10 in the US PST... 7-9 in the midwest. Primetime family watching tv hours. Maybe Canada has stricter policies as what constitutes a show being on during the 8-10 hours. But as it stands, DWTS is categorized as a family show, and families do include kids. If the show is meant to be watched by kids that are 16 (which it is), then I don't see the problem with having someone that is 16 dancing on it.

I don't disagree that ABC is pimping her because she's a Disney star. They are pimping Sean out as well . But having a 16 year old competing on a dancing show that 16 year old's watch, so what? Take a gander at the kid's that are watching live in the audience even.

Maybe casting someone younger this season is ABC's attempt to reign back the show. I thought last season started to be more crass, with less class. What with all the butt slapping, Gilles looking down Peta's crotch, etc, etc. Me personally, would rather it go back to the dancing, and less about whom can be more sexual. What's next ABC, pole dancing?

Anyway, I think Zen and Val are doing just fine and haven't crossed a single inappropriate line, so far lol.
    Mesachick: it's not the fact that she's 16. It's the fact that she's been paired with the most sensual and sexual male adult dancer on the show.

And I continue to wonder why ABC is punishing Val in this way.

And tonight they're going to do a "prom" dance? Does that make anyone else uncomfortable besides me?
    I am going to be more uncomfortable watching Lisa go to the prom with her grandson, Gleb.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Mesachick: it's not the fact that she's 16. It's the fact that she's been paired with the most sensual and sexual male adult dancer on the show.
    And that's utterly ridiculous. Val is doing great without doing any showmancing this season. Come to think of it, he didn't showmance Sherry Shepherd either.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fan

And Mark Ballas was 24 with 17 year old Shawn Johnson. Val Btw is younger than Ballas and Hough, by abot 6 months.

Your point doesn't hold water, and here's why. Kelly Monaco was 10 years older than Val, anybody worried about that situation? Or how about this, Julianne Hough was 19 and not able to vote or drink in most states, definitely not an "adult" but she had 33 year old Helio and how about 42 yearl old Adam Carolla to not only partner, but teach. Talk about role reversals.
    As I mentioned bove, these are examples of adults. Not one still almost a child dancing with a mature male partner.

Two entirely different situations which I have made clear from the start of this discussion.

Just think about this: would you let your 16 year old daughter go out with a 26 year old man?

FORT Fan

And that's utterly ridiculous. Val is doing great without doing any showmancing this season. Come to think of it, he didn't showmance Sherry Shepherd either.
    And as i've already mentioned this is not about "Showmance."

See my above post for my question.

As I mentioned bove, these are examples of adults. Not one still almost a child dancing with a mature male partner.

Two entirely different situations which I have made clear from the start of this discussion.

Just think about this: would you let your 16 year old daughter go out with a 26 year old man?
    They aren't dating, they are dancing together on a reality tv dance show. Two completely different things altogether.
    ilja and EnglishCadbury like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am going to be more uncomfortable watching Lisa go to the prom with her grandson, Gleb.
    Ha, or Kelly Pickler going to the Prom when her husband is in the audience. Or Ingo with his kids in the audience. Or Wynnona with her disabled husband in the audience.... I could go on.
    mesachick likes this.

And as i've already mentioned this is not about "Showmance."

See my above post for my question.
    And Julianne Hough was NOT an Adult

+ Reply to Thread