+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

DWTS is an adult show? I don't think so. It's a family show if anything. Lot's of children watch it, so what is the big deal with having a 16 year old on it?

Like English pointed out, dancing lessons normally start at a very young age. The youngest age group for competitive ballroom dance is Pre-Teen I: 9 years and under. There doesn't appear to even be a minimum age to compete. Julianne Hough started dancing competitively when she was just 10. At the end of the day, its about telling a story through dance and song. I am just going to sit back and enjoy. Zendaya dances beautifully and Val has been at his creative best with the choreography so far.
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

That reminds me, maybe they heard all the complaints about the fake coupling of Val and . . . dang if I forgot her name from last year who is currently on my favorite soap!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Fanny Mare: I agree with you. There is no reason to cast such youngster on an adult-activity show.

Anyone who thinks she is "mature" enough to be on an adult show should watch her interview with Jimmy Kimmel.

I am gaining a lot of respect for Val seeing what he is doing/not doing with the child he's been made to work with. Is this some sort of "commie" plot? Take one of the sexiest male dancers and make him choreograph for and dance with someone only a few years out of grade school?

Somebody at ABC has a really sick sense of humor.
    Yes they have a sick sense of humor. If this were a dance show for kids, she would fit right in, adults? nope , not at all. I said that from the start, so I am not about to change
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

@Orion Nebula, I know what you're trying to say, but dance teachers love to teach, they're really not into what the show wants them to do, unless the celebrity agrees that it will take them far into the competition. Last season Kelly was the early out, but the showmance made sure she wasn't. It got her to top 3. Along the way Kelly did improve greatly and we got to see some of the best choreography last season as well from Val.

This season, out of the gate, Val brings us an incredible Contemporary piece, something he's not all that familiar with or has training in, but he pulled it off beautifully. And it gave us a completely different dimension in Val's choreography. It was ridiculously good, and Zendaya had a lovely maturity to her dancing even though it was a flowing dress, not bared shirts or bras and panties, Val doesn't need to have his shirt off every dance, he's doing fantastic framing his student and looking just as handsome with clothes on..
    Tonight it's going to be a simple beautiful Waltz, in homage to Zen's grandma. I can't wait to see it.
    Arielflies and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    That reminds me, maybe they heard all the complaints about the fake coupling of Val and . . . dang if I forgot her name from last year who is currently on my favorite soap!
    Kelly Monaco wasn't it? they overdid all that lovely crap, it became laughable.
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    DWTS is an adult show? I don't think so. It's a family show if anything. Lot's of children watch it, so what is the big deal with having a 16 year old on it?
    This is just a guess, but it wouldn't be a big deal if Zendaya danced poorly.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    @Orion Nebula, I know what you're trying to say, but dance teachers love to teach, they're really not into what the show wants them to do, unless the celebrity agrees that it will take them far into the competition. Last season Kelly was the early out, but the showmance made sure she wasn't. It got her to top 3. Along the way Kelly did improve greatly and we got to see some of the best choreography last season as well from Val.

This season, out of the gate, Val brings us an incredible Contemporary piece, something he's not all that familiar with or has training in, but he pulled it off beautifully. And it gave us a completely different dimension in Val's choreography. It was ridiculously good, and Zendaya had a lovely maturity to her dancing even though it was a flowing dress, not bared shirts or bras and panties, Val doesn't need to have his shirt off every dance, he's doing fantastic framing his student and looking just as handsome with clothes on..
    Tonight it's going to be a simple beautiful Waltz, in homage to Zen's grandma. I can't wait to see it.
    EnglishCadbury: I'm not disagreeing with you, just discussing this. For me it is not about his taking his shirt off or any fake showmance but about his innate qualities. Some people exude sensuality and Val is one of them. It makes his dancing that much more exciting IMO.

It's a shame that they are forcing him to deny that part of himself and forcing him to pretend he isn't a mature man who is dancing with an immature girl.

IMO it denies his innate qualities and diminishes his nature.
    I still think they are trying to do to him what they tried to do to Maks: stifle who he is that makes him so attractive.

Some folks have that kind of charisma and some don't. They are trying ro destroy his by making him dance with a young girl half his age.

(BTW from what I've seen of ballroom competitions the youngest dancers only dance with others their same or similar age. They don't pair a ten year old girl with a twenty year old man.)

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

Like English pointed out, dancing lessons normally start at a very young age. The youngest age group for competitive ballroom dance is Pre-Teen I: 9 years and under. There doesn't appear to even be a minimum age to compete. Julianne Hough started dancing competitively when she was just 10. At the end of the day, its about telling a story through dance and song. I am just going to sit back and enjoy. Zendaya dances beautifully and Val has been at his creative best with the choreography so far.
    Its on at 9.00pm until 11.00pm here, not sure how 'family' it is. I watch for adults , always have. They have other likable 'Disney' kids on before, but I never voted for one of them.I was always glad when they left. If ABC is fine with pimping her career, so be it
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh heavens, I'm enjoying Val more this year than last year! I am loving how he's teaching and leading on the dance floor. His sexuality is still there, all intact, nobody has emasculated the guy! And yes, it IS a family show, not G but PG so kids under 13 should have parental permission to watch.
    ilja likes this.

BTW from what I've seen of ballroom competitions the youngest dancers only dance with others their same or similar age. They don't pair a ten year old girl with a twenty year old man.
    Yes, and we have seen them dance on this show.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread