+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

The premiere date is Monday, March 18th, with the first results show Tuesday, March 26th.

The AS season was allegedly Derek's last, with Maks and Cheryl both saying they may be taking a break this upcoming season. I won't be surprised to see more troupe members added as pros.

And here is the supposed first confirmed "celeb" (using that term extremely loosely-I never even watched this show and I don't even like her):

Hollywood Here I Come! Emily Maynard Confirmed For New Season Of Dancing With The Stars! | Radar Online

If the show wants to turn the ratings into an upwards swing, I don't think this is the way to go. But I'm not in the businnes, so what do I know. Except when producers are doing damage control.

Other celebs expressing interest in taking part on the show are Olympians Ryan Lochtne (sp?), and members of the Fierce Five gymnastics team (I thought they were the Fab Five?). Jordyn Weiber and Kyla (can't remember her last name) have said they'd love to do the show.

Actor Antonio Sabato jr, Paul Reubens, and actress Stacy Dash have all been campaigning in the past to do the show. Also, I've heard Ann Romney's name in the mix. I know she was in the audience, so I don't know if that's where that rumor is coming from or not.

I'd be all for a reality/political/controversial stunt casting free season, among other things that they could fix. The show seems to tweak the things that don't need it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

omg if Paul's on I hope he goes by Pee Wee.

I'd also love to see George Takei <3
    karalott and Allie like this.

After watching a bunch of athletes put me to sleep on All-Stars, I'm ready to open up all possibilities again for finding contestants. The only criteria should be, "Do they know how to be entertaining?" I don't think Bachelorette contestants fall under that, but Pee Wee Herman sure does.

Interesting quote from a Disney exec about All-Stars:
    ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Contributed To ABC’s Ratings Woes, Exec Says

By DAVID LIEBERMAN, Executive Editor | Wednesday December 5, 2012 @ 2:09pm EST

The season finale “didn’t work out” and symbolized the kinds of ratings troubles that ABC and other major broadcasters have seen recently, Disney CFO Jay Rasulo says. “Most of the networks are down and frankly a lot has to do with single shows” as opposed to troubles at ongoing series, he told the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference. When Dancing With The Stars decided to bring back celebrities from previous seasons “we thought it was a great idea,” Rasulo says. “Turns out people didn’t want to see people who could dance. They wanted people who couldn’t dance. So it’s not easy to be a taste-master in programming a network.” Unlike CBS’ Les Moonves, Rasulo doesn’t blame DVRs for the networks’ troubles. Although DVR penetration is up about 7 percentage points this year, “the number of individuals who are fast-forwarding through ads has declined, so it’s had a net benefit.”

Rasulo also says that video streaming has only had a “minimal” impact on the networks. “I don’t think it’s detracting from the advertising we’re being paid for….[YouTube] is not a place where premium advertisers are spending significant dollars.” Nevertheless, Disney wants advertisers to pay for viewers who watch up to seven days after a show airs — up from three. Rasulo also wants Nielsen to “measure where people consume media.” Still, he says, “at the end of the day, if you have great programming, you have great ratings.”
    I think the suits are finally getting it: DWTS needs fewer stars who take the competition overly seriously, or are looking to use it as a way to build their self-esteem; and more stars who actually know how to be entertaining for a living.
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

If you all hear a loud groan from Charlotte, NC it is me about Emily Maynard doing DWTS. How can we get rid of her from our tv's? Ugh!!!! Maybe she will be voted off early. One can only hope.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    If you all hear a loud groan from Charlotte, NC it is me about Emily Maynard doing DWTS. How can we get rid of her from our tv's? Ugh!!!! Maybe she will be voted off early. One can only hope.
    And here someone thought she was just on a show to find a hubby and settle down. I dont want her face on my screen again, I can FF through all that fake BS
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post

Now you get why I didn't like Melissa...too much reality tv.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Now you get why I didn't like Melissa...too much reality tv.
    I dont think Melissa was as fake and dishonest as EM
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Nooooooooooooo! Emily Maynard on DWTS? Say it isn't so.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Nooooooooooooo! Emily Maynard on DWTS? Say it isn't so.
    I knew that would freak you out!
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I knew that would freak you out!
    Freaked out, and grossed out.

I can see her stiff wooden little body now, glommed onto some pro or other in a barely-there outfit (but I have to be a good role model for my daughter! Please.) and all 96 of her shiny white veneers smiling for the cameras. And her fans will probably keep her on until way too late in the season.

I may be ill.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast