+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Karina was injured and taken to the hospital yesterday. I wonder if she will be able to dance or if another pro will have to step in.

Dancing with the Stars: Karina Question Mark for Semi-Finals after Injury : People.com
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I hope she's okay.

Did anyone else see Carrie Ann on Watch What's Happening Live with Andy Cohel on Bravo last week? OMG. It was difficult to sit through. And though I love Andy, he was sickening in the way he carried on about her. It was like she was this super star that he was in love with. Ugggghhhh........It was bad.

Have you seen video of Carrie Ann with a shaved head dancing with Madonna as a backup dancer? I can't post it here since I think it's you tube.. Ughhh.... honestly. How did she get her job?

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Karina was injured and taken to the hospital yesterday. I wonder if she will be able to dance or if another pro will have to step in.

Dancing with the Stars: Karina Question Mark for Semi-Finals after Injury : People.com
    Wow.

Twisted neck? Dislocated jaw?

I dunno.

But then again, we're talking about Karina, here, so I'd still expect to see her. Unless she REALLY did one helluva number on her neck and jaw.

I agree with the article, though.

If Jacoby winds up having to dance with another pro, it'll be tough.

I sure do hope she's OK, regardless of whether or not she tries to tough it out and dance. I've grown quite fond of her.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope she's okay.

Did anyone else see Carrie Ann on Watch What's Happening Live with Andy Cohel on Bravo last week? OMG. It was difficult to sit through. And though I love Andy, he was sickening in the way he carried on about her. It was like she was this super star that he was in love with. Ugggghhhh........It was bad.

Have you seen video of Carrie Ann with a shaved head dancing with Madonna as a backup dancer? I can't post it here since I think it's you tube.. Ughhh.... honestly. How did she get her job?
    Nope, Debb, missed it.

Since I can't stand CA anyway, that was no great loss.

And if Andy was running up her butt, I'm DOUBLY glad I missed it.

CA and the shaved head?

I remember seeing a few seconds of that.

I was not impressed.

And STILL am not.

As for how she got her job, I'd say only the Good Lord above knows.

SMH.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post

Sean tweeted a few days ago that he and Catherine filled in for Karena and Jacoby at an event in NYC because she was ill. I hope this injury isn't related...that is...she was weak from illness when it happened.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm putting this on the speculation thread, because I just can't decide what order the remaining eliminations should be.

IMO, Jacoby and Aly are neck and neck. I really think Jacoby is a tad better as he has more ease of movement. They can both jump and split well.

Then I compare Zendaya and Kellie. I guess that's a matter of taste, but I do think Kellie is tad better. I guess it will depend on the dance.

Of course, it's really about the votes, right? The order of elimination will be determined by the most votes since all four couples are likely to get great scores. ???

Well since I'm so good at predictions, my order of win is as follows:

MBT: Zendaya and Val
    1st runner-up: Kellie and Derek
    2nd runner-up: Jacoby and Karina
    3rd runner-up: Aly and Mark

Of course, I'm sure the judges are going to try and keep Aly and Mark with their scores but I suspect Jacoby has enough fans to overcome that. And honestly, I'm not sure that Zendaya can garner the votes better than Kellie since Kellie is so well-known and Zen is not. This is probably more my wish list than anything else.
    indy1945 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I have no clue, I don't think the F4 are all deserving of the MBT- but that's not a first. I am just happy for whomever wins- They have all worked hard
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bovado (Vegas) oddsmakers

Zendaya at 2/3 is an implied probability of winning at 60% -unchanged from previous week
    Kellie at 6/5 is an implied probability of winning at 45.45% - that's a slight drop from the previous odds
    Aly at 14/1 is an implied probability of winning at 6.67% - that's the same odds that she had the week previous
    Jacoby at 20/1 is an implied probability of winning at 5.26% - that's also a slight drop from 18/1

As it stands only Zendaya has a better than even odds of winning. or 50% chance. Of course anyone can win, but the oddsmakers are saying Zendaya has the best chance. Bovado has accurately predicted the order in which contestants would go as well.

However, Afterbuzz TV is saying Jacoby, Kellie, Aly, Zendaya in that order. Maybe they are going on past history of Football players vs. Disney kids. For me that would totally suck, since I'm a fan of dancing first, but I've also supported Football players in the past, and I don't think Jacoby has the same sort of hall of fame reputation as previous football winners or even runners up.

One point of contention I think is the so called Judges Choice or redemption dance.

Aly is re-dancing the Samba she got 25 the first time
    Zendaya is re-dancing the Samba she got 26 the first time
    Jacoby is re-dancing the Jive he got 26 the first time

So none of these contestants got a perfect score from any judge so the re-dance is supposed to evaluate if they have improved.

Which is rather interesting because

Kellie is re-dancing the Quickstep, the dance Len called the "dance of the season" and she got a 29. Obviously they only need to convince one judge to give one more point.

I'm curious, why wouldn't the judges have given Aly, Zendaya and Jacoby their higher scoring dances as well?

+ Reply to Thread