+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

I just wish they'd cut Hip Hop completely out of this show.
    It's about as un-ballroom as anything I've seen. It looks like performance to me, but not dancing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Same here .Keep it for SYTYCD.I think the two shows will merge soon
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I feel sorry for whoever gets disco. Even though it's from my time on the dance floor, it is the kiss of death 90% of the time on SYTYCD.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I like hip-hop for freestyles, but making a couple do it before then feels wrong. I also don't envy the pair that gets stuck with Disco. It wasn't good last season either.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Whoever does hip hop, I'll be fast forwarding through it. The rest of them aren't ballroom, but neither is jazz or contemporary. I'd prefer all ballroom, but I can live with the other dances. Hip hop is a no-no.
    nanarama likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

I know Zendaya's Twitter fans will choose whatever she asks them to, but... hope that Team Valdaya decide to challenge themselves with something other than hip hop. 1- as much as I love Val, it isn't his strength,2- I love them to show their detractors the depth of her hard work and talent in mastering styles outside her comfort zone and 3- I can just hear Carrie Ann Inaba in my head, just before she gives them a 9, 'Well, it was good, but as it is your style, I was just expecting, I don't know...something more?'

In defense of hip-hop, as someone who never cared for the dance or the music, I have been extremely surprised at how many hip-hop routines I ended up loving on SYTYCD. Of course that was with a level of dance talent rarely seen on DWTS and with choreographers who routinely choreograph that particular style of dance.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    "Episode 1608 & 1608A" - Six remaining couples take to the dance floor, MONDAY, MAY 6 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on ABC. For the first time this season, each couple will perform two routines in an effort to impress the judges and earn America's votes. In the first round, the couples will perform a traditional ballroom dance in a style that they've not yet done. In the second round, the couples will dance as part of a trio, featuring an eliminated pro or troupe member. In addition, viewers will be called to action on Twitter to choose new dance styles for each couple for the following week of competition. The new styles will include, Afro-Jazz, Disco, Flamenco, Hip-hop, Lindyhop and Charleston.
    I wonder if by reading this it means Zandaya's followers get to choose each couple's dance since she has the most followers. Hard to know with the way it is worded.

I personally liked it better when they just let the couples dance and didn't add all this other stuff to it. I just read on Derek's blog that their main dances are going to be shorter, which is the one that I personally would rather see them spend more time on. I just prefer the regular ballroom dances like they use to have and even though I love SYTYCD I would prefer to enjoy each show separately. jmho Also, in Derek's opinion he didn't care for the Immunity Dance and if I am remembering correctly neither did Mark. I also read that they decided before hand who was dancing with who and discussed it amonst themselves. Mark/Aly and Andy/Sharna wanted the cha cha, Val/Zandaya and Jacoby/Karina wanted jive (one reason being is Zandaya has not had Rumba and both Val and Jacoby love jive. Rumba was left and since Sean/Peta and Ingo/Kym had just had it for their regular dance they were happy. They agreed to go out and pick each other in that matter.

But, does she love that we see his mom more than anyone else
    FM, guess you didn't see my answer regarding this on another thread here. I think they show everyone's family and friends fairly equal on the show. I know you like Catherine from The Bachelor and she was in last week's package. I personally don't care, or mind, but yet I have read many comments saying we see much to much of her. People saying they are sick of the whole thing and enough already. You or others may think Jacoby's mom is shown to much, and others think Catherine or this one or that one is shown to much. I'm sure you heard Jake's comment on After Buzz regarding Catherine/Peta and the Rumba package. It was just his opinion and when you have a show being discussed by different panel members not everyone is going to share the same opinion. They didn't all share the same opinions as Shirley Ballas and some of the scores given to various celebs as well as other aspects of the show. I just take it with a grain of salt and figure that's what makes the world go round. People on different sites, people just watching from home, and not on a site, are all entitled to have their own opinion. Doesn't make any of us right or any of us wrong.

Regarding Jacoby's mom since Shirley loves her and thinks it's adorable how she and Len have their friendly little encounter and speaks her mind to Len I guess the answer is in my opinion I guess she does love it.

Regarding Jacoby's mom since Shirley loves her and thinks it's adorable how she and Len have their friendly little encounter and speaks her mind to Len I guess the answer is in my opinion I guess she does love it
    It was fun at fun at first, now his mum is on every week. z
    It is boring ( for me) and as predicable as booing Len.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

^ I agree, and I am afraid it is opening the door for the families and audience to scream and yell whenever they want to- not a good thing to start...

+ Reply to Thread