+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Ingo's on General Hospital, which means he has a huge fan base! Some really crappy dancers who were soap stars have stayed in way past their expiration dates. Since he can actually dance, I'd assume he's there for quite a while and hardly an underdog!
    I used to think that, too. Of course, his lack of support might also be due to the fact that he is really a former soap star instead of a current one but that didn't really help Kelly Monaco last year.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I used to think that, too. Of course, his lack of support might also be due to the fact that he is really a former soap star instead of a current one but that didn't really help Kelly Monaco last year.
    I think it totally helped Kelly last season. I don't think she should have gotten anywhere as far as the finale. Her fans carried her WAAAAAAY further than she ever should have gone.

I think Kelly improved tremendously over her first season, and despite the showmance thing, Val had some great choreography (my favorite was their Paso Doble) and she became a contender after that dance. Also their Rumba was gorgeous and should have got some tens, it was far superior to what Shawn could manage, and Melissa didn't even do the Rumba, she was apparently too frightened to take it on.
    BTW likes this.

Bodog posted their betting odds for week 3

Zendaya and Val. 7/4
    Kellie and Derek 5/2
    Jacoby and Karina 4/1
    Aly and Mark 5/1
    Ingo and Kym 16/1
    Sean and Peta 16/1
    DL and Cheryl 75/1
    Andy and Sharna 75/1
    Victor and Lindsay 75/1
    Wynonna and Tony 75/1
    Lisa and Greb 100/1

So this means that IF the finals were held today Zendaya is the favorite and Kellie very close to her. Jacoby is still very strong, but Aly is slowly inching her way down, which is a little surprising given her week 1 hype. Lisa is at the bottom. However, it doesn't mean that she would be the most in danger of being voted off, just that she is the longshot to win. I've read boards and they don't seem to get that concept. Anyone of 75/1 longshots are also in danger at this point. Personally I'm not convinced that Wynonna would be this low, since she has a strong fan base. However, based on the dancing she's definitely not strong and she is placed well down the leader board, which makes sense since she's no where as strong as Ingo or Sean. But that longshot standing could mean that even though her fans adore her, they don't bet on her to win.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 03-31-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Bodog posted Week 4 odds

Dancing With The Stars Season 16 - Odds to Win

Zendaya Coleman 8/5
    Kellie Pickler 2/1
    Jacoby Jones 3/1
    Aly Raisman 15/2
    Ingo Rademacher 25/1
    Sean Lowe 25/1
    Victor Ortiz 75/1
    Andy Dick 100/1
    D.L. Hughley 100/1
    Lisa Vanderpump 100/1

Zendaya is holding in the lead with an 8/5 shot at the title, Kellie is still hot on her heels at 2/1 and Jacoby is also very strong at 3/1 odds. The perception is the race is tightening up for these three contenders.

Aly dipped slightly again now she's down at 15/2 or 7.5/1, however there are many who feel that this week's contemporary dance will play to her strengths and the theme of the week should be inspirational, bringing her back up the ladder.

Then there's the rest of the pack, Ingo, Sean have dropped to 25/1 but it's still early and they can reverse that trend with strong performances. Victor is still at 75/1 odds, unchanged from last week. He's not getting the bets to win. Lucky for him the strong performance and judges scores helped him to stay in.

Rounding out the bottom are Andy, DL and Lisa..All the bookies feel these three have virtually no chance of winning the mirrorball. Andy should get a boost this week with fan support because as he was determined to be in the real bottom 2, He'll need votes to remain viable and fans will vote for the underdog. Lisa emerged out of the bottom 2 last week, but she still could find herself at the bottom this week if she puts in a lack lustre performance. The dramatic confrontation between Len and DL may in fact buy him another week, as his fans tend to rally for this situation.

So if you have a feeling that the longshots have a shot, now is the time to place your bets.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-04-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Week 5 Betting Odds

Zendaya Coleman
    8/5

Kellie Pickler
    2/1

Jacoby Jones
    13/4

Aly Raisman
    5/1

Ingo Rademacher
    33/1

Sean Lowe
    33/1

Andy Dick
    100/1

D.L. Hughley
    100/1

Victor Ortiz
    100/1

Zendaya and Kellie, despite not being the top scorers remain 1 and 2 respectively. Jacoby is inching up from 3/1 last week, and Aly made some inroads back moving from 15/2 up to 5/1. Ingo and Sean continue to drop now a long shot at 33/1 They will each need to do something to make them memorable very soon or they may be under the red light. Andy, DL and Victor round out the bottom. While Andy has won people's hearts, he was true bottom 2 week 2 so he'll need to continue to gain fans. DL hasn't been in the bottom yet, but he could have been lower than anticipated. For example, he could have been in the bottom 3 but was saved and they switched Andy in there, again to keep up the voting for Andy and lull the DL voters into not voting. Victor is on a downward spiral, this is the second time he has been in the true bottom 2. Usually there's a fan save the first time, and he was saved by a withdrawl and a fan save. It's going to be more and more difficult to justify his saves.

@DancingABC posted picture clues as to who is dancing what tomorrow.

It looks like Andy and Sharna will be dancing (Cha Cha?) to "Signed Sealed Delivered" -

And Sean and Peta will be Samba'ing to " I Wish"

Both Andy and Sean have SAMBA this week according to Aly's blog
    Dancing's Aly Raisman: "I Want to Do This for Boston" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Zendaya and Val are dancing their Cha Cha First on Monday. this may also mean that Team Paso dances before Team Samba, so that Team Paso members have enough time to change.

FORT Regular

I didn't read Aly's blog, but that might be about last week because she did the Samba last week.
    Aly and Mark are dancing the foxtrot this week, although they are on the Samba team dance.
    Aly also tweeted that she and mark are dancing first this week.

+ Reply to Thread