+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I read something about DWTS and the bachelor/bachelorette franchise That's why Emily was supposed to do DWTS, but she sort of faded into the background, so I think they sign these people PDQ , because they have followers - one show leads to another. It failed with fake Jake, but Sean's not so abrasive I think he will do okay for a few shows. He's already admitted he can't dance.

I think we will see more of this, it also looks like more AI alumni will be dancing.
    Makes sense since it airs in the same time slot. I think they do well if they are liked. Remember, Melissa placed third her season and won All-Stars. Jake was not liked - and his fakeness couldn't translate to win him additional fans. I think if Sean can dance, he will do well. I think both he and Ingo are attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    As far as Derek is concerned, I do find him to be an excellent dancer and choreographer as well as entertaining to watch. However, until he has been challenged with a truly inept partner, as every other pro has been, I won't crown him as "the best." He also does tend to break the rules of ballroom dance, which I'll admit the show both encourages and discourages depending on who is doing it.

I support Maks for walking away after the way the show has treated him. I like him and will miss his dancing, but I wish him well and hope he finds success elsewhere.
    Oh, ABSOLUTELY!

I specifically qualified what I said by saying "(arguably) the best". Because Derek HASN'T ever had to face the partner challenges that pretty much most of the REST of the pros have had to face at one time, or another. Hell, even JULIANNE got stuck with Carolla, and WHO was that other baby she got saddled with where she was just about ready to tear her hair out during rehearsal because he couldn't even focus enough to get serious and stop playing around?

And yep, Derek IS a straight-up rule-breaker, when it suits him to do so. Then, IF he gets called out for it, he wants to either try to charm his way out of getting nailed by trying to justify why he did what he did, or drag out the dog-tired: "Well, the FANS liked it, and we're dancing for THEM!" banner and starts waving it around as a smokescreen, or just gets flat-out pissed when he DOES get called out and starts pointing the finger at what OTHERS (in his opinion) are doing, or HAVE done wrong.

Looking forward to what he'll put on the floor, I am. But I don't have blinders on, and I'm no fool, either.

He HASN'T had a partner who is REALLY challenged, dancewise. And yep, when it suits him, he DOES and WILL break the rules. Then try to cover his ass IF he gets called out for doing it. Which to me ARE cardinal sins, on his part (i.e., doing it in the FIRST place, then trying to justify it or getting pissed about getting nailed for doing it in the SECOND place).

So no, in no way would I ever intentionally refer to him outright as the "best" dancer/choreographer. And good as he is, what we've both pointed out will always keep from clearly being called "the best".

Unless he and/or TPTB change their ways.

PERMANENTLY.

And frankly, I don't think that's gonna happen in this lifetime.

Because, HE won't, and THEY won't, either.

Like I said, he's got a REAL good gig goin' on on DWTS.

Maks?

No, much as I'll miss seeing him, I don't blame him at all for saying: "I'm OUTTA here!".

Just like I don't blame dear Edyta for doing the same.

Still miss her, but she had to do what she had to do.

I wouldn't've continued to stick around and get dumped on if I were her, either.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think Maks should stop dating the other pros on the show( he also dated Julianne as well didn't he?) goodness, so many ex's on this one show.I think he will be back to DWTS, if not, the show will go on.I wont miss him, I find him boring, even if it his show.

Makes sense since it airs in the same time slot. I think they do well if they are liked. Remember, Melissa placed third her season and won All-Stars. Jake was not liked - and his fakeness couldn't translate to win him additional fans. I think if Sean can dance, he will do well. I think both he and Ingo are attractive.
    It does make sense, as I posted - Sean doesn't have the abrasive personality some others have had. Emily was apparently going to sign up, but that was when she was in the news, I gather they have to sign them and have them dance while they are still on the show.It remains to be seen how good he will be. He says he cant dance.

I am just pleased Derek is there, and I don't care if he breaks the rules - never have. .I love his choreography and watch it because of that.As to his partners- Kellie has never danced.I will be interested to see what he does, he makes anyone look good If I didn't like him- I would just FF like I do for most of them
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maks was engaged to Karena. After they broke up (he took it hard) he did a stint on the Ukrainian version of The Bachelor.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Then he dated Peta, he also dated Derek's sister for a short while . I don't think that's a good idea imho
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it's up to them if they want to date each other. They are consenting adults and I don't have a problem with it or with any people dating within the workplace. It's where I met my husband. A good percentage of professional ballroom dancers are married couples, so I doubt it's uncommon for them to date.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think it's up to them if they want to date each other. They are consenting adults and I don't have a problem with it or with any people dating within the workplace. It's where I met my husband. A good percentage of professional ballroom dancers are married couples, so I doubt it's uncommon for them to date.
    Yes that's true. It just doesn't make for an nice environment when one is still pining after the other. Jmho
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes that's true. It just doesn't make for an nice environment when one is still pining after the other. Jmho
    I hear and understand what you're saying, Fanny. I guess I just look at it from the perspective of someone who has done some acting for a good part of my life. The situation you describe might surely be less than comfortable, but they are professionals and should know or learn how to handle it. Lots of formerly married or otherwise coupled actors have to work together in romantic roles after separating. A current example would be Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang Theory.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hope there will be enough people watching to do a pool again. I have to defend my title from last season!

I'll have to start a thread for it pretty soon to get an idea about how many people might want to play.
    Your pools are such fun. I think I can manager to find four couples I can put on my team without cringing, so if you decide to do it, you can count me in, even if I do fast forward through a lot of it.

I hear and understand what you're saying, Fanny. I guess I just look at it from the perspective of someone who has done some acting for a good part of my life. The situation you describe might surely be less than comfortable, but they are professionals and should know or learn how to handle it. Lots of formerly married or otherwise coupled actors have to work together in romantic roles after separating. A current example would be Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang Theory.
    Hi Florimel. You are right- and in the end, they placed themselves in that position . I keep in mind this is a reality show. I think they each have their thing, and ABC likes it that way

Mark is OTT, if he wasn't, well as I posted above who would everyone hate? I see a little of Marks dancing in Henry and actually in Val, all a little OTT.

Derek, well he is down as the rule breaker, that isn't going to change and I don't think the show wants him to.( he would be off the show, if that were so) It doesn't matter what the judges say

Tony, Tony is the good guy( he never used to be) he won, so will he win again? Melissa was one heck of a partner, and she worked her butt off. That is what is needed, not just a fan base.

The judges, they will say the same things, and the only one I really listen to is Len. The singers will ruin the songs, and the judges will say how great they are
    I watch because I like dance of every kind.If Derek left, the show would go on, same with Maks. Maks fans are obviously pissed, but on a couple of forums, they said right up until a week ago he was on this show. It could of been the partner he was given or it could of been what they all think they are worth- more money
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread