+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Hmmmmmm . . .

Wonder how many of Lisa's costumes will be pink?

AND I wonder how many numbers we'll see Giggy featured in?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Hmmmmmm . . .

Wonder how many of Lisa's costumes will be pink?

AND I wonder how many numbers we'll see Giggy featured in?
    All of them.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    All of them.
    Yep.

That's about what I THOUGHT!

Fanny Mare likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well, I am sorry for Maks fans he is not back, but you shouldn't have to wait long to see him on TV. Apparently he is filming General Hospital tomorrow.

Val was supposed to come back to dance with Kelly Monaco's character for the Nurses Ball anniversary event, and play a role in a story too about her finding her father, but Maks was slated to fill in if Val couldn't do it. I don't think it's clear if Maks is just on for the dancing or the whole thing yet. That is what I am gleaning from reading the GH sites.

In terms of this cast... Thrilled with Aly, yet really unhappy she got stuck with Mark. Love Dorothy and happy she is with Tristan. Ingo played one of the few non-mobster/killer male characters on GH for years, so I automatically loved him! I'm excited he's on there and thrilled Kym is back and with him.

Pickler grated on my nerves to no end on Idol, but over the years she has grown on me in a more mildly annoying yet amusing comedy schtick sort of way. She and Derek should be fun to watch, anyway.

The rest I either can't stand (Andy Dick), don't know (D.L. Hughley; Victor Ortiz; Zendaya Coleman), or don't care about (Lisa Vanderpump; Wynonna Judd; Jacoby Jones).
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    This may have already been answered - but yes, apparently Sean will be the 12th. His show is still airing, which is why they didn't announce him officially. From spoilers I have seen, Peta will be his partner.
    There is a prominent blogger who has been for the most part considerably accurate with inside info who says that Bachelor Sean will indeed be announced as part of the DWTS cast during the After the Final Rose Show. The blogger stated that Sean would be part of the cast some time ago, and his opinion (only) is that Sean would participate as a cast member if for no other reason than for the exposure and name recognition. Apparently, Sean has recently started his own business to go along with his other career, and the exposure obviously would help both of his endeavors. It also goes without saying that the barebones starting pay of $125 K even if he is the first eliminated ( and we do know that figure is correct from several seasons ago) would also help with his new business.
    That could help to explain why someone who ordinarily might not be interested in a dance show might view such an endeavor in a different perspective.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-01-2013 at 10:39 AM.

I read something about DWTS and the bachelor/bachelorette franchise That's why Emily was supposed to do DWTS, but she sort of faded into the background, so I think they sign these people PDQ , because they have followers - one show leads to another. It failed with fake Jake, but Sean's not so abrasive I think he will do okay for a few shows. He's already admitted he can't dance.

I think we will see more of this, it also looks like more AI alumni will be dancing.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I couldn't wait for this season to start however with the list of contestants there is absolutely no one I care enough for to even bother to tune in. No Maks...I'm out.
    See you all in the fall.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

General off-the-top-of-the-head thoughts:

DEREK

Well, well, well. Will wonders never cease? I wonder if he sat down and had a little "Come to Jesus" talk with himself and came to the conclusion that now just might NOT be a good time to start digging around in another spot in the yard for possible buried treasure? I mean, crass as it might be to say it, facts are facts: Buddy's got it GOOD on DWTS. OR, I wonder if perhaps TPTB waved enough filthy lucre in front of him that he'd've needed to've been taken out back and shot like a rabid dog if he'd just said "No!" to returning this season? Again, crass as it might be to say it: Money TALKS and BS WALKS.

Even though I don't care for the oh-so-obvious Golden Boy adoration from TPTB, I've been fair enough all along to acknowledge that Derek is (arguably) the best dancer/choreographer ON the show. So, wimp that I am, I'm going to love to see what he'll come up with. I'd like to THINK that the stroking, etc., of Big D won't be as usually obvious as it normally is this time around.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath that that'll be the case, either.

MAKS

Yes. I'll admit it. I was damn near prostrate with grief for almost a full 24 hours after the cast list was released, and MAKS' NAME WAS NOT ON IT!!!!!!! But, I'm a brick. I've picked myself up, dusted myself off, and am going to try to face this Maks-less season bravely, with shoulders back and head held high.

Sometimes, I suppose, when you get kicked in the teeth enough and even standing up for yourself and your partner (or ATTEMPTING to, anyway) doesn't seem to be working worth a damn, the best thing TO do is turn around and walk away. After all, I think it's very reasonable to think and believe (sometimes, at least) that one's water isn't missed until their well runs dry. So maybe Maks' absence this season will be a wake-up call for TPTB. Even if it isn't, it's not like the man'll be standing on a street corner shaking a cup, or pushing a pilfered grocery store cart around.

Note to Maks:

PLEASE HURRY UP AND COME BACK! WE'RE TRYING TO BE BIG, BRAVE GIRLS AND UNDERSTAND AND GENUINELY WISH YOU WELL FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR COLLECTIVE HEART! BUT ALWAYS KNOW THAT WE LOVE AND WILL MISS YOU, FOR NOW (HOPEFULLY!), AND ARE UNASHAMEDLY WAITING WITH BATED BREATH UNTIL YOU RETURN!!!!!!!

That is all.

Just a couple general thoughts.
    Last edited by ness; 03-01-2013 at 02:39 PM.

As far as Derek is concerned, I do find him to be an excellent dancer and choreographer as well as entertaining to watch. However, until he has been challenged with a truly inept partner, as every other pro has been, I won't crown him as "the best." He also does tend to break the rules of ballroom dance, which I'll admit the show both encourages and discourages depending on who is doing it.

I support Maks for walking away after the way the show has treated him. I like him and will miss his dancing, but I wish him well and hope he finds success elsewhere.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hope there will be enough people watching to do a pool again. I have to defend my title from last season!

I'll have to start a thread for it pretty soon to get an idea about how many people might want to play.

+ Reply to Thread