+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    She had shaved her head for a friend who has cancer...how sweet is she?!

She is one of the few I'm looking forward too! Along with Dorothy, Jacoby, DL, & Ingo!

The rest? Meh! I know Zendaya can dance, but she seems young for Val...might've been a better fit for Tristan! She is the star on Shake It Up on the Disney channel...Roshon plays her older brother in that show.

And I feel sorry for the new pro stuck with Andy Dick...what a welcome to the show!
    I had to look up Ingo! very nice
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

They keep giving Tristan the more mature female stars, but at least this time, he got someone who should be able to move. I know Dorothy's had some health issues that might affect her flexibility, but she's also skating with Stars on Ice this season, and even thirty-seven years after her Olympic win, she's still so popular that she's the signature skater on the SOI posters, even with Kurt Browning skating his final season with SOI this year. My point is that Dorothy would have to be in better shape than Nancy Grace or Gladys Knight, and she's used to training and choreography, which is a plus. In addition, she's a determined person without being difficult. Oh, yeah, and she's popular, even beyond the sometimes insular world of figure skating. So maybe Tristan will get to stick around a while this season with a partner who can actually do some decent choreography.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In thinking about Kellie Pickler, with all the seasons both AI and DWTS have between them, I'm surprised that she's the first one from the show to cross over. Wonder if we'll see more Idol alums take the floor in the future.

Tilden, I agree with you about Dorothy and this becoming Tristan's "type" (which is why I think he's becoming the new Tony-I guarantee the day Dina Lohan or Octomom gets cast poor Tristan will be having to drag those trainwrecks across the floor). Maybe he'll snap like Tony did with Kate and say in his adorable Irish accent that he quits. I'm just glad he's part of the season. I worry Tristan may go the way of the more subdued pros.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    So the 12th "star" must the bachelor guy. Do we know who will be his partner? Can we lobby to have Chelsie back? Rather than being bitter that they picked him maybe I should watch The Bachelor finale ... BUT THAT IS JUST WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO....

Otherwise, the cast looks pretty average, no better or worse than most seasons. At least none of them are politicians or represent some controversial cause that will stir up the forum, so maybe it is better than average. Of course I don't know who most of these people are so maybe I'm speaking too soon...

The Disney cross-over is always annoying but I think they should at least set a minimum age of 18!

Based on the names alone I know only 3. Thanks to Google I somewhat recognize half the cast; the other half are complete unknowns to me even after looking them up on Google.

My biggest disappointment is that Type Casting continues--Derek gets a contender, Tony gets the least likely to contend, Mark gets the gymnast. I feel bad for Aly.
    This may have already been answered - but yes, apparently Sean will be the 12th. His show is still airing, which is why they didn't announce him officially. From spoilers I have seen, Peta will be his partner.

I was wishing Derek got Dorothy Hamill. I'm old enough to remember the '76 Olympics when she became a household name. Now she's 30+ years older, and while she's still in good shape, people wouldn't have complained as much about Derek getting another "ringer" etc. etc. -- but I bet she'll be really good.
    NFL1 and Shoepie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Well, I'm pretty much done with this show. Not surprised about Maks' departure but as disappointing as the casting (token Disney show kid; token football player; token Olympians; token reality show freaks...), all these new no-name pros. Guess my Monday and Tuesday nights have just opened up.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Regular

Well I seem to be in the minority here...but I'm actually more excited for this cast than I have been for any previous cast. For the first time I actually know of/have heard of all but one of the celebs (except during the all star season). The only one I didn't know was Ingo.
    In seasons past I've literally only known of 3 or 4 stars max so the fact that I know 10 out of 11 is pretty amazing and I'm excited to watch this season.
    I'll definitely be rooting for Aly and Mark. I like Kellie and Derek too. And Dorthy and Tristan---those are my primarily favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    Well I seem to be in the minority here...but I'm actually more excited for this cast than I have been for any previous cast. For the first time I actually know of/have heard of all but one of the celebs (except during the all star season). The only one I didn't know was Ingo.
    In seasons past I've literally only known of 3 or 4 stars max so the fact that I know 10 out of 11 is pretty amazing and I'm excited to watch this season.
    I'll definitely be rooting for Aly and Mark. I like Kellie and Derek too. And Dorthy and Tristan---those are my primarily favorites!
    I just saw them all online, they were interviewed. Kellie seemed really nervous, she hasn't danced before .Mark and Aly look like Brother and sister. Tristan looked very happy , same with Tony I cant post the link here, but they are cute interviews
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm pretty much unimpressed with the cast. Most I don't even know who they are. Many I don't care. Only a few I'd actually like to watch.
    I'll probably watch the first episode & decide if I'm hooked or will pass.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

After looking online, I think this might be a neat group after all
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread