+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Apparently I was wrong about Maks being in, so if I really needed a reason to sit out this season, here it is (one Chmerkovskiy is no longer enough for me-especially if the original isn't there )

Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- I'm DONE with 'Dancing with the Stars' | TMZ.com
    Maks is really the only reason I watch this show.

I thought he had one more year on his contract.
    karalott likes this.

He has said all this before, although I will do a if he does leave. I doubt very much he will get another gig thats as good as this one. Maybe its not good to keep dating all these others on the show? tsk tsk
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Apparently I was wrong about Maks being in, so if I really needed a reason to sit out this season, here it is (one Chmerkovskiy is no longer enough for me-especially if the original isn't there )

Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- I'm DONE with 'Dancing with the Stars' | TMZ.com
    Maks was on Access Hollywood tonight. He said he didn't know who is partner was yet & that and he hoped there wouldn't be any drama. Didn't sound like he was leaving anytime soon

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Maks was on Access Hollywood tonight. He said he didn't know who is partner was yet & that and he hoped there wouldn't be any drama. Didn't sound like he was leaving anytime soon
    He did say he had one more year and then was leaving; maybe he's just taking this season off. Something else might have come up. If it's a better opporunity, I say go for it. Might as well while DWTS still has some sort of credibility to help get your foot in the door with whatever you want to pursue.

I wonder what happened to Derek and Cheryl taking this season off? Derek said at first he was completely done, then just done for this season, and now here he is. Cheryl hinted she wanted a break.

More news on the pro front: Sharna Burgess of the troupe is in, rumor has it Henry from the troupe is also in, and that Peta is out as well. I'm going to guess Louis is also out this season. With 12 couples, we have:

Males: Tony, Derek, Val, and Henry (unknown of the regulars is Tristan and Mark, although I'd be shocked-but happy-if Spatz was intentionally left out). Maks was going to take part in his last season of his contract, but something seemed to change. I hope it's all a publicity rumor created by the show.

Females: Cheryl, Lindsey (SYTYCD fame), Sharna. Haven't seen any confirmation on Karina anywhere. Kym, Anna, and Chelsie are out.

With 12 couples, we're still missing 3 female pros and 2 male pros. As much as I love and adore Tony, I'm surprised that TPTB are bringing him back this season. It seems like if they'd choose to sideline anyone when it looks like they are overhauling the pro line up to a more theatrical, younger group, they'd get rid of him. I wouldn't be surprised if we have all of the veterans who have been with the show since the first 3 seasons gone in the fall. At least there's one plus, but I really hope the new pros concentrate on their celebs, and don't pull a Mark Ballas where they put the attention all on themselves. I think the days of getting yourself famous on this show as a pro are long gone. Never liked Henry in the troupe; definitely too much 'look at me' but I actually enjoyed him last season when he did the 3-way dance with Melissa and Tony. Sharna I always liked. Seemed more like a legit ballroom rebel. Don't know the SYTYCD girl.

Oh no, Anna and Chelsie are out? There goes my fave 2 female pros. Was there a reason given?

FYI, one of the soap reporters said Friday that another General Hospital star is on the cast for this season. Kelly Monaco and Val had a fan event tonight (and another one tomorrow), and allegedly Kelly said it's a female.

Rumors on the soap sites are it's either Finola Hughes or Nancy Lee Grahn.

If I were to guess, I would have thought it would be Genie Francis since she has wanted to do the show and is buds with Tom, but since as of now she is only back on GH for 3 months, she may not have had the time to do it.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Oh no, Anna and Chelsie are out? There goes my fave 2 female pros. Was there a reason given?

FYI, one of the soap reporters said Friday that another General Hospital star is on the cast for this season. Kelly Monaco and Val had a fan event tonight (and another one tomorrow), and allegedly Kelly said it's a female.

Rumors on the soap sites are it's either Finola Hughes or Nancy Lee Grahn.

If I were to guess, I would have thought it would be Genie Francis since she has wanted to do the show and is buds with Tom, but since as of now she is only back on GH for 3 months, she may not have had the time to do it.
    I don't know how much of a role she has on GH anymore, but I would love to see Rebecca Herbst do the show. She was actually a favorite of mine from one of my favorite shows back in the day, Space Cases which aired on Nick. Genie Francis I could get behind. So far, if any of the above names are true, not a very exciting line up. No reason on Anna or Chelsie. I guess they just needed to make room for the newbies . I find Cheryl boring, stale, and a little arrogant, so I wish they has gotten rid of her. She used to be one of my all time favorite pros and choreographers but since season 9 she's gone downhill. I don't even feel like she's trying.

Lindsay (SYTYCD) is one of the Utah ballroom blonds from last year. Other DWTS pros have made a big deal about the ballroom training and talent in Utah, so I'm not surprised. At least those who watch SYTYCD will recognize her.

Her photobucket photo is gone, but here is her bio piece from that show.

Lindsay Arnold currently lives in her hometown of Provo, Utah where she was born and raised. Lindsay just recently graduated from Timpview High School and plans to attend Utah Valley University. She has been dancing since she was 4 years old and her specialty is Latin Ballroom.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really liked her. I remember when Cole and her did 'Gravity' I guess its nice to have a new face because the rest will be the same old same old.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't really care for any troupe members, so it doesn't excite me that any of them have been bumped up to pro status.

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Lacey and kind of wish she would make a return!

So, is Derek leaving after this season? I thought last season was it for him? Oh well, this cast isn't seeming to intriguing anyways. Hopefully they nab a good football player cause that is basically always who I end up rooting for in the Spring season!

+ Reply to Thread