+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Really. Can we look that up? I would like to see the landslide.
    Tony said that he was told that, why would he would lie.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Tony said that he was told that, why would he would lie.
    Where did I say he lied,? I said I would like to look it up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I am one of those who think that ABC would be insane to fudge the vote. All it would take is one disgruntled employee to blow the whistle and their biggest money making show gets discredited. There is far too much money at stake for ABC to risk such a stupid move. What would they get anyway - a little more drama? The show has plenty of that already. As I demonstrated up-thread the vote is in the hands of the viewers on this show - and we all know what a fickle lot they can be. The judges are actually a lot more consistent than the viewers and their sentiments. The biggest effect the producers have is the dance selection, the song selection, and the dance order. That effect should not be minimized.

I think the biggest effect the judges have (based on the way they cluster all the contestants together with their scores) is to influence the voting public with their comments. Note: this can go both ways. If the judges point out blatant rule breaking and the audience agrees then the couple breaking the rules gets slammed in the viewer voting. If the judges are unfair in their remarks (lift police, etc.) then the viewers will often rally to the aid of the celebrity that they feel was unfairly criticized. I actually think that Len has the most effect on viewers' votes because I think most viewers have more respect for him than they do for the gesticulating clowns who sit on either side of him.
    Your post reminded me of something I was thinking when the show was going on and Derek was talking about breaking the rules anyhow. The thought occurred to me that just maybe he was trying to generate fan support by getting the judges to underscore them (with the penalties thrown in) and influencing the voters to get angry with the judges and vote for them anyway. If this board's responses are any indication, it would seem that backfired as many posters here have talked negatively about them breaking the rules. Then again, we don't always seem to be representative of the voting majority, just occasionally.

+ Reply to Thread