+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    But the show is Dancing With the Stars, not Dancing with the Pros! The focus should be on bringing non-dancing celebrities (although there's a lot of debate about the non-dancing part since some of them have past dancing experience) up to the level of a professional dancer. The pros can't do that if they themselves are unfamiliar with a dance or have little experience in it.

When I want to watch professional dancers, I tune in to the international dance championships, dancesport, or dancing reality shows like So You Think You Can Dance.

BTW, I haven't seen the dance championships on tv for many years. I don't know if I'm just missing them when they're on or if they're not televised anymore. I used to be able to catch them on Georgia public television, although I live in Florida.
    Some people dont care how the star dances and they continue to vote for the pro. I like Derek, but I haven't voted for him if I didn't like who he was dancing with. Everyone is different I guess.

I haven't seen much ballroom dancing on TV lately either( and I have looked )

But then they dont have dance central on..LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    But the show is Dancing With the Stars, not Dancing with the Pros! The focus should be on bringing non-dancing celebrities (although there's a lot of debate about the non-dancing part since some of them have past dancing experience) up to the level of a professional dancer. The pros can't do that if they themselves are unfamiliar with a dance or have little experience in it.

When I want to watch professional dancers, I tune in to the international dance championships, dancesport, or dancing reality shows like So You Think You Can Dance.

BTW, I haven't seen the dance championships on tv for many years. I don't know if I'm just missing them when they're on or if they're not televised anymore. I used to be able to catch them on Georgia public television, although I live in Florida.
    I am one of those who think that ABC would be insane to fudge the vote. All it would take is one disgruntled employee to blow the whistle and their biggest money making show gets discredited. There is far too much money at stake for ABC to risk such a stupid move. What would they get anyway - a little more drama? The show has plenty of that already. As I demonstrated up-thread the vote is in the hands of the viewers on this show - and we all know what a fickle lot they can be. The judges are actually a lot more consistent than the viewers and their sentiments. The biggest effect the producers have is the dance selection, the song selection, and the dance order. That effect should not be minimized.

I think the biggest effect the judges have (based on the way they cluster all the contestants together with their scores) is to influence the voting public with their comments. Note: this can go both ways. If the judges point out blatant rule breaking and the audience agrees then the couple breaking the rules gets slammed in the viewer voting. If the judges are unfair in their remarks (lift police, etc.) then the viewers will often rally to the aid of the celebrity that they feel was unfairly criticized. I actually think that Len has the most effect on viewers' votes because I think most viewers have more respect for him than they do for the gesticulating clowns who sit on either side of him.
    ness, Shoepie, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.

Tony said on Wendy Williams last night that they won the vote by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Tony said on Wendy Williams last night that they won the vote by a landslide.
    I wonder how he would know.
    -Andy Rooney-

They share the percentages after the fact. It's just like how we found out the Gilles lost to Shawn by less than 1% in S8.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They share the percentages after the fact. It's just like how we found out the Gilles lost to Shawn by less than 1% in S8.
    Really? I never knew this! I wonder what the % was between Melissa & Shawn?????

Really. Can we look that up? I would like to see the landslide.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think they release the info officially, at least I've never heard of it. But it comes out in drips, like when Tom mentions how close the S8 results were on the show, or as anectodal info in news articles or tweets or whatnot.

But I doubt there's a page at ABC.com with a full breakdown of numbers for each finale. I think someone here would have found it by now.
    luvlady345, Coco46 and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I don't think they release the info officially, at least I've never heard of it. But it comes out in drips, like when Tom mentions how close the S8 results were on the show, or as anectodal info in news articles or tweets or whatnot.

But I doubt there's a page at ABC.com with a full breakdown of numbers for each finale. I think someone here would have found it by now.
    So, I cant see the landslide then. fair enough Thanks MFW
    -Andy Rooney-

Wouldn't it be rude of ABC to publish that that the winners won by a landslide? Like, "Shawn and Derek, people didn't like you that well. The vote wasn't even CLOSE!"

I can see them telling Tony and Melissa and them letting it slip, however, in a "Golly, Gee Whiz! People really loved us!?!" sort of way.
    KrazeeKy07 and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread