+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Pikachu I am basically the same size as Shawn & am constantly told to eat something. My size 2 jeans are falling down because I forgot to wear a belt. She is not chubby...Kirstie...why didn't she have the dramatic weight loss like she did in her previous season? I honestly don't care about how much or what size anyone is.
    OTOH I now know I am not as graceful as Shawn given the fact that I fell 4 times in our parking lot at work yesterday. I bruised my tailbone & broke my wrist. You should have saw me trying to bend down & feed my cats.
    Ooooh, Bunny . . .

Having suffered a bruised tailbone, mine throbbed in sympathy with your abused posterior. Never had a broken wrist, but I grieve for you in THAT regard, especially!

And, yes, I'm sorry, but I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall to have seen you trying to feed your fuzzy babies!

I mean, only a pal will tell you straight up, huh?

My throbs and thoughts are with you, and I'm jealous, because I haven't seen a size 2 since Moses parted the Red Sea.

I remember it fondly.

Those were the good old days!
    jucamer likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

DancingDad . . .

WONDERED where you'd been. Missed seeing your insightful/thoughtful posts!

Looking forward to seeing/hearing from you next season!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The F3 were on the View. Neat to see them dance in their plain clothes ( no tan , no oil etc) They all did very well, on little to no sleep
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    No way Melissa won this without and assist from ABC. Hmm I smell a skunk. Hopefully I will never have to see her face again. Yeah she can take Bristol and get lost.
    It really came down to the fan votes at the end since they were very close in judge's scores. The popular thinking was that Shawn had far more fans, but was that really true? If you look at this forum no one has commented on Shawn's thread for 3 weeks! In season 8 she was in her prime of fan support having just finished an olympics but this time the focus was "I didn't make the olympics so I'm going to win this!" Not only was her built-in fan base smaller this time around, but they (Derek & Shawn) did a few things that didn't help earn any new votes, like breaking the rules and acting like it didn't matter and going so heavy on the gynmastics. Inviting the fab 5 to the final was probably counter productive since it looked like ABC was pulling out all the stops to give Shawn the win. (Imagine if Melissa had invited some of her cowboy cheerleaders to join her final, or Kelly invited General Hospital stars to dance with her!)

And although Shawn is a good dancer, she wasn't really much better this season than she was season 8. Melissa, on the hand, clearly improved from her season 8 performances.

So I don't see much manipulation from ABC aside from their usual tweaks (dance order, etc) and the judge's usual biases.

It is interesting that Tom didn't give any hint about whether the final scores were close. Either the scores were very close and ABC didn't want to announce that fact (perhaps not wanting to throw it in Derek's face) or the scores were not close at all and Melissa won by a comfortable margin.
    combatcutie, Kip, Tobi and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    It really came down to the fan votes at the end since they were very close in judge's scores. The popular thinking was that Shawn had far more fans, but was that really true? If you look at this forum no one has commented on Shawn's thread for 3 weeks! In season 8 she was in her prime of fan support having just finished an olympics but this time the focus was "I didn't make the olympics so I'm going to win this!" Not only was her built-in fan base was smaller this time around, but they (Derek & Shawn) did a few things that didn't help earn any new votes, like breaking the rules and acting like it didn't matter and going so heavy on the gynmastics. Inviting the fab 5 to the final was probably counter productive since it looked like ABC was pulling out all the stops to give Shawn the win. (Imagine if Melissa had invited some of her cowboy cheerleaders to join her final, or Kelly invited General Hospital stars to dance with her!)

And although Shawn is a good dancer, she wasn't really much better this season than she was season 8. Melissa, on the hand, clearly improved from her season 8 performances.

So I don't see much manipulation from ABC aside from their usual tweaks (dance order, etc) and the judge's usual biases.

It is interesting that Tom didn't give any hint about whether the final scores were close. Either the scores were very close and ABC didn't want to announce that fact (perhaps not wanting to throw it in Derek's face) or the scores were not close at all and Melissa won by a comfortable margin.
    Every poll I saw had Kelly winning, not Shawn. I dont think it matters now, the season is over, M/T won
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    My throbs and thoughts are with you, and I'm jealous, because I haven't seen a size 2 since Moses parted the Red Sea.
    I think I might only have been a size 2 when I was age 2.
    ness, GabbyG, AZChristian and 1 others like this.

All the buzz I read was in favor of T/M except one site that leans heavily in Derek's favor. Even there, I read a lot of comments cheering on T/M. It's nice to have such a feel-good finale. Waching the season, they were always among the first to congratulate a fellow contestant. When they were called safe each week, they didn't have the over-the-top YEA FOR ME reactions that rub us the wrong way sometimes - instead they appeared to be shocked each time they were allowed to continue on. Cheryl has tweeted that she cried happy tears for them. That gives you an idea of how loved they are.
    Kip, Tobi, luvlady345 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think I might only have been a size 2 when I was age 2.
    When Susan Lucci was on, someone mentioned she was a size zero .How can that be? zero is no size at all
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    All the buzz I read was in favor of T/M except one site that leans heavily in Derek's favor. Even there, I read a lot of comments cheering on T/M. It's nice to have such a feel-good finale. Watching the season, they were always among the first to congratulate a fellow contestant. When they were called safe each week, they didn't have the over-the-top YEA FOR ME reactions that rub us the wrong way sometimes - instead they appeared to be shocked each time they were allowed to continue on. Cheryl has tweeted that she cried happy tears for them. That gives you an idea of how loved they are.
    Cheryl was hoping( she was on ET) for Kelly to take it all, apparently they are really good friends. I am sure they are like one big family after so many weeks.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    When Susan Lucci was on, someone mentioned she was a size zero .How can that be? zero is no size at all
    Susan Lucci doesn't exist. She's a figment of our imagination. lol!

I agree, size 0 is ludicrous. Makes me think they're not wearing clothes, or they're so small they don't take up any space.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread