+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: 11/20 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/20 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

You know, I've had to miss the last three episodes, and I'm not sure I'll bother to tune in for the finale either. I just don't have much of a rooting interest in any of the teams left, and sadly, while the season started out so promisingly, I think it's started to drag.

Maybe DWTS really has jumped the shark. At least for me. I don't find myself caring all that much about whether there's another season or not.
    karalott likes this.

It was very draggy this season. I blame the show, because they did something that didn't work, and continued doing it.I think it has jumped the shark, and I dont care about the next season, or who wins this one.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've voted for Apolo all season and am so sad that he was voted out last night. He deserved to be in the finals, imo. I think Apolo is a better dancer than Kelly and Emmitt (makes sense to me that Emmitt's out) but he just didn't have high enough scores or a large enough fan base to pull him through this week. Things would have been different if he had Julianne Hough as a partner again! I don't think Karina has a huge following but I could be wrong.

Speaking of fan bases.... Whoever wins DWTS AS will be the person who has the largest fan base. It's not going to have a lot to do with dancing at this point or scoring for that matter. Heck, what it comes down to is the winner must be able to dance, of course, BUT they also must have a grouping of fans who are rabid enough to vote vote vote.

Kelly's General Hospital support is huge. Val may have garnered some fans of his own over the last few seasons but I don't think he has enough to really matter. However, I believe Max's fans will go gangbusters with getting in votes for Kelly/Val. Max is asking them to, via Twitter.

Melissa is truly a good dancer and I enjoy watching her. She may recieve a ton of votes from the Dallas Cowboys' fans but I'm not sure she'll get enough to put her over the top. Now, Tony is an entirely different kettle of fish!! People who watch DWTS LOVE Tony, are tired of him being saddled with awful partners, and that just could bring Melissa that trophy.

I do agree with many of you that it's Shawn's to lose. She really is the "best" dancer this season and her fanbase is HUGE. So is Derick's. They've had an amazing number of dances! So entertaining!

Next week will be interesting. Apolo's gone so I honestly don't care who wins. Any of them would be ok with me. They've all done a great job and, unlike many of you, I've enjoyed the All Stars Season!
    Tobi and Arielflies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Okay I used to think that way until I saw the Samba. That dance blew my fuzzy socks off! Yes Dereck pushed the envelope & sometimes shreds it, burns it & tosses in the trash. I used to agree that he went too far at times until that Samba. The conclusion I came to after that dance is if you keep doing the same old cookie cutter routines eventually no one dance/dancer becomes memorable. If choregraphers didn't push the envelope new dance forms would never emerge, I have come to appreciate Derek's talent. Shawn is his perfect muse so to speak. She is young & flexable enough to be able to perform his routines.
    Agree with you 100% which is why I said Derek should find the right vehicle to do that. I absolutely agree that dances should evolve and change. But not on this show. The point of this show is to teach the stars how to dance these ballroom and latin dances, as they exist. That's where I have the issue. Not that he does it - but that he does it on this show. Not the right place.
    TIA__MA and Need40winks like this.

I just realized that I will be out of the country during the Finals, so I won't be watching or voting. I'll play back the recording from my DVR next Friday.

In all likelihood, I would have voted from Tony and Melissa barring any obvious issues with their routines. They seem like the most real partnership on the show.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Thats why he is leaving the show it's too confining. Like I said, I see glimpses of others pushing a little( Val for one) if you do the same thing day after day, year after year, I think there's a need a dancer/choreographer has, for new and exciting. Some of the people that watch DWTS are very happy with it as is, but others are not. So, Derek is leaving, and although he is bad not to play by the rules, he is the only one I completely enjoy 100% every single week.I know when I love a dancer, he or she leaves me wanting more, I cannot say that about another pro on this show.
    I wondered when I read this and reflected on Derek saying he always wants to learn and push himself outside of his comfort zone if the crazy theme weeks with different dances this season were included to keep Derek somewhat engaged for his last season.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    I wondered when I read this and reflected on Derek saying he always wants to learn and push himself outside of his comfort zone if the crazy theme weeks with different dances this season were included to keep Derek somewhat engaged for his last season.
    I don't think so. I think the show itself felt they should push them, as most of them had won before.

I enjoyed Derek's dance last night with 4 others, it was superb. I know DWTS wont fall apart without him, but his choreography and excitement will be missed by his fans.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    So, any predictions for the finals???

I'm going to guess that Kelly will be the first eliminated. She's just not in the same league as Melissa and Shawn. I think Shawn will be crowned the All-Stars champion and Melissa will be runner-up. Melissa is good but it's hard to compete with an athlete, plus Shawn being an Olympian makes her a more popular dancer than Melissa, who turned a lot of people off in her stint on the Bachelor.

I will be shocked if Kelly picks up the mirror ball trophy again. I don't know if even her strong fanbase can get her to the top this time.
    Well, since my pediction at the start of the season was a Gilles, Emmitt, Shawn finale...with Apolo or Helio as the dark horses...I am clearly not so good at this, but here goes nothing:

My guess is Kelly or Melissa out first with Shawn taking the whole thing. This is not what I want to happen, but that's my guess.

Kelly has left me cold this whole season. I don't watch soaps and I wasn't watching the show during her first season, so I have no real opinion about her other than what I have seen on the show this season. She looks pretty miserable all the time and the fake showmance is annoying. While Val is hot, he is no Maks. I understand that her dancing has improved, but, of the three, she is the weakest IMHO.

Shawn is an awesome dancer and Derek is a great choreographer, but again, while watching these two I'm not really FEELING it. Logically I can appriciate their skill and technique, but Derek has always had the best dancers and music, and it is like he is being set up again for another trophy for his swan song. I know they both have big fan bases and that they will probably put on a great show and win the whole thing and I can't really complain if they do, because they are really good, but still, I can't get all that enthusiastic if they do.

I was not a big fan of Melissa during her time on the Bachelor. She was just a little too perky cheerleader for my tastes, but I didn't hate her either. I have found her much more likeable during her time on DWTS but, that could be because she just makes Tony so happy. The poor man has had to put up with so many duds, that it is nice to see him with a real contender. Her dancing is on par with Shawn and they both just radiate enthusiasm and joy. I don't think they expected to get this far because others had better fan bases...I didn't expect it either, but I think the sheer joy and appreciation they both exude has won them many fans...myself included. Skill wise they are good enough to win and for me they bring that intangible quality that makes me root for them to take the whole thing.
    Kip, Need40winks, Bet2Win and 3 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Many of us picked an all male final so surprising to see 3 women in the finals.

I agree that it will all come down to fan votes. Shawn and Melissa were in the finals before and Shawn won, so the question is whether their fan support has changed. The only way I see Melissa winning is if those voting for Emmitt now vote for Melissa. This would seem possible since they were splitting the cowboy votes and maybe they can organize themselves and all vote for Melissa.

It will be ironic if Kelly wins because people will say it is just like her previous season--not the best dancer, but has lots of fans.
    Kip, jucamer and Midol like this.

I will be logging all my votes for Melissa & Tony. That is, unless they do something dismal to not deserve it, which I highly doubt.

I think they both deserve it. She works hard, dances great, & keeps a positive attitude. As for Tony, well, it's time.
    I'm to the point where I just don't want to look at Kelly & her miserable about-to-break-into-tears look anymore. At the beginning of the season I truly thought she'd had some kind of awful family tragedy happen. I'm disappointed she's still there at the expense of Apollo or Emmitt.
    I just don't want Shawn & Derek to win. Like it or not, this show has dances to do & rules to abide by. He just can't write his own. I'm also sick of Shawn's gymnastic dancing. Yeah, she can do that stuff, we all know that. It just doesn't belong on this show. This is DANCING, not gymnastics. We didn't see Apollo dancing on skates on ice, did we?

Melissa/Tony for the win!!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread