+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: 11/20 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/20 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I can honestly say I am shocked! If you had told me early in the season that this would be an all woman finale, I would have told you that you were nuts. I liked all of the F5, and I actually like all of the F3. I will honestly be ok if any of the three win. That being said, I have a soft spot for both Kelly and Melissa. Kelly because it would be cool that the very first winner is also the all-stars winner. Melissa because she hasn't won before and Tony is due. But Shawn has also been great and I have really enjoyed her dancing this season as well - moreso than during Season 8. So I'm good with any of them, really.
    Kip, GabbyG, jucamer and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I was flying across country and missed seeing the show live but have tried to read the posts to stay up with what has happened.
    I wanted to mention something from an editing standpoint that I know happens with reality tv shows, and that is that when you hear a contestant repeatedly say the same thing like Melissa is concerning the fact that she has never won, etc. - which yes does get monotonous to the viewers - it is not necessarily because that is what is on the contestant's mind, and that is ALL the contestant wants to say. What we don't see is a producer or the producer's aid on the other side of the camera - sight and sound unheard - asking the contestantant questions which prompt certain answers which are then edited to get certain results.
    Thus, we hear Melissa appear to go on and on about how she is the only one who hasn't won as though that is all she thinks about when it might be that she is prompted to talk about that issue in front of the camera to get that effect, and it tends to become annoying after a while.

KatesMom

I really enjoy the dancing of the final three, but I was sad to see Apolo go.
    fireflyer likes this.

I don't believe Shawn is short due to gymnastics rather think it is genetic. Her Mom is petite herself. I should know being the daughter of a 4'8" woman I would never be super model size. I'm 5" so Shawn & I can share clothes.

So we are left with Miss Unemotional, Miss PomPom & Miss Sourpuss. I can see the Cowboy Nation throwing their votes for Melissa & her winning but Shawn also has an incredible fanbase.

I can't see Kelly wining unless Val has picked up Maks fans. The showmance is just enough already.

I think Melissa is a great dancer however I do have 2 issues with her that would preclude me for voting for her; one is she is a trained dancer. Yes I know DCC is a different form of dancing as opposed to ballroom but Nicole was also a trained dancer. They have years of experience of knowing counts & beats. I also don't connect with people who spend 1/2 their adult on reality tv but then again what else would we have to talk about I count at least 6 different reality shows she has been a part of.

I like Shawn but there is a disconnect but I like her dancing so I normally split my votes between her & Apolo. I understand that athletes have to have the warrior mind-set in order to be successful so I can deal with the disconnect. I have to admit her dancing has really pushed the envelope on many occasions but they have resulted in many of the most memorable dances in all of DWTS. She does have Derec as a partner & I do believe there are many fans who are tired of him winning all of the time myself included. The thing I have to admit after seeing the Banghra dance, Derek is an incredible chorographer who does bring out the best in his dancers.
    fireflyer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    What an entertaining show! Yes, I really wish Apolo had gone through rather than Kelly, but the show itself was great. Something for the young ones with the boy group, something for the strange and quirky with the bizarre dreamscape Paula put together and something for dance lovers with Derek's contemporary dance. Did you SYTYCD fans notice one of the dancers in Derek's troupe was Melanie? She's hard to miss as she has kept the same hairstyle. I like that they made better use of the shallow pool of water than the yucky splashing around of Kelly and Val.

I'm please with the final three (except as noted above.) I can see Kelly taking it in the votes with her fan base and those who want to vote for Val no matter who he partners. I hope that doesn't happen. I will be disappointed, but not surprised. I adore both Shawn and Melissa, who battled it out in Season 8 with Shawn winning. Both have bubbly personalities and a "go for it" attitude about the dances and the competition.

The one thing I missed this season was Dance Center.
    I really missed dance center as well, there would have had some good stuff to work with. With all thse fusion dances and themes, I think they simply ran out of room/time

I saw Derek's dance again, and recognised Melanie and one other dancer.. Whatever Derek does, I do hope he will show up on SYTCD one season.. That young man has a gift, and I think the reason he pushes the choreography at times, is because DWTS can be pretty boring at times.. He is leaving at the right time, and has a tremendous career in dance ahead of him. I didn't care for Paula's routine, but seeing it again, it was really very good.I liked Apolo, but he wasn't as good of a dancer as Kelly. ( jmho) I think it was ET that said polls or oddsmaker were saying ( cover your ears Florimel) that Melissa will win this
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with you, FM. Derek is an incredible choreographer. My issue with him surrounds his decision to not "play by the rules". I think any of the pros can choreograph a non-dance dance any day of the week. I think part of being a good choreographer is staying inside the rules. That being said, I agree that this show holds Derek back. He has a great future for himself and if he wants to push the bounds of the dances, then I think he should find the right vehicle to do that!
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree with you, FM. Derek is an incredible choreographer. My issue with him surrounds his decision to not "play by the rules". I think any of the pros can choreograph a non-dance dance any day of the week. I think part of being a good choreographer is staying inside the rules. That being said, I agree that this show holds Derek back. He has a great future for himself and if he wants to push the bounds of the dances, then I think he should find the right vehicle to do that!
    Thats why he is leaving the show it's too confining. Like I said, I see glimpses of others pushing a little( Val for one) if you do the same thing day after day, year after year, I think there's a need a dancer/choreographer has, for new and exciting. Some of the people that watch DWTS are very happy with it as is, but others are not. So, Derek is leaving, and although he is bad not to play by the rules, he is the only one I completely enjoy 100% every single week.I know when I love a dancer, he or she leaves me wanting more, I cannot say that about another pro on this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

So, any predictions for the finals???

I'm going to guess that Kelly will be the first eliminated. She's just not in the same league as Melissa and Shawn. I think Shawn will be crowned the All-Stars champion and Melissa will be runner-up. Melissa is good but it's hard to compete with an athlete, plus Shawn being an Olympian makes her a more popular dancer than Melissa, who turned a lot of people off in her stint on the Bachelor.

I will be shocked if Kelly picks up the mirror ball trophy again. I don't know if even her strong fanbase can get her to the top this time.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Okay I used to think that way until I saw the Samba. That dance blew my fuzzy socks off! Yes Dereck pushed the envelope & sometimes shreds it, burns it & tosses in the trash. I used to agree that he went too far at times until that Samba. The conclusion I came to after that dance is if you keep doing the same old cookie cutter routines eventually no one dance/dancer becomes memorable. If choregraphers didn't push the envelope new dance forms would never emerge, I have come to appreciate Derek's talent. Shawn is his perfect muse so to speak. She is young & flexable enough to be able to perform his routines.
    Rattus likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Yes, what happened to Dance Center? I thought I missed it since I basically FF through the results show.
    I missed it, too. They could have done a hilarious bit about Kelly and Val! Actually, I'm glad those two made it to the finals. I enjoy watching their chemistry, whether real or contrived. Karina and Apolo just didn't have it, except perhaps for the last dance, the one that was the encore last night. Besides just technical skills, that's the one thing that interests me in watching these couples dance. Shawn has chemistry with no one ... no passion, just technical skill. I so do NOT want her and Derek to win again! Go Melissa and Tony!
    Alexxxx likes this.

+ Reply to Thread