+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: 11/19 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/19 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm rooting for Melissa. After her, I'm torn between Apolo and Emmitt though I'm embarrassed to admit that it's mainly Emmitt's personality that I like so much.

While I love Shawn's dancing, I just don't feel anything when she performs. It's like watching a technical powerhouse without any passion.
    Perfectly said!

I want to see Melissa/Tony win this.

The manufactured romance between Kelly and Val is transparent and dumb.

I would like to see Kelly and Emmit go. I like Emmit but his dancing skill is nowhere near Melissa.

I loved the first half of the show! I would like to see more of this. It adds some fun and interest for me.
    nanarama and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    At the rate we're going, DWTS could just hire Shawn on as one of the pro dancers and be done with it. She's just THAT good. The only thing she's lacking at this point is the ability to express the appropriate emotions / facial expressions for the dances.
    That's something that cannot be taught. I know what you mean, but its an emotion, that unless you have been through, you cant own it. That's why any actor on the show can do that, but they cant necessarily dance well.. She has said it herself, she has been taught to keep her emotions in check. I think she has been tremendous this season, it wouldn't have been this good without her in it. If she doesn't win it all - her and Derek have danced their way to 30's , that have been much deserved.

That banghra dance deserves a post all it's own. At first I agreed w/ Midol that it was like the Bollywood dance,... except these Banhgra moves were much less natural, much harder to achieve, and were rapid-fire, one after another after another. I can't imagine Emmett doing that same dance... not a chance. Nor could Kelly. Melissa would try but would compromise either rhythm or presence--she couldn't maintain both up to Shawn's level. Appolo? Maybe...just maybe Apolo could've done Banghra.
    It was very difficult, and Shawn & Derek pulled it off. It was a wonderful dance, I hope we see it again, because the other dances were horrible.I watched a couple of them again, and I am not sure the pros knew what they were doing. It didn't look that enjoyable for them.As for the scoring, I think Tom knew what the audience were thinking, not to mention the dancers themselves
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's something that cannot be taught. I know what you mean, but its an emotion, that unless you have been through, you cant own it. That's why any actor on the show can do that, but they cant necessarily dance well.. She has said it herself, she has been taught to keep her emotions in check.
    Even Apolo has talked about it being difficult to express his emotions, so I'm attributing this to a conditioned response for athletes. If they let their emotions get the better of them in competitions, they probably won't do well.
    Shoepie and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Even Apolo has talked about it being difficult to express his emotions, so I'm attributing this to a conditioned response for athletes. If they let their emotions get the better of them in competitions, they probably won't do well.
    Yes he did. I think both he and Shawn have tried very hard, its isn't their partners fault. Its something that doesnt come naturally to them. I loved his dance to Man in the Mirror. These 5 couples have really given it their all, and while I am not a fan of Kelly and Val, they dance well. The difference being, I see a lot of chemistry, mostly in the little bits off stage they do, but not so much when they are dancing. Its anyone's to win. I don't think TPTB have a say, its the viewers and who they like
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I guess I am in the minority here but I hope Miss PomPom leaves tonight. I am over her feeling she deserves to win because everybody else has won but her.

I am over Miss Soupuss too. There was ALOT of Val showing on my 50" HDTV last night. I was glad it isn't a 3D tv or I might have had an eye poked out. That wasn't a flamenco & Len called it a polka but gave them a higher score than Shawn's non-Samba. Weird.

Emmitt...love him but...not at the same level as the others.

Apolo the jazz dance is best forgotten.

Shawn liked both dances. Carrie Ann underscored her AT. Hers was as good as Melissa's; it was just a different interpation. CA gave them a 9 so I stupidly thew all my votes to Shawn & didn't save any for Apolo
    march and Florimel like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Interesting how we can all watch the show and see things so differently. I see no sense of entitlement from Melissa. I see someone who is pushing herself so hard, because the others know what it feels like to win and she doesn't. I am happy for Tony as I really think he is enjoying himself this season.

Based on talent alone, I think it should be Kelly and Emmitt leaving tonight. But we all know talent isn't necessarily what people vote for. I honestly have no idea who is leaving. And I would honestly be ok with any one of them winning.

And add me to the list of those who liked the Bhangra. I had never heard of it before, but I really enjoyed it and hope it is the encore tonight.
    Shoepie, Arielflies and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    That banghra dance deserves a post all it's own. At first I agreed w/ Midol that it was like the Bollywood dance,... except these Banhgra moves were much less natural, much harder to achieve, and were rapid-fire, one after another after another.
    I thought I couldn't get enough of last week's non-Samba but this was even better. Shawn has had the most memorable dances of the season.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Interesting how we can all watch the show and see things so differently. I see no sense of entitlement from Melissa. I see someone who is pushing herself so hard, because the others know what it feels like to win and she doesn't. I am happy for Tony as I really think he is enjoying himself this season.

Based on talent alone, I think it should be Kelly and Emmitt leaving tonight. But we all know talent isn't necessarily what people vote for. I honestly have no idea who is leaving. And I would honestly be ok with any one of them winning.

And add me to the list of those who liked the Bhangra. I had never heard of it before, but I really enjoyed it and hope it is the encore tonight.
    It's only because she brings it up evey week...several times. Okay we know you didn't win a mirror ball. Honestly she annoys me so much that if the finale was doen to her & Khate Gossling I would have thrown my votes for Khate.
    Florimel and fireflyer like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    It's only because she brings it up evey week...several times. Okay we know you didn't win a mirror ball. Honestly she annoys me so much that if the finale was doen to her & Khate Gossling I would have thrown my votes for Khate.
    Understood. And again, I just see it differently. I see it that she is really taking this seriously and she really wants to win . . . and this is why. What I like about her is that she is having a good time, as evidenced by how happy her and Tony are, and yet she is taking this seriously and is in it to win it. I hear each of them talk about it each week and they all want to win. For the past winners, it is how much harder it is this season, how much better everyone is, and how much they want to win again. I do think our opinions of people form the basis for what we see. It has just always been interesting to me how we can all watch the same show and have such wildly different opinions about what we have seen. That's what keeps life interesting!
    BTW, luvlady345, Shoepie and 6 others like this.

In all honesty I hardly remember Melissa from her season on DWTS. The only thing I associate Melissa with is DCC & as being dumped on The Bachelor. I never watch the Bachelor so there you go. She is just plain vanilla to me.

I think they all go on the show wanting to win why else would they go on.
    march and fireflyer like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread