+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I wasn't going to watch tonight, but it will be worth it to see Kirstie go.
    That it was
    Tobi and elleprn like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Kelly shouldn't even have won her first season, right? Wasn't John better?
    Yes.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vegas oddsmakers had Kirstie and Emmitt going home this week. Hmm.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Vegas oddsmakers had Kirstie and Emmitt going home this week. Hmm.
    "Hmmm.", is right.

Don't have a CLUE about the Vegas oddsmakers.

Do they usually tend to be right?

They OBVIOUSLY weren't in THIS case, but?

Well, anyway, Maks and Peta'll get to go their merry way and choreograph their own dances, so I'm sure they'll be happy as two pigs in mud!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have found Shawn to be a lot more cocky than Gilles, but I still like her. I never saw him that way, but always as polite and grateful for his opportunities. NOT because of his looks and sexiness, but because I think he's kind and a lovely man. Without him as a finalist, I probably won't watch more than just on and off. I'll watch Cheryl/Emmitt and Apolo/Karina, possibly Shawn/Derek. I will not be watching any of the others couples at all.
    Rattus and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Vegas oddsmakers don't know Cowboy fans or football fans period. I was hoping for Kelly or Melissa to go. They both bore me to tears. I wanted a Shawn,Emmitt, Giles finale.
    Florimel likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I missed the rundown of the dances for next week. Does anyone have the list of them?
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    "Hmmm.", is right.

Don't have a CLUE about the Vegas oddsmakers.

Do they usually tend to be right?

They OBVIOUSLY weren't in THIS case, but?

Well, anyway, Maks and Peta'll get to go their merry way and choreograph their own dances, so I'm sure they'll be happy as two pigs in mud!
    Actually yes, they have been pretty accurate. I guess they got the obvious one right.It will be interesting to see who goes next.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I missed the rundown of the dances for next week. Does anyone have the list of them?
    They were so crazy! I remember the styles for a few, but not the theme.

Emmitt has the Lindyhop....Shawn has Bhangra....Apolo has Jazz....Kelly has Flamenco....and Melissa got the hustle.

Last time Tony did a hustle, I'm pretty sure it ruined his chances of winning with Stacy...guess we shall see what happens the time around.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I don't think Gilles has been cocky -- he's just been taking it a little too seriously, and not having as much fun as he did the first time (for some reason). I wish he was able to lighten up about it all, he might have been more entertaining off the floor & in interviews. But I still loved to see him return.

I like Apolo, but I still get some kind of tense vibe between him and Karina, like they decided to be friendly in public even though they don't like each other or something. I could be wrong, but whatever it is that's twisted about their chemistry affects the dancing sometimes. But I won't mind continuing to look at him, er, I mean watch him dance.

Emmit doesn't really do it for me. I only watched the show casually when he was first on it, and I'm not a big football fan, so I only judge him by how I see him on the show. Beyond the usual admiration that all football players get when it turns out that they actually can shake their hips, I've found his dancing good but not exceptional. I wouldn't have minded him going instead of Gilles.

I really have no opinion on Kelly or Melissa.

I've loved seeing Kirstie on this show. I knew it was a matter of time before the scores would be too low for the fans to save them, but I think she's been the only all-star with the right attitude about the whole season. She didn't take it too seriously, remembered that the show is a piece of entertainment just as much as it is a competition. That's an instinct that most of the athletes have lacked over the years, which is why I don't jump for joy as much when an athlete wins. being a "star" implies that they are professional enough to size up a room and play to the crowd accordingly, which is why reality show people tank so miserably, or at least aren't as popular. They're too self-absorbed to understand what the show is supposed to be other than a vehicle for them to sell another (thin) book.

Lost two of my favorites this week -- I don't know for sure who to root for now, but since it's probably Derek's last season, I'll root for Shawn just so I can see as much of him as possible.
    march, Shoepie, Rattus and 2 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread