+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Actually the one who's been in the bottom twice now is Apolo. I'm worried about him and hope he picks up some of Kristie's or Gilles' fans next week!
    ness and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

We are not sure ever if the other person...the one who is safe...really is part of the bottom two

Actually, Tom says if it is not necessarily the bottom two and I think he did say not necessarily the bottom two last night. Did anyone else hear it? I am pretty sure that he said it last night but am not entirely sure.
    maude~flanders and jucamer like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Actually, Tom says if it is not necessarily the bottom two and I think he did say not necessarily the bottom two last night. Did anyone else hear it? I am pretty sure that he said it last night but am not entirely sure.
    He did - and IMO he seemed to emphasize it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    We are not sure ever if the other person...the one who is safe...really is part of the bottom two
    Tom tells us. Last night he said not necessarily the bottom two, when it was down to Gilles and Emmit. When it was Kirsty and Kelly, he said one of you had the lowest score.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I dont think they are. I guess they need some drama
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Gilles is very classy. He kind of knew he was going and wanted to let Apollo pick his dance theme for the next week.

Gilles really gave it his all....fantastic dancer and athlete. I hope we see more of him.
    march and Florimel like this.
    You can do it!

Well, I'm disappointed.
    I had a strong feeling that Kirstie was going & I suppose it was her time. The others really are better. But I really enjoyed her & Maks a lot & was hoping she'd make it through.
    Gilles, on the other hand, I was surprised about & VERY disappointed. Just because he's good doesn't mean he's cocky. So many others have been & are far worse. He deserved to stay.

I'm glad to see others who like Melissa/Tony so much. I love them & would love to see Tony be on the winning team.
    All my votes are going to them, providing they keep up the good performances.

Shawn/Derek are ticking me off. I don't want them to win. Between his not doing the dances or moves he's supposed to (Talk about conceited/cocky!) and her bouncing all over like a gymnastics competition, I'm well over them.

Kelly needs to smile & be more likable. Emmit & Apollo just seem to have lost whatever they had first time. It just isn't fun to watch them anymore.

I think this leaves Melissa/Tony. Both are smiling & having fun. Plus they are playing by the rules & dancing very well. My choice for the win.
    BTW, Shoepie, Arielflies and 4 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

At first I was almost floored with the Gilles' elimination and wondered, "Where in the world did that one come from?" He had not previously been in the bottom 2, until last week he had been on the top of the leader board, and he was exceptional again last night. However, there are a couple of things in retrospect I think I needed to take into consideration to help me to understand how such an elimination could happen, especially considering a great many people thought Gilles would technically end up in the F2.

First, we never - and I mean virtually never - get to see any of the viewer vote tallies. Since Gilles was so immensely popular the first go round, I assumed he was pretty popular this time as well. The reality is, however, that Gilles could have been close to the bottom of the list on viewer votes this whole time, and it finally caught up with him despite the judges' high scores from last night. On this board there has been some back and forth discussion concerning Gilles' attitude, so that may have come into play with viewers, or it may have simply been that he has such stiff competition in terms of popularity.

Second, in the edit we heard Gilles himself point out during a rehearsal that he was concerned with some of his scores that had fallen. I now wonder if that was included in the edit to point out that the viewer votes had also fallen without saying as much?

One of the things that I think went well for Gilles was that he was included with the 2 other guys. It may not have smarted half as badly to have lost out to a season winner Olympian and a season winner Pro Football Hall of Famer than it might have to some of the others.

Also, as to who were the actual bottom 2 last night, my thought was that would be Kirstie on the bottom and Gilles right ahead of her.
    Shoepie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Gilles could also have been a victim of his fans assuming he was safe. Apolo's fans (me included) worried that he might be eliminated because he's been in the bottom two before so we called in votes for him. I've always thought this was what got Chris Daughtry eliminated when he was on American Idol. It wasn't that voters wanted him out. They just assumed he was safe so they concentrated their votes on favorites they were more worried about.

As Tom reminds everyone at the end of each show, you can't assume your favorites are safe. If you want them around next week, you have to call in for them!

+ Reply to Thread