+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Finally caught the show! c:

I'm not that surprised at who got ousted, I expected Kirstie to be out this week, and Gilles wasn't the big of a surprise for me either, because I've been reading on EW that people keep saying he's too arrogant and cocky this week. If Gilles was safe, I would have assumed that either Kelly or Emmitt would be the other couple to be kicked off.

Really happy that Tony made it this far. Hopefully he and Melissa will be in the finals. I just love seeing him so happy.

For Shawn & Derek, not surprised at all they made it, they'll probably end up in the finals, (being realistic, there's always a guarantee spot for the finals for golden boy) I don't mind Shawn, it's her partner that I don't like I'm not sure, but I've been reading that a lot of people don't like her this season, on other boards people keep saying she has this stuck up or bratty attitude. I don't see it at all. So, I'm a bit confused why some are saying Shawn is acting this way (Gilles is the same, but I'll write more on that) People who are tired of seeing Melissa's high kick, I feel the same way when seeing Shawn do gymnastic moves in a dance. However I do expect to some moves in their freestyle........but being me, I kinda of hope they don't make it....that far

Apolo & Karina: Meh, I can see them in the finals. They been severely underscored for their dances. Why is that? If there has to be a two time winner for the pros, I hope it's Karina, and I don't mind seeing Apolo win the trophy again.

Emmitt & Cheryl: Not sure about these two making it in the finals. I feel like their dances haven't been all that memorable. If they do make it, though, Emmitt is another winner I would love to see win it all . I just hope when they get to their freestyle, Cheryl won't screw up like she did with William's.

Kelly & Val: This couple has surprised me. Honestly, I didn't think they would make it this far! So good for them. Frankly, I don't see them making it to the finals Many people don't like Kelly's mood (she does seem serious the majority of the time), but I would love to see a new pro win, so here's hoping Val makes it, hopefully.

Melissa & Tony: I'm so happy that Tony made it this far! I would love to see these two in the finals! And I would love too see Tony win the entire thing! <3 From all the couples, I want them to win, not only because Melissa is the only non-winner, but I would love to see Tony finally grasp mirrorball trophy, he deserves it for all the time he has spent on this show and all the duds he had to put up with. (*cough* Kate Goseslin *cough*) The only thing that I will say is that, yeah, Melissa does tend to do a lot of high kicks, but other than that, I'm rooting for this couple.

Sad to see Kirstie go, but not surprised. I'll always enjoy her partnership and friendship with Maks, it's one of my favourites. I'm mad that Gilles got out, because I picked him to win for a bet, but at the same time not surprised. I don't see the arrogance or cockiness from him, maybe I'm blind? , but I just don't see it.

Gilles/Peta and Kirstie/Maks are on Jimmy Kimmel right now for anyone on the East Coast who is interested. Gilles just kissed Kirstie and Jimmy is talking about Maks and Peta dating so it is pretty interesting.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I'm not looking forward to next week. I hate it when they have the stars do dances that even their pro's aren't familiar with. This season has been way too full of gimmicks and it's really turning me off. I don't know if I'll bother watching next season. It's a shame because I used to love this show.

I'm not a fan of reality shows that have tons of pointless twists (like Big Brother). I don't know why producers feel like they need to manipulate things to keep viewers interested. The shows are compelling enough if you just let them run their course. If they're not, putting lipstick on a pig isn't going to make it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Finally caught the show! c:

I'm not that surprised at who got ousted, I expected Kirstie to be out this week, and Gilles wasn't the big of a surprise for me either, because I've been reading on EW that people keep saying he's too arrogant and cocky this week. If Gilles was safe, I would have assumed that either Kelly or Emmitt would be the other couple to be kicked off....
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I don't see Gilles as being cocky and arrogant, Kelly doesn't seem so much cold to me as maybe more reserved or insecure. I'd love to see her win, mostly because I adore Val and would be happy for him to have a winning dancer for a change. However, I don't think Kelly is the best dancer this season so I don't think she will win.

I love Apolo but I don't think he's doing as well this season as he did his first season. I don't know if that's because Karina isn't pushing him enough or if my expectations of him were too high or what.

I think Emmitt should have gone before Gilles. I know Emmitt has been getting in a lot of practice time but I still think he's not performing as well as he did his original season. Maybe his laid-back approach was enough to win in the first season he was in but up against other all-stars, he's just not memorable or exciting.

The two who have been blowing it away every week, IMO, are Shawn and Melissa. Of those two, I would prefer to see Shawn win because she seems more genuine to me. Melissa, with her big grin, seems so fake and I find her annoying. Plus, I don't like that she has a dance background (or so I've heard). If it's true, that gives her an unfair advantage over the other competitors.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-14-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    ness, TIA__MA and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

MFWalkOff, I cannot add much to your post; I agree with all of it except I am rooting for Melissa to win.

Her high kicks don't bother me. Each contestant has their talent and uses it. Gilles dances were all very sexy, Shawn her gymnastic moves, Kirsty comedy etc.

I was not surprised to see Gilles go. Over the weeks I have noticed posters tire of the sexy schtick. I guess the voting public did too. I will miss Kirsty; love that woman.

Interesting that Cheryl would like to be the next Bachelorette. I would love that! She is 28 and we would see some more mature men and she is at ease with the camera. Lose the extentions.
    TIA__MA, nanarama and jucamer like this.

See that is the vibe I got from Giles....I'm sexy, know it & so should you...I got screwed last time so I deserve this! I loved Giles his 1st season...go figure.

Now I no longer have to split my votes between Apolo & Shawn
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I wasn't surprised at Kirstie being eliminated, but defiitely surprised at Gilles. I think he was taking this way too seriously and came off as cocky a little too much. Right now, I am pulling for Melissa (ONLY B/C OF TONY). I don't want to see Mr. Break the Rules and say it is b/c he is bringing something younger/fresher to the show Derek win yet again.
    TIA__MA and Midol like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wasn't shocked at Kirstie leaving either. I will miss her and Maks though. As much as I don't like Gilles this season (he's just weird this year lol), I definitely thought Emmit should have gone home first, at least in terms of dancing. Emmit is boring to watch dance now because he never does anything new. But again, I am not going to miss Gilles, so I am happy from that stand point. I was so scared that Apolo was going to go home last night. I think I might have stopped watching if he had lol. Next week sounds... interesting lol
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I was sad to see my two favorites leave. I wasn't sick of Gilles at all. I enjoyed his antics and Kirstie is amusing IMO.
    I'm afraid I don't really have much interest in who goes on now. I don't care for Melissa, but other than that, I'm okay with anyone else winning, though I don't know I'll be turning in now.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I don't see Gilles as being cocky and arrogant, Kelly doesn't seem so much cold to me as maybe more reserved or insecure. I'd love to see her win, mostly because I adore Val and would be happy for him to have a winning dancer for a change. However, I don't think Kelly is the best dancer this season so I don't think she will win.

I love Apolo but I don't think he's doing as well this season as he did his first season. I don't know if that's because Karina isn't pushing him enough or if my expectations of him were too high or what.

I think Emmitt should have gone before Gilles. I know Emmitt has been getting in a lot of practice time but I still think he's not performing as well as he did his original season. Maybe his laid-back approach was enough to win in the first season he was in but up against other all-stars, he's just not memorable or exciting.

The two who have been blowing it away every week, IMO, are Shawn and Melissa. Of those two, I would prefer to see Shawn win because she seems more genuine to me. Melissa, with her big grin, seems so fake and I find her annoying. Plus, I don't like that she has a dance background (or so I've heard). If it's true, that gives her an unfair advantage over the other competitors.
    Shawn also has a dance background...as an gymnast, you have to take dance lessons in order to be competitive on the floor exercise.

Melissa's high leg kicks are not because she wants to do them, they are because Tony is choreographing her dances and thinks they are needed in certain dances. Melissa is not fake, she is as genuine as they come. She is truly enjoying her time on DWTS and her and Tony have a great friendship...Tony is having a ball with her and is so happy! Okay...Melissa has a big grin...let's fault her for something she was born with...ugh!

I am rooting for Tony and Melissa all the way!!!!!
    Tobi, Arielflies and LuckyMom like this.

FORT Fogey

Going on fan base, Melissa will probably go next. I like her and don't want that to happen but it is not about dancing; it is about fans. I would perfer for Miss Sourpuss to leave. I find it so odd that she rarely smiles!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread