+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 11/12 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/12 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Love him as a football player, role model and human being! However, following Giles last night really showed the lack of 'WOW' factor. Love him or hate him, Giles was crisp, clean and powerful when he was dancing alone. Emmitt, by comparison, was flat and sluggish. It was a pretty dramatic juxtaposition.
    Exactly. Gilles' choreography was a lot riskier for him as well, so I don't see how Emmitt ended up with a perfect score when Gilles didn't. I also don't see how that was exactly outside of Emmitt's comfort zone, as CA claimed it was. Emmitt's always been able to shake it, and I didn't really see him trying to do anything he hasn't done before. Granted, he was working with two partners rather than one, but so were Gilles and Apollo, who had more difficult routines, and neither of them were rewarded to the extent that Emmitt was.

And I still think that for an all-stars season, it would have been nice to see all of them have to have a third partner of the same gender as the "star," so the comparison between an amateur and professional doing similar moves would have been more pronounced. Apollo took a big chance doing that, as Gilles did by putting himself out there in a solo when one wasn't required. I just didn't see that kind of big move from Emmitt, and at this point, they should all be trying something that would really make themselves stand out, as it's not going to be all that easy for anyone to make the finals (or it shouldn't be, at any rate).

I'm thrilled with Len's two 10's for Gilles, very well deserved. Apolo was also excellent.

Not thrilled with Melissa's overscored two 30's. She still looks like what she is, a professional cheerleader dancing. I like Tony, but I wish she'd be gone though I know ABC wants her there. She's being overscored, I believe, because her phone in numbers are not what they hoped.

Is there no way to get rid of Carrie Ann? Most of what she says makes no sense whatsoever. If she think she knows more than Len or even Bruno about ballroom dance, she's delusional.
    Rattus and Uncle David like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Love him as a football player, role model and human being! However, following Giles last night really showed the lack of 'WOW' factor. Love him or hate him, Giles was crisp, clean and powerful when he was dancing alone. Emmitt, by comparison, was flat and sluggish. It was a pretty dramatic juxtaposition.
    I think Emmitt could go home tonight, we need a shocker don't we. I don't see Gilles going.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Emmitt could go home tonight, we need a shocker don't we. I don't see Gilles going.
    I'm very worried about Shawn. So worried that, if I had watched the show last night, I would have voted for her. Something I rarely do.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I probably shouldn't admit this because I know she's America's Sweethart & he's the show/judges favorite, but I'm ready to see Shawn/Derek go in a "shocking elimination".

Derek's probably the best choreographer, but he just doesn't follow the rules. He doesn't do the dance they're assigned. He knows this full well & does it anyhow just because he knows he's the show's Golden Boy & will get away with it. This has become obvious.
    As to Shawn, I'm tired of her turning dances into a gymnastics act. Her actual dancing is great. She doesn't need to do this. It's just a show-off thing. This is DANCING With the Stars, not Gymnastics With the Stars. I half expect her to do a vault & sommersault during a waltz.

Neither one of them seems to want to do what they're supposed to do, instead they show off, & keep getting away with whatever they want. Thus, I hope they leave.
    Kip, Florimel, ness and 4 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'm very worried about Shawn. So worried that, if I had watched the show last night, I would have voted for her. Something I rarely do.
    I voted for her, and it was difficult to get through on the phone. I guess we will know tonight.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think Kirstie will go home for sure tonight. She has the lowest judges' scores, far under the other stars' scores, so even if her fan base is able to lift her out of dead last, I don't think they'll be able to rescue her from second to last place.

I'm worried about Apolo. His scores haven't been as good as I thought they should be. Last night I phoned in votes for him and got through every time. Not a good sign because it indicates to me that he's not getting many audience votes.

I'm hoping it will be Emmitt going home instead. I don't feel like he's trying as hard this season and has been just kind of meh.

I hope Shawn doesn't get voted out! I just changed my star couple in the pool from Apolo to her so I'll be dang mad if she's out right after I switched.
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    He knows this full well & does it anyhow just because he knows he's the show's Golden Boy & will get away with it. This has become obvious.
    They got a 7 from Len last night. He didn't get away with it. In fact, more often than not Len punishes them with reduced scores when Derek choreographs outside the box.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm hoping it will be Emmitt going home instead. I don't feel like he's trying as hard this season and has been just kind of meh.
    Well, Emmitt practiced more hours than anyone else last week, so I don't think he is not trying hard, Pikachu. As I mentioned in his thread, though, it has been several years since he did this show last and those are very long years in the aftermath of the life of a football running back with regard to the overall rapid aging impact of football and what his body continues to be capable of.

Emmitt may go this week, he may go next week, or the week after depending upon how many in the Cowboy Nation are focused on this competition this time around given that the Cowboys are struggling themselves right now.

In any event, I am proud of Emmitt and although I watched this season just because of him, I have really particularly enjoyed watching Apolo, Gilles and Shawn in addition to Em.
    Kip, Florimel and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

They got a 7 from Len last night. He didn't get away with it. In fact, more often than not Len punishes them with reduced scores when Derek choreographs outside the box.
    Yes he did. Len was right( even though I enjoyed it and watched it three times)
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread